Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament!

Role: Mentee
Time zone: IST/GMT+5.5
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve: General learning (Runner, MaxX and Valencia)

Played a lot in 2015, was far better with Corp (4-1 at SGP nationals) than Runner (2-3). Now looking to choose a Runner between these two and focus on improving.

Time: PST GMT-7
Need all kinds of general help
Have not yet used any sharing programs
Not available for voice chat

I’ll try this again, I guess. I got paired with someone as a peer mentor/mentees, but we never actually managed to get to play together. So, here’s another try, with updated info:

Time zone: US Eastern
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes, enthusiastically yes. I’d really like to be able to chat with people while I play. Skype, Hangouts, anything is fine.
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: Pretty much anything. One of my biggest problems is, frankly, going on tilt after, like, the second turn. In general, I’d like to learn how to deal with suboptimal hands and how to claw victory out of the clutches of defeat. I’m very bad against kill decks of all sorts, also glacier decks. I’m just really bad at Netrunner, basically. I’ve had a lot of fun playing kill decks lately (PE, 49 card IG, convenience shop) as well as FA. I’m not very experienced with glacier on the Corp side, either, and could learn that as well, I suppose.

Time zone: GMT
Area where you think you need to improve: Complete beginner, so, er, everywhere :slight_smile:

Anyone who’s ok with having somebody who’s a bit rusty at Netrunner to help out as a mentor, I’m in GMT+1 but very flexible with times. Send me a PM if interested

1 Like

Time Zone: GMT -4 , I’m currently most available morning / during the day so other time zones work
Able to use voice chat?: Yes!
Area(s) where I think need to improve: I’ve been playing casual Netrunner for the past 2 years (1st year kitchen table, this past year a very small local meta with a few small tournaments sprinkled in) and I feel like I need more consistent higher-level play to improve my game overall. I’m pretty sure my weaker side is Corp, especially glacier. I am more confident with Runner fundamentals, but I feel that I have trouble with the balancing act between pressuring the corp and building my boardstate.
Overall I feel like my play has stagnated and I have some bad habits that I can’t see on my own. Also netrunner is awesome and I’m looking have some fun analyzing plays and hopefully improving!

Hello, I was looking to be a mentee for this. I’ve been playing for almost a year, but I really want to improve and would really like some lessons from an experienced player. I like to play criminal and jinteki and am very interested in getting good with Leela. I live in mountain time (arizona). Please let me know if there’s anything else I need to do to find someone. Thanks.

Gonna repost this just to let people know there are still Mentors without Mentees!
Was fun playing and teaching A:NR for the couple people that I had as Mentees a couple months ago.

Role: Mentor
Time zone: Afternoon-Evenings of European times.
Area where you think you have some particular expertise:

• Jinteki expert. Mind-games and how to bluff properly included.
  • Out of the box deckbuilding advice. (not just junk, but junk that works and will have your opponents nagging day and night)
  • Bringing the extraordinary. Secret Tech. Catching your opponents off-guard.
  • Advanced netrunner with all combos since the beginning of the game and how to counter them with most things available within each faction.

ALSO: Extra, good fun and good laughs all around. I’m willing to even analyze certain games together with you if you want me to. We can talk about what a player could have done better, or what could have been different.

Pew pew. (Jinteki fans preferred :smiley: )

2 Likes

Still available as mentor. GMT+1 but very flexible with available times. Send me a PM on here if interested.

2 Likes

Also available as mentor. If you want to learn Weyland, look no further.
Particularly experienced with rush+kill decks (good old Supermodernism).
Time Zone is GMT+1, located in Germany and available on Skype or Slack.

#MakeWeylandGreatAgain

2 Likes

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but what the hey:

Time zone: UK
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I posted a thread here with some discussion about what I’m struggling with.

Thanks to tvaduva for pointing me in the direction of this thread.

2 Likes

Would help out, but I’m in a completely different time zone (EST, or UTC -0500), and it won’t work unless it’s evenings for you, afternoons for me, or mornings for me, and afternoons for you. If you can’t find someone else and you can’t make this work, I’d be glad to help out for a little while, but I hope someone closer can get to you on this.

What times/days of week are you looking for?

Thanks for the offer GwiLo, but yeah you’re probably right that timezones would be tricky. Very kind of you to offer though, I will get in touch if I’m not fruitful elsewhere, I guess depending on how quickly you can get online after finishing work, it could be possible for you to be online then and it be late evening for me perhaps.

I’m quite flexible to be honest. I work from home 4 days a week so can do most times and days. Ideally evenings and weekends, but otherwise I can work around someone else’s schedule for the most part.

Topping this thread. Ajar’s Worlds report is reminding me how much I want/need coaching and this seems the best way to do that. The mentor/mentee idea was great but I never met with my co-mentor/mentee, and also I’m at a level of play where it’s a bit awkwardly middle-of-the-road — I can win a SC, easily finish middle-of-the-pack in bigger tournaments (6-6 at Worlds this year, my top finish was 23rd this year at GenCon), etc. but would like to push my play further. I could mentor a newer player too, but I’m really seeking out someone to help me move forward.

Not sure if this is the best place to seek out a coach/mentor to help with that, but that’s what I’m doing! I can even “pay” you for your time with custom acrylic alts/tokens/etc.

5 Likes