Kate Trade-In through the Rabbit Hole

This is a modified PPVP Kate build that I have been working on, and so far it has performed very well against a wide range of corp archetypes. It has the same strong burst economy as any PPVP Kate build but now, with more tools.

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (21)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Trade-In (Up and Over)

Hardware (11)
1x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) ••
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Rabbit Hole (Core Set)

Resource (5)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Underworld Contact (A Study in Static)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)

Program (4)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) ••••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Key Deck Concepts:

• PPVP burst economy and Underworld Contact for drip economy.
  • Trade-In to find answers against different types of corp decks (Plascrete, Feedback Filter, E3 and R&D Interface).
  • Rabbit Hole as the Trade-In fodder to save clicks for finding and installing them all.
  • Very strong ice breaker suite (D4v1d/E3 for 5+ str ice, Atman for 4 str ice, and Mimic/Snowball/ZU for 3 str ice and under).

All in all, this deck definitely doesn’t have the explosive aggression at the start of the game like a standard PPVP Kate build. However, the ability to pull out answers against corps and the ice breaking power it has after you bring out your ice breaker suite is definitely worth the trade off. Sometimes, you have to play smart by not playing the stuff you don’t need.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

David seems like a waste of influence without Clone Chips. Maybe try Desperado?

A trade in deck without a console? That breaker suite is half complete.

Read the explanation again. D4V3 is there to handle all the big ice, ready to be reset with Scavenge. It can also be found with Test Run, drained, and then found on top of your deck on your next turn.

Why does it need to have a console? If you look, it has all the memory it needs, and trade-in is being used to find the hardware that best suits the match-up. PE? Go get Feedback Filter. Lots of big ICE or bioroids? You’re going to want E3FI. Think meat damage is likely? Get that plascrete on.

I’ve played this a few times, and I love it!

1 Like

I do like D4v1d with E3.

Thanks ElZilcho for answering the previous comments.

I would also like to note that Clone Chip doesn’t work too well with D4v1d in this deck. You don’t really have a good way to put D4v1d into the heap for Clone Chips to bring it back. So instead, I use Scavenge to reset D4v1d and you can also use Same Old Thing to play Scavenge again.

Any time you install a program you can trash any number of programs.

Yes, I get that but once I install all my breakers there are no more programs for me install except SMC. I don’t think it is a good idea to install SMC and uninstall two of my breakers just to clone chip a D4v1d again. Scavenge does the same thing and it is cheaper to play than clone chip.