Living the dream

Today against @Groober I was 6-1 down after a 4 pt makers eye and a 0 point indexing. I installed an unadvanced Posted Bounty. I scored with 2 biotics and double scorched for the win.

5 Likes

With regard to the topic title. We’re living it together, all of us… who here has tested DDoS out of Reina? it is…a thing of terror and beauty.

1 Like

Also ending on zero credits exactly!

1 Like

Losing 20 Clicks after an Apocalypse against Asset-Spam HB xD

1 Like

Lost 6 points off an undefended HQ to a Silhouette player. Then I stuck her with two news teams when the other option was DRT flatline and she conceded.

Playing Harmony Medtech:

Both at 3 Points, TFP with 2 advancements in a remote with eli-> Batty + Batty + Caprice

He has a parasite on eli with 2 counters and has 2 sucker counters.

Runs remote and I fire batty and win the psi game

Runs remote, fire batty, win the psi game

Runs remote, kills eli, win the Caprice game

Last click runs again … “You have been disconnected from OCTGN”

3 Likes

Oh my god, I’d be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad.

Playing as Blue Sun against Adam
IA govt takeover.
AA credit
AAA
My credit advantage at this point was palpable, and I’m definitely playing punitive, no worries about film critic.
Next turn score it. Completely naked.

Next few turns, waiting for ice, draw into oaktown, IA. He has to run it obviously, it’s naked, he scores it, makes a few futile runs elsewhere. My turn, I punitive him twice for 4.

Did not realize safety first is hugely helpful at this point, end the turn with him having no cards in hand, but all his overminds are dead and gone from the hand.

Jackson 2 punitive.

Next turn, draw into both of them.
IA a three pointer.
He runs it.
Next turn, I tell him the end to this awesome story.

Just had the weirdest win ever…

Playing my Titan “1441” Hyper Fast Advance against Andromeda. All Good, I feel.
Mother Goddess on HQ, all is fine.

Andy installs DDoS, fires it, Siphons me. Damn. Down to a credit.
She plays forged Activation Orders. Byebye Mother Goddess. I click for 3 credits.

She Same Old Siphons me again. Down to 0. She builds her board.

I mandatory draw another Mother Goddess, install, credit Oversight AI xD
Feeling Awesome. Apart from being broke, no damage done.

Andy installs Overmind, Dirty Laundry HQ, trashes Mother Goddess due to Oversight. Argh.

She lacks siphons then, I find Hedge Funds and Restructure. She obviously builds a DLR deck. I see all the Wireless Net Pavillons. And DLR. I Oversight a Curtain Wall in a Remote and start advancing Oaktown. She runs HQ, shuts down Curtain Wall. I go broke re-rezzing it. But yay! 2 Points.
I manage to score High-Risk Investment behind Curtain Wall. She Siphons me.
In the meantime, 17 cards were milled from DLR, including 7 agenda points. But there is a Jackson!
I click HRI twice, gaining 54 credits xD Use JHow to draw 2. Have Biotic and Atlas in hand.
Andy does neither run Archives nor HQ and I proceed to win. That was just plain awesome.

6 Likes

Played a game where my opponent scored a 6-point Beale by slow-advancing it (outside of an initial Mushin).

I would like to say I won but unfortunately I had to go to class. at 6 agenda points and a massive economic advantage.

i’ve been messing around with a really weird Haarpsichord deck that throws 1 pointers into archives, tries to score a False Lead early, and slowly over advances Beale behind some Data Ravens to threaten the flatline

i ended up slowly hard advancing Beale up to 11 advancements (with one or two turns in there gaining extra money to keep things threatening)

i ended up winning 7-0 lol

next game, i did the same thing, but this guy had a new plan. he ran archives, saw a bunch of TGTBTs and Award Baits, so i advanced up my Beale a bit more. we’re both at 5 points. he steals a 2 pointer, and it’s game over. if i can score any of my 2 pointers (but i only have Beale and Explode-a-Palooza, so it’s a bit more difficult for me)

i install in the remote, take 2 credits, and pass the turn. he face plants through 3 Data Ravens and commits to access. i forfeit False Lead and rez the Jackson in the remote, shuffling some points back into R&D. he has 2 Plascretes, so i can’t just brute force past them, but he has 2 tags as he can only save one. i play two Traffic Accidents next turn, and he decides to keep his hand and lose a Plascrete.
noting the mistake, i bait another run. he rushes in, fully planning on removing all his tags

he scores a TGTBT, he’s up to 6, i’m at 4, but now he has 4 tags and only 3 clicks left.

removes three, passes turn, triple scorch for the win lol

5 Likes

Turing over remote and HQ. Against Faust.
The remote run busted by not running first click, though he broke a 6 str IQ (thanks cybernetics court!), then preparation comes for the failed legwork. Get a decent decoder kids.

Opponent is on 8 credits. I run archives, he rezzes two DRTs. He’s basically broke, and instead of near-flatlining, I install Hades Shard.

2 Likes

Did he have a news team in there or something? TGTBT?

With no iced remotes, I Beta Test into…two agendas, and a Jackson…and then install Jackson with Team Sponsorship!

4 Likes

TGTBT, I assume. I had seen one earlier, and it seemed like a NEARPAD deck.

The most legendary score area.

I had 0 points because of 3 News teams. He scores the 3rd Astro after I FIS. He has been chucking cards to archives all game to hold sea source + scorches in case i blow through ravens or get at all low on money (which was close all game).

Click 1 archives finding 4 points.
Click 2 Sneakdoor for Breaking News
Click 3 Sneakdoor (and my last card to faust) for Beale

FIS is amazing.

4 Likes

nvm oops

This was a fun one.

2 Likes

That Human First though…

1 Like

Living the dream: piloted my Haarpischord combo deck against an opponent who has been very diligent about trashing my Jacksons and just Fausted into archives to go up to 5 points. The only out I have left in the deck is the one copy of Scorched Earth. I play a blind hail-mary Accelerated Diagnostics and hit it on the third card down.

Losing the dream: playing the same deck against a DLR mill deck. I was feeling pretty proud of myself when I managed to score a Hades Fragment by utilizing a naturally empty R&D to substitute for the Power Shutdown portion of the combo. Then my opponent installs a Turntable and pops Hades Shard :frowning:

7 Likes