Mumbad Cycle

You can’t just drop a decklist with Foxfire and not explain why you included it.

5 Likes

Works with Aryabhata tech and doesn’t need a target? That’s my guess.

Also link is kinda annoying if you’re going for many traces. Foxfire takes care of most of those.

So Salsette is now in stores, two packs to go and still no info about what’s coming next, ugh, I sure hope this doesn’t mean a huge delay for the upcoming stuff.

1 Like

I am hoping that they have just decided to get announcement to release in a more sensible place (e.g. two to three months). This might be related to the general tightening of logistics (e.g. international street dates). If so, we should hear something between now and the final pack and still not have a huge delay between releases.

I hope.

4 Likes

Looks like NRDB is now allowing decks with Salsette Islands cards in them but it won’t let me publish my Salem’s Hospitality deck because it thinks it uses too much influence

[quote=“Dragar, post:2566, topic:4340, full:true”]… and still not have a huge delay between releases.
[/quote]

Lol.

But really this is the most reasonable and likely scenario. This probably unfortunately means it’s not going to happen given that we are dealing with FFG.

2 Likes

You know, I thought about it not needing a target, but that might not be true with the idea that you can only use a card if it changes the board state. But yeah, maybe I just want to trace for shits and giggles, and it happens to produce a 6 credit swing. I mean, there’s only one copy of it to the three Aryabhatas, so I’d imagine that’s when it would go off. If you’re not whizzard, this deck is pretty awful to keep up with, I even beat sec testing desperado builds. Cause you know, criminal

I’m checking with Jake about this because as far as I can tell a Trace is all you need to change the board state. The trace can fail, for instance, and nothing would happen. I’m pretty sure you can do this. In any case, a friend of mine build a deck very much like this one and it was crazy once he got going, but it would have taken him another 20 minutes to score out. :wink:

EDIT: just verified that you can, in fact, play Foxfire without a Link on the table. A Trace is considered enough to change the board state.

3 Likes

That’s what the Astros are for silly, sometimes your weird engine produces a scoring window, and sometimes you want your opponent to play more recklessly, to get him into low credits, to take advantage of reality threedee. I can’t stress how important that is to the strategy, it’s one of the reasons team sponsorship is in the deck, so that you can trigger it when there’s more Aryabhata on the board.

In before play it in spark

1 Like

Are Cobra and Rototurret worth playing in the same deck? In rush? Is the one strength on Cobra doing enough? While we’re on snakes, why can Mongoose take care of Cobra and Mamba, but not Viper? If one tinkers a Viper and breaks it with a Mongoose please take a picture or screenshot.

2 Likes

Wikipedia says:

“Although mongooses readily attack snakes, they have extreme difficulty in combatting vipers and constrictors. Cobras and other elapids lose fighting energy through their intense bluff, and will end up easy to overpower. Constrictors and vipers, however, attack faster and more powerfully, so the mongoose would end up losing.[citation needed]”

14 Likes

Well, Uroboros would eat that guy but it does not.

What do you think will be the theme for the next cycle? I am thinking Africa could be fun, According to lore, this is one of the planned places for a second space elevator, so Weyland could be especially ruthless here.

I’d play Assassin & Cobra in a CP rush deck. No barriers & recursive Markus Batty.
Deck here

First tests are mkay. T2/T2.5 probably.

I always thought it was mongeese.

1 Like

Fucking. Genius. That makes perfect sense. Now we just need something to go with gingerbread, cause why not?

1 Like

Mongoids.

So, Sports Hopper offers quite a bit of utility, but I was wondering how it would stack up as multipurpose card draw for Criminals. Crims hurt for draw more than almost anything else, and most of their options have serious drawbacks. A click and 3 creds for a Diesel effect seems expensive, but compared to other criminal draw options…

vs Fisk Investment Seminar: FIS saves you 3 credits, but also helps the Corp more than you more often than not. Also must use first click is limiting.

vs Earthrise Hotel: For 1 cred more you get twice the amount of cards, but spread over 3 turns, and nothing the turn you play it. I think in a Career Fair deck, Earthrise is a clear winner, but otherwise, I’m not sure. Sometimes you just need 3 cards now.

vs Drug Dealer: same click and cred cost to card ratio, only spread out evenly over 3 turns. But then you can’t turn it off, and you need to recoup your credit losses every single turn or go broke. Desp/SecTest is the best way to fund DD, but if the Corp ices up all the servers…you are a sad sad drug addict.

vs Express Delivery: sometimes you really just need that one card, and Express Delivery saves some credits. But more often than not I think I’d rather pay a few more creds and have more options.

vs importing draw: lol (I mean, Quality Time isn’t a terrible option, but influence is so tight in my Crim decks as it is, especially if you want to run Desperado. Which of course you do.)

So, doesn’t really look that bad right? Plus, Scorch protection and extra link can be pretty useful in a variety of matchups. Geist loves this already. But would anyone consider this as a 2-3 of for card draw purposes?

Edit: I forgot Masanori. With Security Testing builds, there is a lot of synergy there. But in some matchup he is a huge liability. Maybe a mixture of Masanori and Sports Hopper?

Clicking to draw cards is more efficient than sports hopper

2 Likes