Official Rules Question Thread

The first, I’m 99% sure of this. I think I’ve seen a Lukas discussion about this, but I can’t find it. Can anyone either correct me or find that discussion?

1 Like

I would also appreciate a source for this as well. I haven’t been able to google it.

Here you go:

You would gain the credit since the “if" conditional is fulfilled when the ability resolves.
Hope that helps,
–Lukas Litzsinger Game Designer Fantasy Flight Games

3 Likes

Very tricky. Also a bit not intuitive after Executive Boot Camp + Adonis Campaign ruling…

I assume this refers to not being able rez Adonis with Executive Bootcamp to collect credits immediately?

While initially confusing, the difference becomes clear if you consider that you must immediately choose the order of resolution for abilities triggered at the “when your turn begins” step once you reach this point. Any unrezzed or unplayed cannot be added to the queue, because they were not active for their trigger condition to be met.

In the first example, The Supplier and Underworld Contacts are already in play, thus you add their abilities to the queue (in any order) when your turn begins. Therefore, you can increase link before UC triggers if it is placed 2nd in the queue.

In the second example, the turn begins and Executive Bootcamp triggers to allow you to rez Adonis. However, Adonis cannot trigger because we have already passed the “when your turn begins” step, so it’s trigger condition won’t be met until the following turn. The same would apply if the runner installed a Daily Casts from The Supplier. Credits would not be collected this turn because the card was not active when the turn began.

11 Likes

If I have one unrezzed ice and score a priority req vs Leela, does the ice get bounced before I can Rez it?

when both players have a trigger from the same event, the active player’s triggers always come first, in the order of their choosing.

5 Likes

Here’s a question.

What cards are legal for tournaments? I always assumed Draft cards were legal, provided the card had been printed outside of the draft.

“All Android: Netrunner cards produced by Fantasy Flight Games are legal for tournament play (unless banned).”

However, it’s worth comparing the Draft version of Archives Interface to the one you got in O&C…

If you have a draft Archives Interface, is it legal?

I would wager it’s a “most recent printing” sort of principle, thus making the correct cost 3 (which is a shame, because I personally think the card would have been just fine at 2 :D)

I believe you can play the card but its cost is 3.

Card would still be garbage at 2…

4 Likes

Hey now, it’s a pretty hard counter to 7 Point Shutdown…

Nope, never mind it’s still pretty terrible

Lukas “ruled” on this one on twitter, you are allowed to play the draft version of the card but the cost is till 3

4 Likes

I would like to remove The Future Perfect from the game. All of them. From all the games. :wink:

1 Like

Along the line of … you can never swim in the same river twice…

twin’s behind an oversight AI’d Janus.

What happens. Wording from the twins is “you may reveal and trash another copy of that ice from HQ to force the Runner to encounter the piece of ice just passed again.”

Option a: the ice is trashed. Twins play is irrelevant.
Option b. the piece of ice just passed was a janus with oversite. Corp has a the same timing window to use the twins abilities. Runner encounters the same piece of ice, again.

The ruling was made that the corp trashes the ice, not the runner which must therefore happen in the corp portion of the timing window. But the corp gets to choose the order of execution of actions that occur in the same timing window.

Well there is no longer a “piece of ice just passed” for the Runner to encounter again. Is there a ghost of ICE that somehow The Twins can refer to? Sounds like no, but given my track record on these rules questions that probably means Lucas will rule opposite.

If the piece of ICE is no longer rezzed for any reason the twins can’t fire.

Subroutines are broken in the paid ability window immediately after “when you encounter”. As soon as you break them, OAI trashes the janus. Since there is no longer a rezzed piece of ICE to pass the twins can’t trigger.

4 Likes

The big point is, just to emphasize, that the twins fires in a later window. So they aren’t simultaneous triggers and there’s no ice to encounter again. This is the same for Bioroid Efficiency Research which would derez the ice before the twins checks and the twins looks for a rezzed piece of ice.

Were the triggers simultaneous, the corp would get to pick their order; but they aren’t.

1 Like

But that’s the question gum. If the Corp is the one that trashes the card, he must do so in the Corp portion of the timing windown, no?

Runnerrands breaks in 3.1, passes to corp. Corp has twins.

I think we all agree that without oai in play the twins fires.

I’m just trying to reconcile the recent rulings,
aka itd can fire in same phase as rez, and corp trashes.

Parasite was ruled the runner is trashing… that’s fine happens in the runner section of the timing window, twins cannot work. But oai was ruled the corp istrashing/must trash…

No, they are completely different timing windows.

Here’s how the run goes.

Runner approaches the ICE.

2.3 - Runner can take paid abilities.

Once they pass, Corp can take paid abilities. If the ICE is unrezzed, this is the point at which it can be rezzed. But OAI is in play so it doesn’t apply.

Runner encounters the ICE.

3.1 Runner can take paid abilities including using ice breakers to break subroutines. If the runner breaks all subroutines on the ICE it is trashed due to OAI.

Corp can take paid abilities (but not rez).

3.2 Resolve all unbroken subs on the ICE (if any, obviously not in this case). Then, assuming the run has not ended, the runner continues the run. This is the point at which The Twins fires (pass the ICE). But there is no unrezzed ICE so it cannot trigger.

1 Like