Official Rules Question Thread

Yes.
10char

Octgn making me cheat.
More than 10chars

Has there been a ruling on whether or not the Renovation agendas count as rezzed for the purposes of Leela and Queen’s Gambit? The rulebook doesn’t make it explicitly clear if rezzed and face up are different, as rezzing is described as the flipping itself, and states the decks are face down. Wondering if this is an advancing/placing situation.

Nope. Because Lucas doesn’t answer things about cards not yet out/fully revealed, I think.

Hopefully now someone will ask and he’ll answer and we’ll know, though I imagine they probably don’t count as rezzed.

Well, my hip-fire answer would be that you can’t rez an agenda, because it doesn’t have a rez cost. For a parallel, see the rationale on not being able to include out-of-faction agendas “because agendas don’t have an influence cost”.

1 Like

Yeah, the lack of explicit equivalence makes me feel the same. Shame that they would keep some weaknesses of being face down while being revealed.

Yeah, but it’s really only a weakness against Leela. Queen’s Gambit doesn’t do anything to hurt you, the only time it’s even close to “bad” is if you’re already going for overadvancing it and they just grab the money because they couldn’t afford to get in to steal it anyway.

And it’s not like Leela wouldn’t know anyway. Hell, I’d even argue it’s somewhat mitigated by the fact that even if she does bounce it, you got something out of advancing it (money, mills, or other advancement counters), rather than just losing money and time (like you do with every non-renovation agenda Leela bounces).

2 Likes

Short answer: no, I don’t think hosting changes things at all in this regard. So you can’t over-host on Glenn Station without emptying it first, nor can you trash connections on Off-Campus Apartment just because you’re installing something new.

I believe you could trash any ice on Awakening Center when installing any new cards in that server (including more upgrades or an asset/agenda), and, conversely, you can trash any other cards in the server when you install a piece of ice on Awakening Center, since we know from other rulings that the ice hosted ice are “in” (rather than “protecting”) the server:

[quote=“Core Rulebook pg 13”]
When installing a card in a server, the corporation can first trash any cards already installed in that server.[/quote]

ETA: I’m having second thoughts about Glenn Station, only because of the Awakening Center/Tenma Line/non-Bioroid ice ruling. I can see a reading of the rules that would allow you to take the click action to host, and then the “single card” hosting restriction would force you to trash either the old card or the new card.

2 Likes

Ok, this is something that I was very sure about but then someone made me totally and utterly confused. Taurus has 1 subroutine:
Trace2– If successful, trash a piece of hardware. If your trace strength is 5 or greater, trash a piece of hardware.
The second sentence ONLY happens if the trace is successful, right? Or I increase the strength by 3 (it becomes 5) and the runner pays 5 to elude the trace and I still get to trash 1 hardware?

The second sentence is independent of the first. Taurus will trash something if the trace is 5, and if the trace wins.

3 Likes

There’s basically four ways the sub can turn out once you get it to fire:

1. Corp loses the trace and pumped it by 2 or less - 0 pieces trashed
  • Corp loses the trace and pumped it by 3 or more - 1 piece trashed
  • Corp wins the trace and pumped it by 2 or less - 1 piece trashed
  • Corp wins the trace and pumped it by 3 or more - 2 pieces trashed

Hope that makes it a bit clearer (otherwise, what @Dragar said).

3 Likes

Don’t forget the variations on this introduced by Disrupter. :wink:

2 Likes

You’ll never get it to fire anyway, it’s only 3 to break with Gingerbread.

18 Likes

I have a question concerning Crick. If the subroutine fires I can install a card from archives. Now I was wondering

1. Is it possible to install an ICE behind Crick that the runner encounters after Crick? (I guess not because usually ICE is installed at the outermost place - but then again, I am not getting so many things right that I might oversee some rule that makes an exception for Crick.)

2. Is it possible to trash Crick and install an ICE in its place - and if yes: Does the runner have to interact with it or not?

Thanks for helping me out.

You always install Ice in the outermost position unless the card text says otherwise. You can trash Crick to install an Ice from archives in it’s place. The runner will not encounter that ice.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt and concise answer!

If you have two pieces of ICE and Crick is the outermost, you can trash both and then the runner has to encounter the new ICE (or jackout).

What if you only trash the innermost ICE, and Crick changes position from outer to inner ICE. Does the runner encounter the same Crick again? This could also happen with Architect, come to think of it.

Timing structure of a run ; ( https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/android-netrunner/support/FAQ/Android-Netrunner%20FAQ.pdf ) ; The Runner APPROACHES the outermost piece of ice not already approached on the attacked server.
You already approached Crick in this run , so you won’t approach it again.

Someone already asked this question to Lucas and it will be in the next FAQ update.

4 Likes

Hmm, that doesn’t sound right… well I suppose it would be how the rules as written work, but I can’t imagine that’s an intended result.