Mumbad Cycle

I really think it’s a card for Nero, and that we’ll finally get the jack out/expose criminal deck we’ve all wanted for a long time

You know what else does this and a lot of other things?

Yog.

2 Likes

That card is kind of a Motivation to me.

Gots its uses, sure, now what to remove, mmm… Nothing.

I’m quite sure it’s a 2-part card, because it’s so niche…

There are more than enough other niche cards to make me think it’s more likely a loner oddball than part of a combo. Maybe it’ll be part of a combo a year from now, but I’m very doubtful it’ll happen right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe not this year, you’re right. But, even thinking with my super-duper Johnny brain, I can’t find yet an honest use for this, beside being some cheap fast-food for Apex (but 1 inf is still meh vs dlr).

Ok, ok, get this.

You pick yourself a nice 1 link Criminal. Grab some Andy or a can of Geist.

Slot in some Reflections for dat 2 link and UWC.

Now we think like @higgs_bozo, and grab some Off Campus Apartments, Film Critics, and 2x Source. And our other in faction criminal dudes like Fall Guy and Political Operative. Now we got the draw.

Then we get crazy, and run Au Revoir and Snitch and Turning Wheel. So every time we jack out of a central, we expose a card from HQ (Reflection effect), expose ICE, get 2-3 creds, and gain a TW counter. All while maintaining typical Criminal threats like Inside Job and Siphon.

Add in some cloud breakers for Geist or Faust (or both, we have 5 MU) and we got a deck of the future.

3 Likes

News Hound might see more play than some of your list atm. Markus 1.0 is going to be the influence budgetted version of Eli and is attractive for RP. And the nifty thing about using it to counter Markus is that once you feel like the face check phase of the game is over, you can click through the ETR and trash street magic to get through later and save plenty of credits.

Eh, I really don’t think Markus is any more worth is than it used to be for RP. The RPs I encounter these days are still playing an Eli or two, they’re just not on NAPD any more.

1 Like

You can put Jak Sinclair in there for clickless Turning Wheel counters. :smiley:

Also, I think, per the Datasucker ruling, that you get your Au Revoir bucks?

Why wouldn’t you? It just requires you jacking out, and you’re making a run. There’s nothing at all to do with clicks involved there.

Not sure the influence would work out, but even so, there’s no reason it wouldn’t work.

I think it’s more of whether it constitutes “use” to get credits from it, since Jak keeps you from using programs. Since it’s a mandatory trigger, I’m pretty sure it’s not an instance of use.

1 Like

The “you can’t use programs” line on Jak.

Riiight. Yeah, sorry, just didn’t think of that as the issue because it’s not being used, it’s just a thing that happens. As you noted, the datasucker ruling makes that pretty clearly work.

1 Like

Does anyone think Nero is going to be at all useful? Maybe if jacking-out effects get more potent or if more people start running scary sentries.

I think he’s a good meta call as is. Free facechecking is really strong, and everyone loves link.

2 Likes

Is it only me who think that you can install RDI or HQI,run very early without faerie or mimic installed and corps have to choose to either rez their once scary sentry (Architect,Cortex Lock and etc) and turn them into a blank psuedo-ETR or just let you in for some free early access is a very powerful ability?Hell,you don’t need Au Revoir combo jank deck,Nero is a decent Criminal with decent early ability and 1 link,you don’t need special deck building around him and he’ll be fine,it’s just like Adam’s ABR and NAT,without side effect and not mandatory,what’s not to love?And its flavor represents Criminal indeed.

3 Likes

I’m really excited to run with Nero. I’m planning to commit to him for awhile once he is out. He seems like a better Silhouette, with the ability to special order exactly what you need very quickly

(Not saying he’s gonna be tier 1)

1 Like

Nero looks fun. Au Revoir/Reflections/Turning Wheel cheese aside, the ability to just facecheck things heavily is nice. I can really see Criminal appreciating his presence in the future.

I guess it’s just that I usually run protected servers without breakers anyway! Not having to worry about Komainu/Cortex Lock/Katana/Architect and the occasional cheeky Swordsman in Faust builds will be nice but you can do the same thing with Faeries and there’s some real good Crim identities already.

5 Likes

Imaging you can save precious faeries from facecheck some cheap sentry like damn Architect or Cortex Lock,but instead using them on some big sentries in some important desperado-ish big run…

And if you look at popular glacier deck that Criminal usually have trouble dealing with like foodcoat,they got a load damn big sentries don’t they?