[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

For what it’s worth, Noise was a hell of a lot more interesting when a major and important weakness of his was that ice subroutines actually fired. At least this way they can print some more good cheap viruses.

Noise can still run a single Faust or D4v1d, or go back to running a couple of actual breakers. Wyldside stings pretty bad, but I’ve seen Noise do fine without it before. I’m sure it will work again. Anarch have a ton more draw than they ever did. You might not even need Levy if you aren’t using Faust as your main breaker.

And eventually, Jackson rotates…

2 Likes

Honestly making noise more regass is probably fine. Noise with breakers has always been good, just overshadowed by the easy and universality of faust. 2-3 career fair, 2 corroder, 2 mimic 1 yog with maybe a hades in there for surprise 4 credit career fair hades bullshit seems fine. Corps will be moderately slower, so running real breakers actually is more feasible, and IHW/Inject/Peddler + ERH draw is satisfactory. This allows you to reasonably slot daily casts too, which means less reliance on Aesop’s Pawnshop. Reworking econ could possibly even make you require 1, and slot sahasrara. I think the deck has to evolve, but its environment has also evolved more favorably. I’m excited to try Noise again…I quit noise thanks to museum/temple, IG, and some really bad NEH games…both should be much much less prevalent.

3 Likes

This world is not over.

Reg Noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (10)
2x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) [color=#4169E1]●●[/color]
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (9)
2x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●●●[/color]
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
1x Faust (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]☆[/color]
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆☆[/color]

Program (17)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) [color=#4169E1]●●●[/color]
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Lamprey i[/i]
2x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]☆☆☆[/color]
9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9) ●●●●●●●●●
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

4 Likes

Pretty much this. I think Code’s list is defo one way to go, Crypsis another (with Grim and sucker tokens drop inject for more econ, it’s ok) or regass breakers with wyldside in tact are all fine options to explore.

1 Like

Do you see no value in Clot anymore? Jeeves is still a thing and it may help in slowing down Hostiles and and the surge of BN out of Sync.

Noise with 0 Clone Chip is not a Noise id like to play.
I guess if I was forced to play Noise now, it would look like this:
M.i.l.i.N. (Maria, i like it Noise)

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (12)
3x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
3x Inject
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
2x Clone Chip ☆☆ ●●●●
2x Cyberfeeder
2x Grimoire
1x Sports Hopper

Resource (7)
2x Aesop’s Pawnshop ●●●●
3x Daily Casts
2x Symmetrical Visage

Icebreaker (5)
2x Corroder
1x Crypsis
2x Mimic

Program (14)
2x Cache ●●
3x Datasucker
3x Imp
1x Lamprey
2x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆

10 influence spent (max 15-5☆=10) ●●●●●●●●●●
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

But im not sure if it’s the best time to play Noise, so many cards on the MWL that you would love to have…

1 Like

But a lot of corps have to run in ways they wouldn’t normally, and if runners can ignore NBNFA, they can change up slots to be more effective against slower builds. It levels out…noise has been tearing it up for me the last few days. Hades is the jam yall.

I started playing Noise just about a month ago. I wanted to play Reg Noise because I’m not a big fan of Faust. Now that MWL 2: Electric Boogaloo dropped, I feel like a hipster lol. Here is the deck I’ve been playing.

Straight Edge Noise v2

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (12)
3x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
2x Queen’s Gambit
3x Sure Gamble
1x Wanton Destruction

Hardware
3x Cyberfeeder
2x Grimoire

Resource (8)
3x Armitage Codebusting
2x Symmetrical Visage
3x Technical Writer

Icebreaker (4)
1x Atman ●●●
1x Corroder
1x Mimic
1x Yog.0 ☆

Program (16)
2x Cache ●●
3x Datasucker
1x Hemorrhage
3x Imp
2x Medium
3x Parasite ☆☆☆
2x Self-modifying Code ●●●●● ●

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11) ●●●●●●●●●●●
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

The only changes I made from pre-MWL2 to now was to drop an Archives Interface, Scheherazade and Nerve Agent for 2x Queens Gambit and a Hemorrhage. I like it quite a bit. If you feel like you absolutely must have a Clone Chip, switch from Atman to Crypsis. Aesops has never felt necessary.

Back when we played Crypsis, Breaker Bay Grid was not a card. That thing single-handed turn flipped the HB match-up. It took until Faust for it to get even again.

I bet nerfed noise has no shot against any number of EtF builds.

I went up against a few of them and won all, but it was randos and I’ve played a lot of noise. Even with 3 architect and jeebers everywhere it wasn’t too bad.

I’m going to look into updating my No-Run Noise mill deck that ran Hivemind+Progenitor with Virus Breeding Grounds and Gravedigger…

And Chakana. And The Source.

Mostly because he ran literally none of the normal Anarch stuff so he has influence to spare.

I’ll update, take it for a spin, and post the list if it’s not worse than it was before.

1 Like

Just chucking this out there, I’m a measurable amount of games into testing with this noise deck, and its performing quite well, even vs jeebers hb. might have to nut up and put in a screte, suffered some un-impable weyland kill decks that were rough. Also the HHN MU can be slow/rough. The casts are mostly to help you keep up in credits the way previous noise builds wouldnt. Career fair into hades wins more games than it reasonably should…even hardcast hades does.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/718816

Here’s the current iteration:

Stay-At-Home Noise

Event (12)

Hardware (2)

Resource (13)

Icebreaker (1)

Program (17)

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

It’s performing… Not completely horribly. Games frequently end with less than 10 cards in the corp’s deck. When I do win it tends to be from getting agendas through a combination of ‘Most of their deck is in the trash so agendas are there’, ‘Deep Thought isn’t too bad…’, and ‘Chakana/Source forces the corp to leave agendas out a long time and spend a ton of cash on them…’

Zona Sul is a test; I’d been looking for something that gives me money without having to spend clicks. Data Folding is also a possibility… I’d swap a Parasite back in if Zona Sul underperforms. (So far I’ve drawn it twice; once it got killed by an All-Seeing Eye and the other time I drew it in the last turn of the game; Parasite wouldn’t have been any more useful.) Right now, I feel that Zona would be better as an Armitage…

Regarding Progenitor: The first one should have a Hivemind on it. After that, Chakana and Deep Thought are the best to put on it.

Haven’t managed any Incubator → Medium plays yet, but that’s why those are there. Multiple Incubators because they serve other purposes involving Hivemind.

Also holy shit I forgot how damn good Hivemind is when you’re Parasiting ICE. I suspect I could make this a more traditional deck and drop the Sources/Chakanas/Deep Thoughts and run 3 Clone Chips and better breakers and it would be a better deck.

Do you just ignore/redirect from Lotus Field or am i missing something?

Edit: nevermind, for some reason I always think Lotus is 4 to rez. Agora to the rescue!

Yea, and if it doesn’t show up, attack somewhere else until it does.

1 Like

Kind of a waste of an ASI- doesn’t it trash when tagged?

this is what i’ll be playing with:

Event (4)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Surge (Humanity’s Shadow)

Hardware (5)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
1x Archives Interface (Order and Chaos)
2x Chop Bot 3000 (Order and Chaos)

Resource (11)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)
1x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) ••
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Aghora (Fear the Masses)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Faust (The Underway)

Program (21)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x Sahasrara (Creation and Control) ••
1x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts)
3x Lamprey (Upstalk)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••
1x Gravedigger (Order and Chaos)
2x Clot (The Valley)

7 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear the Masses

surge and gravedigger are for fun. Archives interface will remain relevant it seems. The same old things are just place-holders for my lost recursion (more vu’s now), not confident i’ll keep them. Yes…chop bot.

Yes… The ASI was actually to kill a Daily Casts and a Virus Breeding Ground. It was an odd play; SEA → ASI. The things you see in Jinteki.net Casual.

Hivemind Noise

Event (11)

Hardware (4)

Resource (10)

Icebreaker (3)

Program (18)

9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9, available 0)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Remade the mill deck above to be a more traditional runner, with actual breakers. No Chakana anymore, but I am still including Deep Thought, because it’s… Pretty damn good. Since there’s only Hivemind that needs to be on a Progenitor now, that went down to a 2x. The inf saved on Chakana/The Source allowed me to bring in Clone Chips and Cache.

Went down one Sure Gamble because I had the Cache’s now. If I were to make more adjustments right now, I’d drop -2 Gamble, -2 Armitage, +3 Street Peddler to bring it back to 45. I keep forgetting Street Peddler exists. Armitage is sort of emergency money if I can’t find my Kati or I’d just emptied her and need more money fast. Sure Gamble fills the same role, with the upside of faster acceleration and downsides of limited usage and needing to not already be in a hole.

It actually beat a Sandburg HB EtF NEXT build by virtue of just having too many virus counters on Parasite+Hivemind for Sandburg to get past. Won by Yogging past a Str6 Quandary because I Parasited it to instantly bring it to 3 strength, and stole the Vanity behind it. Was kinda surprising.

No Aesop’s seems super rough on the econ. How’s it been holding up?