New England and New York Store Champs 2016-2017

Jan 7 is the one for Tabletop Shop in CT. Battlegrounds hasn’t scheduled theirs yet.

1 Like

Good catch! sorry about that, I’ll edit my message.

Ah cool was worried I’d have to miss battlegrounds too. I’ll get the map updated.

I am confused why Tabletop Shop is not FFG’s list of Store Champs? Are there are stores in the area we might be missing due to not being listed on FFG’s site?

Can’t say for New England specifically, but this is what we’ve found when working with stores in Michigan. A few of the stores were left off the list even though they submitted their forms on time. They were able to get things cleared up and get SC kits after contacting FFG OP directly. But, I don’t think FFG has updated their list with these stores.

I think FFG OP has been a bit off since they moved to a two track-model.

1 Like

3 Trolls Games in Chelmsford, MA has scheduled their SC for Saturday, January 21 at 12 noon. Registration to begin at 11am.

Battlegrounds, please don’t pick the same day!

Battleground Games (now in Norton) just announced their store championship (February 11th). Doors Open at 10 AM, First round will start at 11. Netrunner Store Championship

2 Likes

I know that they’ve been maligned already in this thread, but for completion’s sake, Toys and Things in Danvers has scheduled theirs for Jan 22. Registration begins at 1pm, round 1 at 2pm.

2pm start… woof.

Toys and Things had 3 people :slight_smile: He plans on rescheduling

Well now I feel a little bad about my tirade… but then I think about being there until midnight last year because the guy never tried to organize the event or even monitor it in any fashion and I feel a lot less bad about it.

Who were the three?

Three folks from the Battleground meta.

Then why does that store even have an SC if they don’t have any players?

Any news of store champs other than Norton remaining?

In theory Toys n Things may reschedule their SC, but so far there is nothing on their website. My guess is they won’t reschedule until after the SC season is over, or they will never advertise when they are hosting their SC and just give the kit away to their local players without hosting an open tournament.

Personally I’m going to wait until after the SC season is over to see what they do this year, and then complain to FFG and hope there is another store that can get their kit next year. You can see my post above about the last time they actually hosted an SC.

Are SCs limited in the USA?

I know there is some sort of application process, but I don’t know how limited or not the number of kits FFG makes available are. However, I’ve definitely seen complaints about stores with poorly run SCs result in the store losing their kit for the next year. Hopefully that means it goes to another store that will do a better job.

Are there any more New England store champs this season, or have they all happened? (I wish the google thing was sortable by date as well)

Supposedly Toys n Things was rescheduling their SC, but I don’t have high expectations.

Glad I didn’t drive for hours only to have it canceled.

1 Like