New Spoilers! The Source

Have we worked out how yet? lol. I was also wondering about that.

@alienpilgrim’s right, it’s Kitsune. Force them to access the Snare! you’ve got in hand. Dang. Ah well.

With this pack looming, I’d like to rekindle the discussion about Earthrise Hotel. Am I wrong about thinking it’s better than the three in-faction draw econ cards: Wyldeside, Mr. Li, and Quality Time?

I’m actually not so interested in the Wyldeside comparison–that’s an easy choice to make based on deck style and personal preference (I agree with Peekay that Wyldeside is overpriced though).

The comparison to Quality Time is the one I’m most interested in. Earthrise is actually a bigger draw, and it is easier to wield than QT. First turn Gamble,Earthrise, stuff, stuff will be amazing, and it will become Andromeda’s favorite tune for a long time to come. You can’t do that with QT.
Earthrise in Criminal is a no brainer, and it can replace or coexist with Mr. Li, but it definitely replaces QT.

What about Earthrise in Shaper though? I’m thinking it may replace Quality Time there too, or at least take precedence over it. Thoughts and analysis please.

1 Like

It was easily slotted into my Hayley deck, because I built it around the idea of triggering her ability off of program and resource installs. She also wants the clickless drippy drawing power, to boot. Outside of that niche deckbuilding quirk, though, I don’t see Shapers necessarily taking it over QT, especially since PPVP Kate is still a thing. Crims definitely want to at least test it over QT to save influence, but I wouldn’t write off Mr. Li too quickly. As for anarchs, I still have no clue what kinda stuff will be vogue post O&C.

The card’s closest comparison is Quality Time I guess, but then you can make the easy comparison of ‘Burst Draw’ vs. ‘Drip Draw’. (Doesn’t boil down as easily as the credit analog would imply, though)

Keep in mind the matchup is 3 creds for 5 draw vs 4 for 6, (gained incrementally). Playtesting will give a better idea of relative worth I think, because card effects are a little harder to crunch in a vacuum, as opposed to the hard arithmetic behind credit effects.

vs Mr. Li -
I think that criminal decks (specifically, good-stuff Andy) that are justifiably running Mr. Li at the moment won’t want to just swap him out for Earthrise. Mr. Li is for decks that want long-term quality over quantity, plus the ability to really plow through your stack for a specific card. But I could definitely see criminal decks that don’t want Mr. Li playing Earthrise, because it’s solid card draw.

vs Quality Time -
Again, depends on how QT was being used. Outside of Shaper I imagine Earthrise is better, especially due to not costing influence. In shaper I think it depends on whether the deck is running QT because it really needs cards RTFN or just because it needs more card draw period.

Sure, PPVP econ definitely makes QT better than Earthrise in those builds. And you also can’t play Earthrise if you’ve gone tag me of course: Advantage QT there.

However, the early combo of play event econ, install Earthrise offers a significant advantage over QT, which is difficult to play before your econ is set up and your hand’s full of mid game stuff. I suppose Mr. Li is a little better here, though that son of a bitch can really put you to some hard decisions.

Quality Time nets you 1.66 cards per credit, Earthrise 1.5 cards, which is incremental and probably not game changing. The Earthrise tempo is better early game (the most crucial time) and about equal to QT in the early mid game. QT definitely gets better than Earthrise in the later mid game and end game though.

It’s also worth noting that the tempo of Quality Time may be better for the Stimshop builds (like the top 16 Chaos Theory at World’s).

I’m not 100% sure about it, as I’m nowhere near as good of a pilot as Tomasz is, but I think you want “on” turns and “off” turns, and the “off” turns want to be (draw card) -> workshop -> workshop -> workshop early game and 4x Opus late game.

Earthrise will be sweet as a choice over QT in PPvP Kate and similar though, as mentioned above, you can’t really use QT then use Lucky Find (then expect to keep the rest of the cards), which is kind of solved by Earthrise.

This wouldn’t work. The moment you use self destruct the run ends.

I think in this case, the Architect keeps the server alive (since it can’t be trashed), no? So the run would continue, Architect could fire to re-install Self-Destruct. Of course, you need enough credits to beat the runner on a trace twice, they need to have no way to break an Architect, and you need some way to prevent them from jacking out after the Architect encounter.

It’s not likely to come up a lot, but hell: even just Self-Destructing a server with an Architect sounds fun, minus the rest of the implausible setup.

2 Likes

My reading of Self Destruct is that it doesn’t add 1 to the trace strength itself. You trash it to fire it, so when you’re counting how many cards you’ve trashed for the trace strength it isn’t there any more.
Thoughts?

I believe that’s correct.

Why do I always forget this about Architect? (I’m really good at Netrunner)

Thanks!

Ekomind, Origami, Duggars, and Sage all in one cycle. Data Folding on the way. And probably more hand size synergies on the horizon, but at least we got that set. HE-3 Deposit works on practically nothing, especially new, and nothing much in the spoilers. It’s a card clearly made for the future, so far ahead that it’s making me salty.

1 Like

HE-3 has potential with a Docklands deck. I and another guy in our group have been testing (or preparing to test) Blue Sun Docklands decks with it. Probably complete jank tho.

I think I’d try Helium Deposit with IT Department before I’d try it with Docklands Crackdown.

Although you get Mega Style Points for adding power counters to the Runner’s Plascrete before you proceed to Scorch them out anyway. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m just disappointed Bribery won’t work with Blackguard. :frowning:

Wasn’t this already possible with Raymond Flint and rezzing an illicit ICE during the Archives run?

1 Like