New Angeles Sol

Yeah… That’s why it felt like I was dumping on you.

To be honest, there is merit in the idea of having more econ in the deck. It isn’t a terrible way to go. However, you should consider, say, Restructure over Temple or PAD. It builds on the deck’s strengths (killer econ + single remote) rather than opening up some new weaknesses.

As far as hate goes… Yeah. You want to keep all your hate as broad as possible so it still has applications in other match-ups. The worst feeling in the world is shitting the bed because your hate card gummed up your deck in a winnable match-up.

If you’re worried about Apoc, I’d say use Will-o-the-Wisp. It has broader application than Crisium and doesn’t use influence.

Crisium is an EXCELLENT card, by the way, but you’re already tight on Influence, already have Siphon hate, PolOp is not really a problem, so there’s very little need for it.

2 Likes

3-1 at today’s GNK

Full Article is Paywall Restricted v1.3

New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program ☆☆☆
2x Global Food Initiative ••
1x NAPD Contract ☆
3x Project Beale

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard

Upgrade (6)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
3x SanSan City Grid ☆☆☆

Operation (15)
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
2x Paywall Implementation ••••
2x Restructure
3x Sweeps Week
3x Targeted Marketing

Barrier (3)
3x Wraparound

Code Gate (8)
2x Archangel
1x Little Engine
2x Pop-up Window
2x Quandary
1x Tollbooth

Sentry (5)
2x Assassin
3x News Hound

8 influence spent (max 15-7☆=8)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

4 Likes

This list is shaping up nicely, and 3-1 ain’t too shabby! I was crushing with this ID immediately pre-MWL, looks like I might have to take another look…

a couple things/questions off the cuff:

• -1 NAPD -1 beale +1 GFI +1 15 minutes? NAPD is a fantastic card in this list but given how hard GFIs are to score a 15 minutes might make a better finisher. how often do you find yourself scoring 8 points to win?

• -1 archangel +1 tollbooth, might be a meta call but those beefy etr codegates do so much work for me against non-dumblefork decks. Seems like so many times that I can just push out an early score on the strength of this ice alone.

• how did ash work for you? pre-mwl it was pretty game-winning a lot of the time; worth trying to wring another two influence out for another copy?

• [edit] thought of one more thing! -2 restructure for +2 product placement? that card was a serious playmaker for me, wondering if it might have a spot as the “extra” econ card…

1 Like

I replaced Restructure with Launch Campaign when I was running this deck. I think it’s still a really good rush deck with a strong FA backup.

I’ve tested something similar for about a week on Jinteki. The ASH is good as a 1-of, it’s really just a finisher and there’s no good way to include the 2nd one. I think Paywall is the best Current for this type of Rush build and 2 makes it harder to find early as it is.

Archangel / Tollbooth is preference. I like the singleton Tollbooth, since Archangel is cheaper to Rez and discourages repeated runs after anything but the very early game.

I’d rather keep the Restructure or some other Operation Econ just to keep R&D safer. It’s a comparable 4-credit swing if they Access-and-Trash, but Whizzard is prevalent, as is Imp. It basically never fires twice, and sometimes you just want the extra money now.

1 Like

Played this in a 6 person SC:

Northern Sol (Linköping Store Champ 1st)

New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (9)

Asset (3)

Upgrade (6)

Operation (15)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (9)

Sentry (4)

9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I agree that restructure is a good call in the current meta. I also like the 3x global food and 1x 15 minutes as it further decreases the agenda density and it helps to score 7 points without the food as opposed to scoring 4 2 pointers. I would like to be able to include an Assassin but I’m not really sure what to cut. Gutenberg is an efficient R&D protection and tollbooth is fantastic against everything not running spooned.

Just played in a 5 person GNK with almost he same exact list.
-1 tollbooth
-1 gutenberg
-1 archangel
-1 WoS
-2 restructure
+1 wraparound
+1 quandary
+2 assassin
+2 product placement.

It was the only undefeated corp (runner shit the bed) and I feel like it played really strongly, even against normally really tough matchups. a couple notes from my experience today (and recently with the list in general)

• this agenda suite is on point for the playstyle of the deck. very low density and very easy to score. in two of my games I actually closed with a never-advance GFI. the product placements and the paywall make NA plays very easy to sell.

• if you’re looking for a way to fit in assassins, try dropping gutenberg and either one TB or one archangel; i’ve been really happy with the ice suite I have. tollbooth is a workhorse as ever, but two of my opponents actually ran a hunting grounds which hit them hard, and I was really happy for the extra brawn that assassin brings to the table. Gutenberg is weak if they figure you out and go tag-me, and archangel is very situational and positional, and a bit expensive (though good enough for a one-of funtime surprise imo :D).

• product placement was an mvp - perfect tool for bluffs and fakes, the runner either makes you rich (powering FA tools, ice rezzes, and ash) by running everything you throw down, or NA agendas slip through and you win anyways.

love this list, great hybrid of taxing board state and quick-moving scoring threat.

Recurring Employee Strike is getting popular. Is this the death of Sol? Sol is naturally resistant to EStrike because it plays 5 currents, but with some decks playing 3EStrikes and SoT/deja vu you’ll quickly be on the losing side. My deck is built to force whizzard to bounce off my ice or give me 30 creds for d4v1ds, but to today I missed the cut when a whizzard played 4 d4v1ds without giving me a single credit. Little Engine, Wraparound and Gutenberg aren’t so hot when the runner has easy david access.

Even worse are decks like the Vegas whizzard. TM is excellent Siphon defense, but when the runner can drop an EStrike before every siphon? Stuff gets hard.

Maybe it’s time to have a look at at Palna or EtF.

I’m not sure, I feel like FFG are going to be pushing currents more and more moving forward, as evidenced by the Flashpoint spoilers. In this way, Sol may have increasing value, with the ability to recur 0-cost currents, both denying Runner currents and keeping a beneficial effect in play for the Corp. I think Sol is still relatively well positioned in the meta, with a few viable tier 1.5 builds. Even just running TM and a Cerebral Static right now makes Sol pretty strong, IMO.

I would say if a Runner is using recursion to (try) to keep Employee Strike active against Sol, Sol is already winning.

Took this to Top 8 in UK Birmingham regionals: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

3 Wins, one tie on time and a loss. Then a loss to Mink’s Whizz in the cut knocked me out.

The 15 Minutes change did so much for me. The number of times I was seeing too many 5/3s I couldn’t work with was far less than the number of times I won from 15M. It also turns the deck into basically only 8 agendas.

The biggie here is that News Hound is still active from a current on either side. I saw a lot of Strike yesterday and it was annoying to name Parasite or something and have the runner go “Click one, Strike, Click two Parasite.” But the more I thought about it, this still was slowing them down.

Strike into Siphon is something that still scared me but that never happened. I don’t think crims are running ES very often, and decks importing Siphon are inf light to not also be able to squeeze the strike in.

Strike for IG hate It was honestly one my biggest concerns that made me question taking the deck, but I guess it turned out alright in the end :slight_smile:

When Vinegary Mink and I played in the cut, we went back and forth on currents about 6 different times and it was really funny and felt like the actual intended design of the cards. I think his Whizz had cut the Career Fair’s for Strike.

4 Likes

News hound is still active, but you can’t necessarily rely on having your current active now. My deck was built around making Dumblefork recur D4v1d through Targeted Marketing or dump tons of card to Faust. When the runner gets to pick option c) it fell flat. Maybe just my build that needs fixing, but I’m sad that I can no longer build around synergies involving specific currents.

TM is a good card against whiz. It loses some of its potency against ES for sure, but you can normally replace it fairly quickly. The bigger problems I found with whiz were 1) sucker farming and 2) turntable.

Winning list from London Regionals (3rd after Swiss, 78 ish players).

Faced on the day: ??? (won), Valencia (loss), Kit (won), Andromeda (won), Jesminder (loss)
Faced in the cut: Siphon Kate (won), Hayley (@lpoulter, won), Siphon Kate (won)

New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program ☆☆☆
3x Breaking News
1x Explode-a-palooza
3x Global Food Initiative •••

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard

Upgrade (1)
1x SanSan City Grid ☆

Operation (20)
3x Blue Level Clearance ••••• •
1x Closed Accounts
2x Exchange of Information
3x Hedge Fund
2x Midseason Replacements
1x Paywall Implementation ••
1x SEA Source
3x Sweeps Week
3x Targeted Marketing
1x The All-Seeing I

Barrier (4)
3x Resistor
1x Wraparound

Code Gate (4)
1x Archangel
3x Pop-up Window

Sentry (7)
1x Data Raven
3x News Hound
3x Turnpike

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

11 Likes

This. 3 clicks (or two and 2 credits w/ DV) to recur something that doesn’t even turn off news hound (the actual ID ability of Sol) is a joke. Also it costs influence? TLDR is that Sol is one of the most resilient decks against ES, not the other way around, I would much rather ppl play it than whatever else that influence and deckslot could buy. If whizzard is beating you (which, let’s face it, he is. he’s unstoppable) it probably isn’t due to ES - those 10 credits wouldn’t have saved you :smiley:

4 Likes

As a hardcore Sol player since D&D, I have to say this is 100% correct. Both the Current point, and the point about News Hound being the REAL ability. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you lean too heavily on TM against Siphon (defending HQ with PopUp for instance) dropping a current before Siphon can be awkward as hell. Otherwise, yeah, Sol wins current wars trivially.

Ugh, I’m so jealous that I didn’t come up with this. Putting the EoI deck into Sol makes so much sense: Blue Level solves Sol’s “I have no money if they respect TarMar” problem, and News Hound gives you a very solid EtR if the runner forces the deck to push out agendas the normal way.

Big congrats on the win! Couldn’t happen to a nicer player :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blue Level is also draw, which lets you solve the ‘I can’t find a current problem!’, and Midseasons is a great Targeted Marketing money dump. All the ice is taxing for its rez cost, but News Hound is especially brilliant at costing the runner far more to break than it does to rez, feeding into the plan of money differentials.

Thank you!

Gah, I had no idea this was you the whole time…

Congratulations on the victory!

1 Like