Nationals & Worlds Roll Call

Making News? Was it Pat? He was on MN and Andy, he’s in my local group and was borrowing a Desperado and Inside Job from me. :smiley:

Are there winning decklists posted yet?

1 Like

Just imagine asset-econ focused (because Near-Earth Hub) Astrobiotics and you’re there. Corp side it was Red Cards Andy and PPvP Kate. I’m not sure we’re going to learn anything from the decklists, sadly.

1 Like

I played NEH with no assets other than Jackson Howard, and ended up in 5th/6th.

The point being NEH is essentially insane (too good) no matter how you build it.

7 Likes

No, it was Andrew Dire from Cali.

I am really really interested in hearing about more people’s experiences from Nationals. I will pay you by liking your post.Thanks everyone who has shared so far. :smile:

3 Likes

I saw that in Canada it was NEH versus Ken Tenma. That’s diversity in this meta :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pointless fact of the day - the World Series was named after its sponsor (The World magazine), not because it was seen as the world championship.

7 Likes

I pretty much split down the day. I was packing a PPVP Kate and a mostly 3 pointer Engineering the Future with Punitives. All my corp wins, which weren’t very many, came from flatlines. My Prepaid Kate deck did better, only losing once or twice.

1 Like

Went 11-0 with NEH at Nationals. That ID is just ridiculous. I’ll second spags that it was a ton of fun meeting some people I knew from octgn and also familiar faces from previous tournaments. Also getting some signatures from Matt Zeilinger was a highlight. I’ll definitely be at Worlds.

3 Likes

I just investigated it, and sadly that sounds like an urban myth; Was the World Series Named for a Newspaper? | Snopes.com. I would have liked that to be true though.

1 Like

I got my Caprices signed by Matt Zeilinger and my Niseis signed by Alexandra Douglass. My RP deck will definitely be unstoppable now!

3 Likes

Spent a bit of time digging myself and turns out you are right. It was purely named from a desire to hype up the series. Ah well, just goes to prove that I have an over-optimistic view of human nature :-).

1 Like

As a sidenote in this thread for everyone that’s been at the FFG event centre before, how far is it to the St Paul airport?
Looking at flight tickets now and seems like there is a flight back for me 19:14 at sunday but not sure if the traveltime to the airport will make that impossible.

Hello from old Europa guys !

I hope you enjoy worlds !

As a european player i feel a bit sad that so few of us can come for the worlds title challenge. Only the champion gets a prepaid plane ticket.

I hope Netrunner keeps getting bigger and FFG will want to make the worlds more “worldwide” and sends more players from all around to compete with each other.

2 Likes

30-40 min cab ride. About $50.

2 Likes

I actually would prefer an invitational. The non-US portion of that is covered, where the National winners are flown in. They should compete directly against winners of large tourneys in North America, plus a last chance tourney the day before said invitational would kick off. I’d make it 32 players total.

That’s if I ran things. I’d also make it worth at least $5K.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, got my flight and accomodation booked now!

Hope to see some of you at worlds.

1 Like

Making it an invitational would be cool. However, cash prizes, i am not sure about it.
I like how friendly Netrunner players are in general. I fear money would make it less “nice”

That’s understandable. Thing is, most people are spending at least $300-500+ just to come to Worlds. At least some chance to repay that would help. The promos are nice, and help, if one wants to sell them.

I do love the crowd for the most part in the game. Much better than most.

2 Likes