New Spoilers! The Source

The best use i can see is in NBN making news and probably transmission dish and just install it in an empty server. But it won’t be that good.

On the bright side, if this card ever becomes broken, we already have the perfect counter: Disrupter

1 Like

Given how poorly it interacts with timing structures, Disrupter should have been “(trash): Prevent a trace.”

3 Likes

Would this simply negate cards like Punitive? Or would the trace be considered unsuccessful since it never occurred?

Punitive is the only card that I’m unsure about. Everything else has such low trace strength that Disrupter is worth very little, and you have to have it on the board before the corp spends that click to trace for the midseasons or SEA source.

Being able to crack an SMC between two punitives and shut down the kill combo would be pretty frustrating for the corp.

I would say that in this alternate universe, the trace is just prevented. It never happened, it wasn’t successful, it wasn’t unsuccessful and Power Tap wouldn’t give you money.

The alternate-universe version of disrupter is probably undercosted at 1.

Cool combo with Architect - if they can’t break architect, you use self-destruct, and then reinstall it from archives and then use it again. Whirlpool too is needed, sadly.

Almost - you’re going to blow away the cell portal as well when you fire it off.

The risk is that 90% of the time you have a useless card in your deck that could have been another ice or pad campaign.

1 Like

Full spoilers here → http://imgur.com/a/scoeY

Edit - I can’t read and am generally horrible at everything.

Only if “3” is the new “4”.

On first glance, Incubator is the big card in this pack - it does seriously things to the amount of purges a Corp needs to pull off. Utopia Fragment is pretty nuts, but a unique 5/3 is only going to have a limited impact.

Code Siphon is strong. The new Jinteki ID has some potential, but I struggle to see it doing what RP does better than RP does. Shoot the Moon…oh my. Midseasons gets some more serious “win more and more and more” cards. I wonder how much more of this they need when they can just go “Scorch, Scorch”.

Earthrise Hotel really shows how overpriced Wyldside really is. At least it’s neutral, without influence costs.

4 Likes

first time I’ve posted my thoughts on a pack but here goes. not gonna do all of them:

Helium Deposit: current targets; most fun application right now seems to be Viktor 2.0 or Snoop. fun casual/janky agenda
Errand Boy: steep rez, but I wouldn’t mind running 1 or 2 of these in BS. gives some nice dig after a face check.
IT Department: doesn’t seem very good. Click intensive and must be defended. Maybe I am not very good.
Industrial Genomics: I can’t wrap my head around this but I want to. The biggest issue is it only takes 1 successful Archives run to flip everything face up. This means IG wants to defend Archives more than any other ID. I think IG wants to defend Archives while playing shell game. Perhaps a new mutation of Untrashable? I look forward to experimenting. Someone is going to break this card, or at least make it really really really really fun. We may even start seeing Caprice on Archives! Or at least Ash.
Turtlebacks: great shell game card, especially out of IG.
Shoot the Moon: very fun. I think I will try this in the updated PsychoGods I am brewing. Bait with naked Domestic Sleepers. Runner steals. Midseasons. Shoot the Moon for a bunch of huge HB ICE. Runner cries.
Troll: Always Sunny reference?
Collective Consciousness: 2 MU makes this unplayable, I think. otherwise, it’d be worth exploring.
Au Revoir: worth a try. obvious pairing is Snitch.
Earthrise Hotel: a nice addition to any Supplier deck, methinks.

1 Like

I can’t shake the feeling that Collective Consciousness is in the wrong faction - Anarchs would actually welcome the effect, and Criminals have both plenty of derez and ways to profit from rez. Shapers, on the other hand, are actually the one faction where the effect can actively harm you (imagine drawing the card you’d want to install to get through the ICE that just got rezzed and thinking “why exactly am I using 2 MU on this?”).

So, score helium deposit, make atman 4 into atman 6 and make a runner really really sad?

6 Likes

Not super impressed by Helium Deposit, both because I still think Weyland shouldn’t be the only faction without a 3/2 and because they have to import something to get any benefit from it at all. I’d run PSF over it almost any day. Like, that’s actually frustrating, because Weyland has NO NEED for this at all. If they will in the future there’s been no sign so far in the O&C spoilers, and if it just comes up next cycle…

Errand Boy looks pretty fun. Vulnerable to parasite at 1-STR, but golly do I want to run it anyway. Quite taxing, with a nice upside if they run through blind.

IT Department I still like, but I don’t think it’ll see much play. With EffCom you can get enough counters to make defending it an option… unless they have D4V1D. Wheee.

Markus is as fun as ever it was, and I look very forward to trying it out.

Genomics is… I guess you could go for Shock, Shi.Kyu, Space Camp (when it’s out), Caprice over Archives, Encryotion Protocols, Hostile Infrastructure, Ronin? Seems too janky to be worth it but maybe someone’ll smooth the rough edges off. Not going to be me.

Turtlebacks is still probably worse than PAD Campaign except in pretty heavy Shell Game decks. Maybe PE or Genomics, but I’m not holding my breath.

Shoot the Moon it is. I’m building NBN Tagstorm/Glacier.

Troll’s nifty. Can’t be broken since it’s an on-encounter ability. Potential to be pretty taxing in MN.

Virgo I still like, all the more now that Tagstorm has some more teeth to it. Utopia Fragment is obviously amazing. Excalibur remains solidly “meh” by and large (though I like the flavor of keeping it in your hand). Self-Destruct I still think looks fun. Incubator is massively exciting for various reasons. Ixodidae is awful. Code Siphon seems great so long as you can get in cheaply-ish. Collective Consciousness costs too many MU to play.

Sage is here! For some reason I thought it was next cycle. In the harsh light of day, not sure if it’ll be totally doable, but still exciting jank if it doesn’t work out, and I’m glad it exists for a bit before Cortex Lock.

Bribery is still bleh.

Au Revoir is kinda neat, but I’m not sure it’s going to see much play. Still, sure someone’ll make use of it.

Earthrise Hotel seems… mediocre, but I guess it’s only one credit more than Quality Time for one more card, adding them more slowly, so maybe it’ll be decent with the Supplier. Makes Wyldside all the more cringeworthy.

Well, is Earthrise better than Wyldside?

Fringe observation: Heinlein Grid seems to be really good with Troll, with core NBN to boost trace anyway. One of the few applications where the decision to lose the credit is a matter of money (& could be calculated in advance) and not runner’s choice.

Someone on reddit mentioned Helium-3+Quicksand (as well as the already-noted fun Atman combo). Quicksand feels like the most practical application I’ve seen so far. Novel agenda needs more combo pieces in-faction.

(Dumb?) timing question for Industrial Genomics: If Caprice is guarding Archives and the psi (edited) game fails, does the runner have a choice whether to access Archives first (thereby reducing Caprice’s trash cost) or is the runner forced to access the upgrade first?

1 Like

It is, because it doesn’t stop you from using Duggar’s and Day Job, among other things.

Also, you can always use it twice and then pawn it, for much profit.

1 Like

Believe they can access in any order. So look in archives and THEN trash Caprice.

So… Everyone replaces Wyldside in Noise?

1 Like

Personally I would not, in my current build. You can get rid of Wyld eventually with Aesop’s and it costs 1 less to install.