Levy-less MaxX, and luck/skill/variance discussion

Power shutdown => gg

1 Like

I would love to do this, but it seems to me that runners would have a huge advantage due to the nature of deckbuilding. Also, corps would still need a minimum viable number of agendas for both players to score without a bunch of games ending in stalemate/corp decking.

Corps would still have the normal minimum deck size in the tournament that I am proposing. As to whether runners would have a huge advantage - running the tournament would hopefully shed some light on that hypothesis.

1 Like

I have to imagine many people immediate think of kill decks in this theoretical tournament, what with runner decks looking like 15 cards or so (according to some).

I imagine there’s several people that bring dedicated kill decks, some that bring normal decks, hoping to tax the runner out (because limited economy), and some that bring something wacky because why not. :smile:

As for runners, I imagine some will bring anti-kill decks of near-normal size, specifically to tech against this thinking.

More self-fulfilling prophecy. :wink:

1 Like

Corp would totally destroy Runners.
Either the 3ps x 3jackson ones, any Cambridge like corp. Mushin Ronin, Ice it.

In terms of degeneration, I’d rather the Harlequin format we spoke about on R4G (ID would change faction, so you could see an Anarch Andromeda vs a Jinteki NEH).

Harlequin actually sounds really fun.

Wait til you face my NBN Medtech :stuck_out_tongue: Tried it once (pre clot, granted) and it was disgusting. xD

Oh, Jesus. Did not think about that. OK, pre-set different factions for each ID. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But why give yourself more chances to draw bad cards in the first place by playing 46?
This is especially mindblowing for me in something like Kate that really, really wants to see Voicepad as soon as possible

No chance - giving a side extra options cannot be bad for them (assuming they are rational)

1 Like

Just a teaser, I’ll confirm tomorow. :slight_smile:

wtf happens : quick econ, setup and agro.

Lost game was a Thousand cuts, won includes 1x β€œThat CI”, 1x Atlas (RQ), 1x Titan (RQ), 1x Custom Biotics.

CI is strong just because people don’t play Strike and SoT anymore.

Mulligan only with matchup or impact in mind, not your setup.
Of course, this dies to many stuff. Then learn2die. No future !

Life on Mars - MKII

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock
70 cards
Influence: 15/15 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​
Tournament legal

Event (35)
3 Day Job
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Emergency Shutdown ●​●​●​●​●​●​
3 Employee Strike ●​●​●​ (unicorn)
6 Exclusive Party ●​●​●​●​●​●​
2 I’ve Had Worse
3 Inject
3 Making an Entrance
3 Mining Accident
1 Retrieval Run
2 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (3)
3 Maw

Program (14)
3 Aghora
3 Black Orchestra
3 MKUltra
3 Paperclip
2 Trope

Resource (18)
3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Bhagat
3 Daily Casts
3 Liberated Account
3 Same Old Thing
3 Xanadu

Previous version of this yolo maxx made 8-8, it used 6 inf as Tapwrm Saccon and lots of Retreival runs instead of Shutdowns / Xanadu.

1 Like

Sensations are very good. Deck is promising.

Killed a Skorpio (classic build : Xanadu Aghorra Baghat and derez saved my ass), a BlueSun (5-0, derez chiyashi, strike => RQ @2c) and CTM. Lost on a Snare to Palana (while leading 6-1) and CTM (I think) on a Snare too.

I’d suggest people liking RegAss MaxX to have a look, this seems to be a new valid archetype, because losing to Snares is showing me piloting like a dumb dude.

Would call that yolo maxx.

-edit-
(later)

1 Like