[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

You can cut Batty, but whatever you do don’t cut Ichi against Noise.

1 Like

You can’t play fewer ICE in faster decks, if anything you need more. You’re game becomes trying to set up a scoring server before the runner can get in. If you don’t draw your ICE you’re done. You also need to change your econ to be more impactful Operation econ (primarily).

The problem with rush decks in Jinteki is their Agendas favour the slower game. Nisei tokens are way less valuable if making a successful run only costs 2-3 credits. Most importantly, Jinteki agendas and IDs don’t provide the economic advantage that the other factions get. Fast Track is definitely good Noise tech. The safest place for agendas is probably HQ.

5 Likes

This hits the nail on the head. I’ve been playing biotech and rp rush recently and I’ve run 16 in both decks and felt fine. dbs, operation econ, even weirder cards like Green Level Clearance go a long way to upping the tempo.

1 Like

I’ve been running Biotech with Sweeps Week recently, it’s pretty much perfect if a bit heavy on influence. With some MHCs in there as well it can hit better than hedge fund efficiency sometimes, which is awesome.

I think Greenhouse (let’s be honest, Biotech might as well not have 2 other options as far as competitive play is concerned) is a better choice than RP if you’re trying to rush - you want binary ice which can leave your centrals easy to bounce off, and the 4 free credits and unadvanced Nisei score are both a much bigger deal than occasionally making the runner spend a click bouncing off centrals to hit the remote.

Your remote does often end up not that expensive to run, but between caprice and Nisei tokens you aren’t worrying about whether the runner can get in once but whether they can manage it 2-3 times in the same turn.

I’ve been running on 17 ice, but including 2+ each of Crick and Cortex Lock which don’t necessarily work all game long. I think with more generic ice 16 would be fine, but it’s hard to resist the value for money of Crick in a deck running 3 caprice 3 Batty - it might as well be end the run once one of those is in archives, and Batty + destroyers often turns Cortex back on for a while late game.

1 Like

I highly recommend 3 Crick.

I don’t run archives vs RP as Noise unless I have a David, which I don’t play anymore. I think 3 Crick is a little heavy-handed.

Crick is fantastic on centrals and remotes against Noise. Haven’t seen a Noise run Yog.0 in forever, so it’s either a tough parasite, two-card Faust, or sucker/card Faust, all for just one credit. In fact, I typically avoid putting crick on archives against Noise simply because they almost always play D4VID before running it, assuming it’s a crick. NOPE, Ichi :smiley:

7 Likes

If you’re looking for something that costs 2 cards, just play wall o static. I mean, right? It’s not going to fire much anyways, but it can’t be run through. I suppose vs zu you tax a bit more, but crick even only costing 1 credit isn’t a clear winner elsewhere. And it’s going to do nothing for you early game. I just can’t see 3x’ing this card. 2 was often 1 too many since there are better taxers vs faust. If you’re that worried, it may be time to splash for wraparound, or go back to the extreme number of subroutine ice like Komainu/Tsuguri (which I acknowledge are weak to parasite).

I’m not arguing definitively in favor of three cricks, I’m just saying that I find it useful as more than just putting one on archives. I currently run two, and it’s interesting to consider whether I should slot a third.

What breaks Crick for 1 that you’re worried about? Crick does a pretty good Pup impression, makes a reasonable and surprising ice on HQ or R&D too.

1 credit more vs wall of static if zu is the breaker. 3 vs 2. I can see it there; but CyCy is going to be only 1 credit and we know Kate players who do that. Yog.0 of course will reduce to 0.

Your best case scenario is Passport or Zu.
Your worst case is CyCy/Atman/Yog.0
Gordian & Faust are somewhere in the middle of the deal being neither good nor bad for you and basically coming out equivalent for many other types of breakers.

Lotus would mitigate yog.0 & potentially atman. So CyCy is the worst thing possible. But all the same, even if there’s no breaker early game you won’t have anything in the bin so people will just walk through it. Mid->late game its a fine include, but it’ll still do less work than other potential options.

IMO, the worst part of the game for RP is the early game, so more “midgame” ice for me is a lower priority. Almost all of my ice is that kind of ice. I don’t run pup anymore for similar reasons.

You can’t rush using a crick.

I’d actually say it shines early game. Do people not trash your Mental Health Clinics and Jacksons early? When a runner spends three to trash MHC then runs into a Crick on HQ, that’s just backbreaking for them. Having Caprice or Batty trashed on an early central run is pretty common too so it’s rare you won’t have a target.

If they dedicated a CyCy to the server that’s a win in my books. Atman at 3 to deal with a 1 cost ice? That’s another win. Yog is still a concern, I went with 3 Crick 2 Enigma which worked well but would probably cut an Enigma if Yog rose in popularity. Had one opponent try Yog/Sucker on me but locked him out with Crick+CVS/Lotus/Tollbooth.

Sundew 100% trashed; MHC, rarely. Not that that is “good play” but it does often mean that they wouldn’t care about a crick. I also tend to wait to use jackson rather than putting him out to be trashed.

Where are you all you RP players?
Turns out Film Critic didn’t murder RP as we thought,and with D&D,we now got Assassin,Food.I tried to slot Team Sponsorship into a RP rush build (reuse those Sundew or Caprice after score is disgusting) but still prefer the performance of traditional RP glacier.Here’s what I’m playing recently.Not much change,but feels alright.

Perfectionism

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (8)
•2x Global Food Initiative ••
•1x NAPD Contract
•3x Nisei MK II
•2x The Future Perfect

Asset (9)
•3x Jackson Howard •••
•3x Mental Health Clinic
•3x Sundew

Upgrade (6)
•3x Caprice Nisei
•2x Marcus Batty
•1x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (9)
•3x Celebrity Gift
•3x Hedge Fund
•1x Interns
•1x Fast Track
•1x Restructure

Barrier (4)
•3x Eli 1.0 •••
•1x Himitsu-Bako

Code Gate (7)
•2x Crick
•2x Enigma
•1x Hudson 1.0 •
•2x Tollbooth ••••

Sentry (6)
•1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto
•1x Assassin
•1x Ichi 1.0 ••
•3x Pup

EDIT:just find out I forgot 1 cvs and 1 batty,damn

No snatch and grab for the FC?

Originally slot S&G instead of Resturcture,but since less people using FC now I finally cut it down.There are only 2 TFP here.And I think the potential threat that FC brings to RP is not blank their best 5/3 agenda,but in fact,suddenly increase the agenda density in R&D,making R&D Lock a viable strategy against RP.That’s why I prefer 1 Hudson 1.0 in R&D more than S&G,get a 5 strength code gate with 2 sub to shut down potential R&D dig for 1 inf seems a good deal for me.And FC slow them down by 2 clicks (against RP it’s almost 1 turn),I don’t have issue with that.It’s often in the midgame when they put FC on table and start R&D dig,by then you should have set up a decent score server to fast track Nisei.A random access hoping for 2 TFP in that R&D then give me a free Nisei or try to deal with Nisei?It’s your choice.In such a meta I think even Glacier deck needs to go somehow more Rush-ish style,and S&G slows me down,I don’t like that,I don’t like any card prints “not to lose” instead of “try to win”.
But if you really worry about FC issue,slot 1 S&G won’t be an inappropriate choice.I always love to imagine the scene where a bunch of mercenaries (or Contract Killer) point the guns at that her head and yelling “THE FUTURE PERFECT IS LA BEST FILM IN THE HISTORY AND JINTEKI IS PERFECT,SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO TO HELL!!!”,always give me a good laugh.

I could’ve done without that last part.

If I were running RP at Worlds, I’d prob. go with something like this. A bit old skool. F the magic bullets.

Punk is dead

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (8)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (10)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (7)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

5 Likes

I always feel unfortable without tollbooth,I don’t know why…and Swordsman just sucks I think.
Otherwise it’s really old school and I really like ELP,just worry about Noise (and Anarch) matchup,and if I can squeeze some influence I definately want that Ash,I always like emotionless bioroids.
Also your list reminds me there is one agenda called “Philotic Entanglement”,fuck that NAPD,I need to slot this one,thank you sir!

And “Punk is dead” as a deck name for RP?Sounds to me like “Net-Ready Pies”

This has been doing good work for me recently.

Succ demo > restructure.

RP Glacier

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (8)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (8)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

So this deck is very fickle when it comes to scoring it’s agendas in my opinion. It almost always wants to score it’s 4/2s first finishing it off with a 5/3. Adding more 5/3s at the expense of the presence of 4/2s have been quite perplexing for me seeing as I do want to see my 4/2s.

As a general consideration I do feel that the econ package is still good but just isnt as fast or as reliable as Foodcoats not to mention HB’s innate ability being useful when trying to delay rezzing a Campaign.

Games that I lose with RP tend to be after a mulligan and my econ is highly suspect. Sometimes the comeback ceiling of RP pulls through but Parasite goes the distance for my opponents. And of course agenda acccess RNGs. Generally early game you can afford to ice R&D if you have an ice light opener because you have cards like Sundew and Caprice in HQ. Generally you will lose if they access TFP off a naked R&D.

So let’s recap everything: I dont care if my opponent strings together agendas as long as it doesnt involve a TFP.

My suggestion is actually revising the old suite of

1 Chronos Protocol
3 Nisei MK II
2 NAPD Contract
3 The Future Perfect

By cutting 2 TFPs for 2 GFI.

Early game you can actually afford to lose a GFI because you dont care if your opponent scores 2 points. And it is even better for the RP player if your opponent is forced to string together 4 agendas to beat you.

But I can also see the 8 agenda suite working if supplemented by Fast Tracks.