Official Breaker Bay datapack preview / Hayley Kaplan

yeah I was just thinking of avoiding early Breaking News while you’re setting up. Once you’re set up you don’t care so much about tags. then again it’s singleton copy so probably not reliable for its intended purpose anyway

So I’m very much late to the party, but after a bit of consideration, here’s my take on a decklist for Kayley. I did a long-winded writeup of my reasoning on netrunnerdb which you can find through the link if so inclined.

Celerity

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (10)
2x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (10)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
2x All-nighter (A Study in Static)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)

Program (10)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)••••
1x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts) ••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

In a diversion from Hayley, anyone thought about the potential for Breaker Bay?

It could make Eve Campaign (free rez!) really unfavourable for the Runner to trash.
Or it could make Off the Grid / The Root much cheaper to play.
It would also make Will-O-Wisps ridiculously cheap for their effect.

Hayley seems like she’d be great in decks with lots of dirt cheap items in it.

Has anyone considered Haley with the Stealth rig? Add Replicator for yet more efficiency, and Trade In to pull out a Stealth chip when you need it?

2 Likes

Replicator Hayley was the first instinct for several people, actually. I revised my decklist to include Earthrise Hotel instead of Diesel, because it’s a Resource and can therefore combo with All-Nighter/Same Old Thing.

Still think that some weird shaper variation on Noiseshop is best for her…

2 Likes

I don’t disagree Aesop’s (or some other card recycling) is very powerful. Daily Casts installs Aesop’s along with it is pretty sweet.

1 Like

Aesop’s also lets you pawn off your Beach Party once you’re done drawing with Game Day, so maybe that’s the way to go in combination with Replicator econ. I also really like the idea of a stealth rig to take advantage of the multiple installs.

Was Noiseshop originally a portmanteau of Noise + Personal Workshop, or of Noise + Aesop’s Pawnshop? I’ve always wondered.

1 Like

Aesop’s
i believe

My take on NEARPAD will love Breaker Bay…free rezzes on my Hostile Infrastructures and City Surveillances? Yes please haha

but it has to go in the same server. seems best in foundry, allows you to play something other than NEXT… maybe

Yes, in the server. As it is an upgrade and Hostile and Surveillance are assets it should work just fine.

Pretty certain that’s incorrect - the term didn’t actually show up until Cyber Exodus, so that’s a pretty clear indication :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Noise + Personal Workshop, at least in my area.

4 Likes

anyone else interested in Off-Campus Apartment? almost certainly going to be a Criminal card, unless we see enough good Anarch Connections to make shirking the AoA route worthwhile. maybe add some tempo to ol’ man Iain. set up for giant Calling In Favors quickly (or even faster with Andy I guess). Andy Supplier OFA is sure to be a fun and likely strong casual deck. even get Fall Guy in faction to protect all your homies living in the OFA

1 Like

While I don’t see connections being a huge thing, I don’t think the AoA route has been unreasonable to shirk for a while now, and it’ll certainly be only one of many potential flavors by the time Off-Campus Apartments are even available.

But yeah, pretty excited for it, particularly if the Connections theme is strong in this pack/cycle.