Mushin terror decks

Let’s gather and discuss our Mushin-Terror deck-lists.

At the moment I am tinkering with this:

CI Mushin Terror

ID = Cerebral Imaging: Infinite Frontiers (Creation and Control) x1

Agendas: (8)

• Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus) x3
  • Priority Requisition (Core) x3
  • Eden Fragment (The Spaces Between) x1
  • Hades Fragment (Up and Over)x1

Assets: (6)

• Project Junebug (Core) x3
  • Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) x3

Operations: (23)

• Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing) x1
  • Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) x3
  • Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing) x3
  • Hedge Fund (Core) x3
  • Restructure (Second Thoughts) x2
  • Archived Memories (Core) x3
  • Reclamation Order (Double Time) x2
  • Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors) x3
  • Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit) x3

ICE: (12)

• NEXT Silver (Upstalk) x3
  • Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control) x2
  • NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves) x3
  • Fenris (True Colors) x2
  • Ichi 1.0 (Core) x1
  • Mother Goddess (Upstalk) x1

for a total of 49 cards and 15 influence.

The piloting is straightforward, so I won’t discuss it here. I like Mushin No Shin in CI because the HB sudden economy lets you find potential Mushin targets while generating credits and because Cerebral Overwriter, Archived Memories and Reclamation Order are all in faction.

I believe that the upcoming HB identity will be great for this kind of archetype, I am really looking forward to playing it.

Bullet-point thoughts:

• I like the interplay between the traps and the Punitives - if they run and hit an agenda, they could probably still die.
  • But your 3/2s dilute that,
  • The classic HB mushin terror play is asking the runner “cerebral or mandatory upgrades?”. But if you take that on you’ll have to dilute your agendas even more and weaken (and then hopefully replace) the punitive threat.
  • One problem with decks that rely on 3x of a key card is finding copies 2 and 3. I like Project Vitruvius for that and similarly, having a 3-counter Atlas is pretty great in weyland.

Thanks for your bullet-point thoughts.
Generally the deck sits on some comfortable amount of credits so, if the runner liberates a 3 point Agenda I generally retaliate with two Punitive Counterstike (it is sufficient to have one + Archived Memories in hand).
Yes, my Project Vitruvius make Punitive Counterstrike less efficient however, as you correctly figured out, I chose this agenda over the others because its ability let’s me recycle Mushin No Shin and Punitive Counterstrike.

As a side note, I intended this thread to gather all lists based on abusing Mushin No Shin, independently of the corp ID chosen.

I’m presuming you want at least semi-tested ones?

Have you considered psychic field?

Also shell Corp?

Semi-tested would be better but I don’t mind reading through well reasoned lists :wink:

Shell Corp is a good call, it might actually replace Restructure. Once placed on a well-advance Cerebral or Junebug it can be safely trashed only by Singularity, right?

Psychic field I don’t know, it seems to me less reliable than Junebug. I guess the latter will be better until people take the habit of fetching a Deus Ex before running something against this deck. Probably I would choose PF over JB if I was playing Jinteki.

One card I’d like to slot in is Errand Boy: it seems quite a good choice within CI but I wouldn’t dare to cut out more than one Junebug.

Psychic is definitely less reliable. However, junebug trashes with application and so cannot defend a shell corp. People will often not trash a psychic so then you drop a shell corp making them run it 2x.
If you drop self destruct in your deck …you have a trace for dmg.

What are people’s thoughts on Ryon Knight in this archetype? I’m having trouble fitting all the cards I want into a 44 card Cybernetics Division variant of this deck.

I guess I’d play that ID a bit differently, perhaps swapping the counterstrikes with neural EMPs. I’d also reconfigure the ICE to include more Brain Damage subroutines. Regarding RK I have no idea ATM, feel free to post a list to give us a better idea of what you’d like to build!

This is an untested quick mockup of what I’m thinking about:

Cybernetics Division

Cybernetics Division: Humanity Upgraded (Chrome City)

Agenda (8)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (9)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (2)

Sentry (5)

Other (2)

• 2x Howler (Creation and Control)

10 influence spent (max 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck buil on NetrunnerDB.

Still needs a lot of work though, almost certainly too little ice.

Some thoughts on your list:

• I guess ELP and Ruhr Valley are there because of Ryon Knight (as a bonus architect lets you recover trashed valleys, although you’ll have to pay 6 credits to get them online again). The idea is nice but If the runner starts a run on his/her 1st click the ‘combo’ won’t work, right?
  • there is no way to quickly recycle MNM (AM or RO)
  • As you have some unallocated influence slots, I’d choose GRNDL refinery over tommy boy
  • Have you considered Awakening Center? Janus (especially if you are willing to have more copies of it) and Heimdall 2.0 might benefit from it.
  • Biotics + Self-Destruct Chip seems like a funny play that has potential in this deck
  • After hitting Howler I guess that the runner will jack-out, so I don’t think it will be very effective but I might simply be wrong on this.

I’m worried Ruhr is too expensive, might cut and just get Ryon off from runners clicking through Eli, or running late.

I wanted some MNS recursion, but the deck has so few slots spare.

I’m not convinced by Thomas Haas, he doesn’t work with MNS very well, and like you say, could be replaced with GRNDL easily. I might just cut it and run Junebug in that slot though.

Re. Awakening Centre, I’ve seen it in other decks and it just seems pretty click-inefficient in the long run.

Howler was supposed to be used with Chum, which I seem to have forgotten to put in and am now worried that it won’t fit.

Going to proxy tonight for testing if I get time.

Yes, Ruhr is too expensive and Archived Memories might take the slot. Another thing I was considering is Gyri Labirinth but I am afraid it is inefficient in this deck too.

Okay, I proxied and tested this list last night:

Cybernetics Division

Cybernetics Division: Humanity Upgraded (Chrome City)

Agenda (8)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (12)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)

I won all my games, but I do feel that the novelty of Ryon Knight helped that somewhat! Nevertheless, he is very good (I’d like to add another), as is Ronin/Punitive (I’d rather have more Ronin but the influence is tight).

Changes I’m making are:

-1 Eve, -1 Hedge Fund
+2 Enigma

I hate cutting economy but I need ICE so so badly.

-1 Jackson +1 Junebug

Jackson is hard to use with little ice and lower hand size, I originially put him in mostly to deal with agenda-dense hands but there’s just not room in the deck for enough to make that viable. Junebugs are okay, mostly just bait for the shell game. I might take two out along with the punitive for another Ronin, freeing up some space for economy/ICE again. Maybe Errand Boy??

Yeah, ronins are good. Once they see them they have to run the advanced stuff. If you remove the Junebugs I’d recommend to bring the overwriters to 3. How is ELP performing? Is it worth the slot in this deck?

It’s definitely worth it if you’re trying to trigger Ryon Knight. Other than that, not sure. I mean, it’s tough because you need to be able to protect R&D otherwise it’s not gonna stick around long.