No Rumors: Playing Without The Mill

Caprice and Batty are answered decently with Polop and Councilman/Tracker. Tracker kinda blanks a single Batty, while if the Caprice is defending HQ to prevent installing Councilman, well, then she ain’t defending the remote (barring double Caprice shenanigans, which I guess can be a problem).

Caprice and Sandburg is a problem, but then Sandburg would probably have been -3 influence at this point if Mill hadn’t suppressed it one month after release.

1 Like

I totally do that! I’ll even roll it faceup on the table for both people to see.

It just adds one more thing for the opponent to try and analyse, which hopefully messes up their mental concentration

Rumor Mill still very playable it turns out. Rumors of its death overstated.

1 Like

Once the opponent knows you’re not betting by the dice, it just mess you dude :slight_smile:

Taking a look at your watch to check the second is better imho.

That’s what happens when you have a card that, as a one-of, can be easily recurred and generally dismantle an entire corp strategy. Three influence isn’t THAT big of a deal for a card with that level of power.

To be fair, E-Strike does the same thing to a different subset of decks and only costs 1 inf.

Too deterministic. Best to rely on Johnson-Nyquist noise or quantum effects. :wink:

It’s worth pointing out that everyone on jnet is playing Foodcoats or Palana glacier right now because those were popular decks that have been unplayable for a long time, but that’s not necessarily the strongest deck or what people will bring to regionals. I think NEH is probably the strongest corp right now, and if everyone brings NEH to regionals you won’t be thrilled that you spent inf on rumor mill or card slots on polop/councilman/tracker. TD could also shake things up.

1 Like

Which NEH do you think is strongest?

Joeybacks?
Russian?
Railgun until they nerf Shutdown?
Something else?

Yes.

(SCNR)

I’ve been playing just regular butchershop (no shutdown) with MCA Informant and winning almost all my games. Sometimes you get a kill combo ready before they draw Aaron, other times they put out Aaron but you MCA him and trash him and then kill them.

Railgun is still good too, but may get errataed. NEH asset spam is probably still great too.

1 Like