Netrunner Origins

I think it’s actually Black Widow:

3 Likes

The hidden resources I remember are HQ Mole and R&D Mole.

Loan from Chiba is dangerous… but I think it could work, with Fall Guy and New Angeles City Hall.

I would actually love to see Emergency Self Construct, but it’s probably way too good. It’s basically just a hard counter to SE, and tutorable with Shaper, and it’s an out to Cereberal Overwriter as well.

One thing I will say for ONR, it had great flavor text.

“I’ve got low friends in high places.”

4 Likes

The flavor text kept you looking at the bottom of the card instead of whatever atrocity was up top. :laughing:

7 Likes

I find the Corp art tends to be better than the Runner art in ONR. I think the worst offenders were programs/ICE, the virtual stuff.

More:

My bleeding eyes help me understand why ONR failed. Dear god.

Have you guys looked at Magic cards that came out around 1994? ALL the art on ccgs back then was horrid…

1 Like

I was gonna make that point, too. Personally I like the style of some older art (that Amnesia would be cool without the pins) but I understand it’s not for everyone. Many people (now) hate the original Jyhad art, but I think most of it is killer

Imp!

Which became Leprechaun (sort of).

I love that art so much.

And my personal favourite:

So many flatlines.

2 Likes

Ah, the memories…what to do when in dire need of fast bits?..Gamble! :smiley:

3 Likes

How can you hate on howl from beyond? God, this brings back memories…

Man, Schlaghund would be brutal with Midseason Replacements in existance. Catch the runner at low creds, give him at least 6 tags, can’t fail.

wow Phil Hale all of a sudden @ HQ Mole… that is super high-class art, compared to the rest. The feel of the ONR-art is a lot more cyberpunk than ANR, in my opinion, and I think it’s amazing. It’s obviously really crappy CG, but I think it’s 90s nostalgia that makes it so cool.

ONR had multi-tagging as well, although I don’t think it was as good as Midseasons.

I also didn’t realize that the small ONR Classic set that came out 3 years after Proteus introduced doubles. I had no idea those were in ONR. Lucky Find is in there (Networking), as is Lawyer Up (Meat Upgrade).

Edit: And Running Interference:

1 Like

One reference I particularly like:

Check the flavour text on Paper Tripping.

3 Likes

…See, and Total Genetic Refit would’ve been incredibly useful in comparison to the mediocre Paper Tripping.

1 Like

They definitely could have printed Paper Tripping as TGR and had a playable, balanced card. The Priority really killed it IMO.

Priority, costing one more, and not dodging the next tag. Taking any one of those away would give it a use, taking two away would make it decent, taking all three away would make it excellent.

But, of course, you can’t risk it being too good, right? Then people might actually play it.

3 Likes

Would running interference be played at 2 creds? Maybe just. I guess all ONR cards look a bit better, but none of these look completely broken in ANR. I think paper tripping that isn’t priority completely kills Midseasons decks vs criminal. That would be sad. Midseasons is way more fun than astrobananas.