Nationals & Worlds Roll Call

Doing some cast stuff from the Con?

Hoping to do some video interviews with people. Maybe record a few games.

I think/hope I’ll be going to Worlds and not to Nationals. On another note, does anyone know what time the weekly meetup in Milwaukee is?

Its hubs all the way down right now. Just criminal and yellow everywhere up top. Surprise! The stale metagame is just as stale as you thought it was

5 Likes

Alas my ticketing arrangements fell through literally at the last moment and I have a pretty major work thing that prevented me from playing anything other than today, so the meta is bereft of my Whizzard / non-traditional-Glacier JRP presence :).

1 Like

Tons of Yellow, sure, my final games of the day, at Table 2, were my Andy/RP v. Tim Bunn’s Kate/EtF. Both our Corps were undefeated on the day coming into the game.

5 Likes

Not surprised. Upstalk and The Spaces Between add so much to corps.

P.S.: Oh right, no TSB yet for GenCon.

Good luck and have fun! Any surprises in decks you saw?

6-1 with my RP, 2-5 with my new Kate list. Definitely some pilot error, but I’m also not sure it was the right meta call. Even so, one win off the cut is okay given the amount of testing time I had. And now I can do whatever I want on Saturday!

3 Likes

So I heared NEH was all around and took at least (?) first and second place. Is there any more news? Very curious :blush:

The top-8 report I saw was 6x Andy, 2x Kate; 6x NEH, 1x Making News, 1x Cerebral Imaging. The overall winner sounded like they were playing Kate / NEH.

So basically yeah pretty much exactly the opposite of the hoped-for diversity. NEH is bananas.

Sadly I didn’t get to play. I was going to bring Whizzard / Hidden Surprise RP because I, being capable of reason, anticipated that meta breakdown :).

2 Likes

Yeah Ben and I played round 5 (I split my first two rounds, so I made a personal commitment to sweep the rest of my games, and I am proud to say that I did) – unfortunately, because of how the SOS worked out, we ended up getting paired for round 1 elims.

I felt safer corping first so I’d have a chance to corp twice if I won, Ben landed a good 5 point legwork on what would otherwise be his final turn after seeing nothing on an indexing, next round I ran against Jesse Vandover after splitting with him in the qualifier - all of our games this weekend were really close - but he knocked me out with his hub deck in the end.

I had a ton of fun on saturday, everyone was really chill and just happy to have made the top64, friday was kind of stressful for me, even after using a bye. I’ll probably sell the playmat to help recoup some of the money I spent to play at the con. Pretty disappointed I was stuck playing games while matt zellinger was there, I kept accessing signed astroscripts - very jealous!

4 Likes

And within NEH? All Biotic?

Canadian wins US Nationals, American wins Canadian Nationals

8 Likes

yeah, I floated tags all day actually. No closed accounts either. There were def a few times where a CA would have hurt, but I felt safe that they wouldn’t draw their possible 1 of closed accounts before one of us won the game anyhow. Plus sec testing makes closed accounts pretty irrelevant vs a deck that just runs face check ice and maybe grim and tollbooth.

3 Likes

Nobody trashed Security Testing?

a few times, I cleared tags at certain points, and some opponents had scorched earth. I am just generalizing.

1 Like

So I switch away from Prepaid Kate because I don’t like the NEH or RP matchups, and the damn deck goes on to win the whole tournament! Gah! At least I beat the one Prepaid Kate player I faced with my RP, despite being Indexed for 5 points on turn 1.

Deck lists:

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (20)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Indexing (Future Proof)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••••
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (3)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)

Resource (2)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (14)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••
1x Imp (What Lies Ahead) •••
3x Leprechaun (Upstalk)
2x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Upstalk

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
2x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (12)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
2x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
2x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (5)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
1x Corporate Troubleshooter (Core Set) •

Operation (3)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (4)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (5)
1x Lotus Field (Upstalk)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (11)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Neural Katana (Core Set)
3x Pup (Honor and Profit)
1x Shinobi (Double Time)
3x Tsurugi (True Colors)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Upstalk

The RP deck beat two Silhouettes (despite agenda flood game 2), a Noise, the one Prepaid Kate, a Gabe (Caprice on HQ), and a Whizzard (baited a Shinobi flatline with a Melange). The one loss was to a Ken deck where I was flooded (4-5 agendas in hand almost the entire game, little ice, little econ, no Jackson) and he was able to Siphon and Vamp me into the ground. Not much to be done about that.

The Kate deck was disappointing, but there was a lot of pilot error. I let myself get BN-Scorched by NEH when I ended my turn with 3 cards in hand. I let myself get double Scorched by Cerebral Scorched despite the fact that I used to play that deck and knew how much money I should be keeping on hand. I declined to Parasite weak NEXT ice and taxed myself into oblivion instead. I Indexed a GRNDL and took 6 points; should have lost that game to Punitive but he didn’t think he could kill me. I did win that game as well as another against CE via a timely Legwork. I lost to another NEH despite controlling his board and hand with Imp recursion, because he topdecked the Astros at the right times. I also lost to the one RP I faced on the day: 2 Nisei counters is impossible to overcome.

I’m going to experiment with a few different Runner decks now, probably one from each faction. But I want to settle on something well before Worlds so I can get as comfortable with it as possible.

2 Likes

I had a MN who made T32 on THU hit me with Breaking News(through SanSan)/CA/kill SOT after I just Legworked him. Only CA I saw in 5 NBN games.

Here’s my Corp build (http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/8639/replicating-pain). Was fun. Great seeing tons of online friends and meeting some strangers.

Case in point: played a French Canadian, Eric Boivin, first round SAT. Good guy. He swept me, but kept trying to run my Remotes 1st click. 3 round, I play @Sirris. He notes, “Spags, it’s finally great to play you in real life.” Eric, who is sitting next to me now, turns to me and says, “You are spags?”.

I hid my head in faux shame under my playmat.

Can’t wait for Worlds.

4 Likes

Definitely already in prep for worlds after that planning debacle on my part ;).

2 Likes