King of Servers Worlds 2018 - The Bloody End

Welcome back for King of Servers, Worlds 2018, the premier 4 person team tournament that everyone loves, brought to you by the ANRPC and Seedy Location. Come to defeat some of your fave/least fave Runners and Corps, in a new location. The venue for our hacktivist get-together will be at the Fantasy Flight Game Centre (FFG GC). Registration will begin at 10A on Thursday, September 6th, 2018, and the cards will drop at 11A (or as soon as we have everyone registered after 11A).

This is a team tournament. Teams of four can submit their team name and members starting Tuesday, July 3rd, at 11A CST (GMT - 5;). The site for sign-ups will be listed here. There is a space cap of 56 teams. The team must represent all seven main Netrunner factions between their team, with the 8th faction being a Runner ID that is not going to be a duplicate on the team. If you wish to play a minifaction Runner, they can substitute for any Runner faction. Whatever MWL is in effect at the time of the tournament will be legal, as will rotation be in effect.

The teammates will then play together, playing in a 5 round Swiss tournament. Teams will be paired according to Swiss rules, with teams of like total prestige facing off. Players in the matchups will then be seated in order of their individual prestige, so the highest prestige player on a team will play the highest prestige player on the opposing team, and so forth for the remaining three players. Table talk during the games will be fully allowed between teammates and their opponents. This is meant to be more fun and in the spirit of the event than downright piloting and direction. If one feels that there’s too much banter, and that their game is being too hampered and slowed by the table talk, they may call a judge to observe and/or give a warning.

Rounds will be 65 minutes. When time is called, the current turn is finished, and the other player gets one full turn. There will be NO table talk, from teammates nor observers, during the last 5 minutes of the round, to allow for more concentration by those left alive.

Entry fees are $15 per person, to cover a variety of costs, including the venue, prizes (and the artists creating said prize art), streaming, etc. All will receive some participation prizes. Fourth and fifth place will receive their entry fees back, and the top three teams will receive a split of the remainder of the pool.

As always, dice will be for sale for $2 each. We have black, white, and orange this year. In addition, we will have some leftover red PSI fidget spinners for sale for $4 each. The sales of these items help me to recoup costs, and are fun.

The FFG GC has a strict no outside food/drink policy, including food trucks, so we sadly will not be having a repeat visit from the World Street Kitchen, and no bartending from Rob (ROB ROB ROB ROB!). Like any other tournament you attend at the FFG GC, you will either have to eat/drink what they serve, or go off-site.

The relentless @dodgepong will stream. Fan fave @ctz will commentate, as well as Hollis. If any one else wishes to stream, they are welcome to coordinate with the stream team and see if they can jump in for a round.

I am planning on running the tournament on cobr.ai this year. Hopefully, that makes it easier for people to check round pairings and standings. Please, feel free to check pairings, standings, etc. here.

If there are any questions, please post them in this thread. Thanks, and good luck! I can’t wait to give Cyrus’ speech from ‘The Warriors’ one last time.

(flyer image was an homage to this.)

(THREAD IS IN PROGRESS; SUBJECT TO CHANGE; ETC.)

15 Likes

Gimme signups, gimme. Gimme.

1 Like

Doooooooope.

2 Likes

Hype

2 Likes

Shoot, will be flying in on Thursday, but will definitely be showing up to HYPE and pick up some sweet ANRPC swag.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m flying in Thursday (nonrefundable) and won’t be able to attend :frowning:
I’ll probably be there in time to spectate some games though.

1 Like

God I really want to attend… Gotta find time off from work…

1 Like

I have missed this every year previously. If anyone needs a fourth player let me know. Please, please, please… :pray:

1 Like

That’s awesome that ya’ll got clearance to do it at the game center (even if folks can’t have beers during their matches–we all know BeerRunner is BestRunner).

Maybe the 256 of you all can talk FFG in keeping the game going between matches :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can have beer, purchased at the FFG GC.

2 Likes

The registration system will have a free agent list for people needing teams.

3 Likes

To confirm, yes I am indeed streaming this event.

9 Likes

Wish I could be there to drag my team down… but alas you will have to suck without me…

Registration is open, in case you missed it. Almost full. Looking to open registration beyond 56, and create a waitlist, in case teams consolidate or drop. Also, don’t forget to check the free agent list.

Dodgepong confirmed streaming, and CTZ and Hollis will be our commentators.

4 Likes

You mind if I set up a stream as well? I think Dan (CodeMarv) may also be looking to do one too.

Dan would prob do mid tables like last year, and I’d want to set up in the slums.

1 Like

Ofc. No problem. I’d love a mid and lower level stream.

Dope. How much time will we have between rounds, you think?

10-15?

So KOS selling out faster then Worlds… sounds like a good start for Worlds 2019!!!

Thanks @spags

2 Likes

Want to clarify the minifaction substitute policy. Can we go multiple minifacs and not play a main faction, or is the minifaction substitution limited to replacing the main faction duplicate?