Looking for feedback: A new format? - 1.1.1.1

On kill decks: I have been playing a onesie kill deck as well but without having a mid season it’s hard to use traffic and without the third scorch it is actually super hard to land the kill. I think there is some balance there. I mean plenty of people will grab a crash space or a plascreet as their one set, but I think kill is not exactly reliable.

On Fast advance: Astro is still only one of in onesie so I think Classic nbn fast advance isn’t really “on” if you will. HB FA is probably good, but I think you can’t import as much with the limited sets to make it as powerful. I’m not sure that in general it favors corps TBH (although I have done well with corps). A friend of mine did build a pretty good prepaid Kate and I really think that’s a way bigger deal in the not fun department than kill or FA

1 Like

Lots of valid points being raised here.

In our testing and tournaments so far, the “lack” of free Jackson and/or Plascrete hasn’t been an issue yet. Especially for Plascrete, selecting a pack with a solution for damage (Guru Davinder comes to mind) is a fine replacement. Decoy and Crash Space are available to all, as they’re in the core set. Same thing goes for Jackson to a lesser extent. Shannon Claire is a bit clunky, but she works partly as a Jackson replacement in a pinch. And of course there is still the option of selecting Jackson or Plascrete as your card of choice.

TLDR: No big issues so far, but interested in hearing other experiences.

1 Like

Alsciende is some kind of saint:

Or to just drop the word here: Ladies & gentlemen, we have 1.1.1.1 support in NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

AWESOME. I’ve been using the NDB alt format checker chrome plugin that somebody mentioned on reddit recently. It’s quite good but the built-in support from nrdb is even better (if for no other reason than for substantially increasing the visibility of the format)

1 Like

Awesome as well. That was coded by one of our local players. He doesn’t have an account here, so can’t shout him out, but he’s awesome. One of the two people behind http://www.semicoop.com as well. Cool folk who do cool stuff.

Also; so much agreement on the visibility point. It was one of the main reasons I asked Alsciende if this was possible.

1 Like

So our tournament was a little small, but a ton of fun. We had 5 players total and played 4 rounds, which meant that 2nd seed going into the final round got a bye, which was a little strange, but we wanted 4 rounds.

I took an RP Grind deck with Caprice and NAPD Contracts, and a core breaker Kate with ProCo. Both the runner timed wins were mine, due to long corp games.

Overall I would say that this format feels pretty good, but Clone Chip + Parasite/Datasucker was in everyone’s deck.

Here are some stats from our humble little tournament:

2 Likes

What do you guys think about Adam and Find the Truth in 1.1.1.1? Should the player use the pack slot or the 3-of card slot for Find the Truth, or should it be considered “part” of the ID or something?

(Or does Adam have to take D&D for the directives in the first place.)

Personal opinion: Directives aren’t a “part” of Adam. He has to choose D&D anyhow to get access to the rest of his cardpool, next to the directives. So personally I’d reckon that Find the Truth takes his 3-of card slot. The flexibility that choosing your directives after seeing your opponents’ ID offers makes up for a lot of the power loss. Also; some Runners just are hard to run within the format (Geist comes to mind). Btw, working on a 1.1.1.1 primer, so this “issue” might up in there as well. Thanks for bringing it up.

3 Likes

I built a 1.1.1.1 Adam deck, and even with D&D I had trouble filling the deck. He needs those influence-free cards to fill up a good stuff deck. I honestly can’t conceive of an Adam deck without D&D, even if you gave him Directives for free. And spending your datapack or singleton on FTT seems like a fair cost. It’s a really good card.

1 Like

I would think treating directives like IDs themselves would be a good rule of thumb. It breaks the logic somewhat but the big problem in net runner isn’t Adam.

For those living along the I-5 corridor in the Western United States (or travelling to Portland, Oregon that weekend), we are going to run the first “Onesie” tournament here! A little closer than Holland for me…

I have a full post in the tournament section:
[Portland, OR] 1.1.1.1. Tournament Oct 29, 2016 @ The Portland Game Store

1 Like

@Jakuza,

Are the 2015 World Championship decks considered a “data pack” for the purposes of the 1.1.1.1. format? My inclination is no.

Thanks.

No the championship decks are not included

No, they don’t count as a single datapack. Your inclination is right :slight_smile:

The original set symbol and number still present on the cards is helpful in this regard.

This might be something to add to the info sheet for clarification purposes. Noted.

1 Like

The no MWL part seems to make some decks that got seriously nerfed by the list quite good (definitely PPVP Kate and FaustCakes Anarch on the runner side, maybe Foodcoats and/or Butchershop on corp?). I’d go as far as to say that the lists are somewhat close to regular decks (using MWL, but no other restrictions) in power level. Having 10+ more influence is a big deal and you generally don’t have to be playing many bad cards at all. You don’t get all the silver bullets, but you do get more of the most powerful stuff in the game.

I feel like the decks are powerful enough to compete and can very well succeed if the opposition is not playing silver bullets that counter your deck, which is definitely easier since for a 1.1.1.1 deck you can’t have answers to everything, realistically. As an example, a 1.1.1.1 Anarch build could get locked out by Lotus Field with no answer, since that card is rarely included in 1.1.1.1 corp builds, but is a splash in many regular corps. What are other people’s thoughts on the power level of 1.1.1.1 decks vs regular builds?

The lack of MWL seems to bring the issue of “Parasite for days” because all shapers and anarchs can easily have 3 Parasites and 3 Clones for 6 inf either way… and Levy is in the same deluxe as CC to boot. That’s a bit disgusting IMO.

1 Like

Parasites are far more present than in the usual meta indeed. So far in our local meta though it hasn’t turned out to be a problem so far.

Is PPVP Kate really as strong? Neither pack that PPVP or Lucky Find (or Deuces Wild) are in is very strong otherwise, so it seems a waste to use a pack pick on either of those. You also lose out on Quality Time, so the draw is slightly less good than it might otherwise be.

You’re correct that those three data packs are quite bad otherwise. You will be filthy rich though and you can put in quite efficient breakers + Parasites and Clone Chips. I’m not saying it’s the best shaper deck you can build, but the shell is powerful for sure.

We hosted a 1.1.1.1 tournament recently and I wanted to necro this thread to add a few observations.

First of all, we informally banned Sifr. Meaning that, the core group of people who show up to most tournaments agreed to not play it, we stated the agreement in a few places, but would’ve been OK with someone showing up & playing it if they didn’t know beforehand. I think this is pretty much necessary due to the lack of MWL; ICE is useless in a meta where Clone Chips, Parasites, & Sifr are ubiquitous and you can’t even easily slot the mediocre counter tech available (e.g. Ark Lockdown, Lotus Field).

Secondly, a few people who used to play frequently but were behind on packs showed up. I’d call this a massive success for the format. It’s exactly what we’d hoped would happen. Obviously, there’s potential if we can get people back in!

Lastly, our next discussed format tweak was disallowing Blood Money as a pack, though you can still take your one card from it. It wasn’t the only choice but it was pretty popular and the runner simply receives too many good cards for too little effort: Temujin, Paperclip, Rumor Mill, & Beth are power cards for every faction. I thought Rumor Mill in particular was problematic because onesies RP would be a strong, fair glacier deck (you get Jackson, Celeb Gift, & Bako in your pack, Caprice is your one-of) but it’s utterly unplayable in a meta that’s full of Same Old Thing and Rumor Mill. RM is unlikely to be someone’s one-of, it’s just collateral damage from people wanting Temujin. All this said, the winning runner deck didn’t use Blood Money.

Here’s the ABR page for those curious on the meta: AlwaysBeRunning.Net - Tournaments - Decklists - Netrunner

It’s noticeable that the factions with the strongest big boxes (NBN with Data & Destiny, Shaper with Creation & Control) were popular. Super fun! I’d recommend people give 1.1.1.1 a try if they haven’t yet.

3 Likes