Mumbad Cycle

Well I mean technically his statement is correct the way it’s correct for any multiaccess card right? If you use RDI, you need fewer successful runs to win. If you use HQI, you need fewer successful runs to win. If you use Maker’s eye, you need fewer total succesful runs… to get your average 18 random access… and probably win.

I read it as saying that Turning Wheel has antisynergy with “successful run” effects. Looking back, I think your interpretation is more likely.

Am I the only one that thinks Au Revoir won’t really be any better in Nero then it would be with any other Criminal ID? To really leverage it with his ability, the Corp has to have a rez’d Sentry as the outermost Ice in a server, which just seems too conditional. And if you’re gonna run Snitch with it, then why not just use Andy so you can find the combo pieces faster?

To me, the point of his ability is that you can more or less run with impunity from the very first turn, Grail Ice aside. Being able to defang Sentries on facecheck is pretty damn strong in my book. You can pressure NEH from the get-go without fear of facechecking an Architect. You can facecheck against Jinteki without a Mimic installed. This ID is all about pressuring the Corp as early as possible. It forces the Corp to decide if they want to spend the credits to rez a Sentry that they know won’t punish you, or just let you in.

8 Likes

I guess the big question which only playtesting will tell is “Is that actually better than Andy/Gabe/Leela”

1 Like

he doesn’t need some clunky AI to start running straight away.

Slight issue is that there’s a card that already does that for crim for 0 cost of which there’s 3 in every crim deck. So the question could be expanded to: “is that actually better than Andy with 3x faerie in her deck”

He can get away without spending influence on Mimic while Andy probably can’t. Using Faeries when you need them for an access rather than when corp dictates on probing runs is certainly good value. MWL list is defiantly a nerf to him though because the best reason to run him is to stop Architect from ever firing.

I think Au Revoir will always be jank, by its nature. It rewards you for not accessing cards.

6 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t phrase that very well :stuck_out_tongue: I’m trying to get at the fact you can build up a load of tokens of Turning Wheel, then take a large burst access. To see ten cards in RnD you need to run successfully ten times (or ten - the number of RDIs you have installed), and that needs to be over ten turns. If you’re using just runs to charge up a Wheel you can be gaining money and rig build, then fire them all at once. One ‘successful’ run needed, but then 20 clicks to build up the counters.

You are possibly right - the big enabler of a Criminal Au Revoir deck in my opinion is Reflection (cheap mem and a jack out trigger!) and the permanent Cloudbreakers (giving you the memory to build AU/Snitch in criminal without dicking about).

It may very well be that said module works better in another 1-link criminal - Andy, Geist, and Iain all have positives (though Iain lacks influence for program tutoring)

Yeah, Nero only gives you one Au Revoir run per turn, so you still need Snitch. It’s not bad (because Nero let’s you get something out of Au Revoir even if you don’t have Snitch yet), but he’s not the only candidate.

Andy should be the top candidate to set up a combo.

The truest jank masterpiece will be the inevitable 20 card demolition run with the turning wheel

4 Likes

Turning Wheel + Medium new meta

1 Like

And the rest!

http://imgur.com/a/L2SAC

17 Likes

Initial thoughts:

High Stakes Job is like Dirty Laundry 4,5,6. It’s a bit conditional. It has good synergy with Ken, and most other Criminals will probably look carefully at this card. Its cost may render it unplayable. It may also be bonkers good.

Dedicated Ceremony is probably unplayable in competitive decks right now. Thanks FFG, Weyland needed another useless operation! It’s not even a Transaction. Argh.

Museum of History is awful, though as @Kesterer pointed out to us elsewhere, it’s probably a must-trash to stop the game going to time due to the shuffling.

The Shaper cards are interesting, and the ID might actaully be playable. Run Code Siphon, Account Siphon, and you crush a ton of NBN ice by default. Not bad. The console I’m less keen on. Artist Colony is a steep price of a tutor (even a universal one).

3 Likes

Dedicated Ceremony looks pretty awesome actually. Ronin, Contract Killer, GRNDL Refinery, Reversed Accounts, Exposé…

Also Dedicated Ceremony-Back Channels gives a neat recovery option from one credit if needed.

I might have to swallow my pride and build a dirty green Shaper deck with Panchatantra, just to glory in a Gingersaurus multi-Panchatantra rig and ride roughshod over the servers of everyone who ever laughed when I installed Gingerbread (and then asked: “Can I just read that to remind myself what exactly it does again?”).

10 Likes

Face up, though.

I can see it as a conditional Restructure with better tempo. I think it’s okay, but I don’t see any of those cards being great. So I don’t think an okay combo with an okay other card producing anything special. Install, Ceremony, Click is a two card combo with RA to train 12 credits from the runner, or net you 11 credits with GRNDL, I guess.

Yeah, you rez them when you use them. So rez, Dedicated Ceremony, fire! You can always advance them facedown normally until that point too, or if you want to bait a run with them instead.

2 Likes

Let’s get it out in the open so that people can get it out of their system: Heritage Committee + Big ICE + Mutate. It’s not gonna be tier one, but it’ll be fun.as hell. :grinning:

16 Likes

Import it into HB and turn a quandry into a Wotan!

1 Like

Haha well played FFG - on trolling us that Panchatantra was like Paintbrush :). The actual version is interesting but really hard to make work.

The new shaper console is interesting just as a cheaper way to get memory with an non-irrelevant ability. The ID is interesting - it’s a good thing Criminal doesn’t need any of that colour pie.

Muesuem of Industrial Genomic History? The grinder decks rather than the kill decks are probably interested.

I think artist colony might be really good but you need to build your whole deck around. Might be good in Adam to turn those early steals into breakers and get that ability speed huge Overmind.

1 Like