My humble thoughts on Quetzal, and why I don't think she will be very good(Please prove me wrong)

If your’e running tagged, daily casts is down in value, and liberated is a bit more cumbersome, but okay if you don’t mind losing 4 off it, or using a whole turn with josh b for it. Its like 2 sets of day jobs then, which is fair, since you have keyhole, and big haymaker events like wanton, rather than static pressure akin to criminal. I do think e3 is better though.

Could be draw light too.

Yea E3 is probably the better call like 95% of the time. Gonna be taking notes of how much I use the hook in a spot I couldnt use e3 in, and how often I wish it was an e3 instead.

Daily Casts if Im tagged is more of a thing to play if the corp is low, and trashing it is an opportunity cost. Thats why the only tag devices are Siphon and Josh… and Josh I can wait on if I got some things I wanna roll through.

Im cool with trading my resources for the corps click+$2 if they are low, but I see the issue. Dunno what I would pick instead if it ends up being that Daily is too vunerable.

Dirty laundry springs to mind, get the run and roughly the same amount of money. I generally prefer money now to ‘more efficient’ though. You could also combine queen’s gambit and maybe 1 of john M to help improve draw, like -3 DC +2 queens gambit +1 john mas. It depends on how good you are at seeing through the backs of your opponent’s cards though…

The problem with Queens, which I used to use a lot and didnt whiff on it too often, is that theres some match ups you will just never get to do it on. It ends up being 6 gain for 2 clicks… so its same as a Daily in terms of gain per click (DC might be slightly ahead, since its 5 for 1, then you 1 for 1 can get the same 6 for 2)

Cool if you Queens for the money to Singularity that same remote, but thats about it.

DL if I make a useful run isnt bad… but If im eater-ing… odds are a DL run isnt that useful.

Thats the spot, its like… hard choices. I might lean to Armitage before Daily, since I can burn the bulk off in a turn (With Josh on board, install and use x 4… 5 clicks and 1 dollar to gain 8, with 4 more your way next turn… its weird, but not awful?)

I hate the Anarch economy math. ~_~

It also comes down to when you need the credits; Daily Casts might be a 5 for 1, but that’s over the course of 4 turns. Gambit gives you 6 for 2 immediately. It just depends on whether or not you need the credits right away, and/or you can get in the server somehow if you think you’ve played it on an agenda.

I’m trying to figure out if Cuj.0 is worth it over Mimic; when I forked a sentry I just used Eater if it was larger than Mimic, since I generally didn’t care about accessing 80% of the time. It gives you more reach if you do want to access eventually, but then you have the problem of it being limited use.

Also, that deck looks like it would run into the same issue I had; Quandary is very annoying. Using Knight on it probably makes you sad, and if you don’t have it out, you’re forced to use Eater.

Yes, I know you can’t access the card; I meant for Singularity.

Im not sure, but thats why I’m trying it out about Cuj0. Ill just roll though a list of common sentries and see. The other bit is while Cuj0 is limited, it breaks more, so I might not wanna use Eater if Im going for the access.

Maybe 1 of each?

I’ve been using hooks much the wauyyou have. Pass archer komainu swordsmen for cheap when you are sporting large hands and Ai breakers

I actually think cuj.0 is fine, especially if you expect to run into a good deal of weyland, who now has advanced changelings to go with their archers, making mimic a bit of a pain. If you’re not already running eater and forked, but are running recursion + datasuckers, cuj.0 is a pretty damn fair change.

When Mimic and D4V1D are in faction there’s very little reason to play Cuj.0.

4 Likes

shrug Just depends on what you want to spend your d4v1ds on, with the new weyland big ice, it being an answer to asteroid belt/advanced firewalls, orions, and the new big code gates, d4v1d can become a scarcity. Using it alone to break big sentries is a bit of a liability. That said, datasucker exists, so meh.

1 Like

Been TREMENDOUSLY impressed with the Grapple Hooks over the E3’s so far. Worth trying out… since its not only a way out of Swordsman, its a safety net vs Jinteki in the early game.

I havn’t tried the Grappling Hooks, but I am using E3. I’ve had some success playing around this weekend with Cujo and uninstall. It is really nice to have and flexible using on either used up D4v1ds or Cujos. Plus I could recur them with SOT or Deja Vus.