Official Rules Question Thread

Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on?

1 Like

Most likely the ruling for Universal Connectivity Fee and Ghost Runner (I think those are the cards on the ruling…). You can find it on Ancur.

1 Like

Aye, that’s pretty much my source here, along with intuition past there. The ruling mentioned (posted on ANCUR, so unofficial, but comes directly from Lukas. Haven’t bothered to check if it’s in the OFAQ):

Link

Universal connectivity fee does not affect ghost runner if the runner is tagged, so credit pool is disjoint from other credit sources. However, if not tagged, UCF does designate GR as a valid source of losing credits. That said, we know that other sources with credits on them are not subject to credit loss (IE: can’t lose credits off of Armitage Codebusting to cover DNA Tracker), so, logically, there has to be something special about GR that allows this. I’m inferring that it must be the fact that the credits on GR can be used (because, really, there’s nothing else special about it). Following the same chain of thought for NM led to my conclusions above.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

It did, thank you very much for the elaboration.

1 Like

On timing windows: if I hit a snowflake, and then I choose not to Break, is there a window for the corp to Rez a Fumiko before the the subs resolve?

With Mausolus (Mausolus · NetrunnerDB) coming soon, I’m wondering what the interaction is with Wormhole when it’s advanced. I can see it going 3 ways:

1. Wormhole only does the normal text due to not seeing the line about the parantheses.
  2. Wormhole will fire the parentheses text if Mausolus is advanced 3 times.
  3. Wormhole will fire the parentheses text if Wormhole is advanced 3 times as it’s the firing ice.

Anyone know which one of these it is for certain?

No there is no window to rez during encounter, you need to rez at the same time as the ice (just like with caprice). Just look at the timing of the run on ANCUR.

1 Like

Thanks. Was fairly certain that was the case, I just wanted to make sure.

Wormhole resolves the routine on the ICE in question, not copied to Wormhole. So it would be situation (2) in the trio proposed (depends on Mausolus advancement).

From the FAQ:

Wormhole

The subroutine that resolves is not considered to be on Wormhole (e.g. when the Corp uses Wormhole with cards like Data Raven or Viktor 2.0, the power counters are placed on those cards and not Wormhole).

The example they give is a little weak IMO, but I think it serves.

3 Likes

Quick question regarding Black Orchestra :

To fully break DNA Tracker you have to pay 9 credits (because you need to meet the strength requirement before starting to break) or 6 (holding off the “break” part of the paid ability) ?

9, unfortunately!

3 Likes

Suppose I play Accelerated Diagnostic and see Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund, and another AD. Suppose I play the Hedges and then the other AD and reveal Restructure, Restructure, and Reclamation Order. If I play the Restructures and then play the Reclamation Order naming AD, how many of the two ADs that I just played do I get back, 1 or 0? My guess is 0 but I wanted to be sure.

Zero, as the ADs have not fully resolved and thus have not been trashed to be reclaimed.

1 Like

If I am on 2 credits and have a Tech Trader, can I use a Street Peddler to install a 4 cost card?

What else is on Peddler?

Only if you have another card that can be installed with your current credit amount. In other words, you can’t count the tech trader credits when determining if you can Peddler. If there is another card that costs 0-3, then you could use Peddler, gain your credits, then decide which card to install.

2 Likes

So, just to be clear here the card “On the lam”:
Event: Condition • Cost: 3 • Influence: 2
Install On the Lam on a resource as a hosted condition counter with the text “Trash: Avoid up to 3 tags or prevent up to 3 damage.”

They mean trash the host card i.e. the resource, right ?
I have seen some people arguing that the text is referencing the condition, because all other conditions refer to the host “ice” but this text did not refer to the host “resource”

Anyone saw anything official about that ?

The condition counter is the one with the text.

1 Like

Thanks jako.

So you actually trash the condition in this case to prevent the bad stuff, and keep the host safe and sound ?

Yup! Not a very flavorful card, but it certainly seems useful.