Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART V

Hello Netrunner Universe,

I am very excited to announce the fifth Official SimHack OCTGN League. We are happy that we can continue the league for this great community!

First and foremost here, while OCTGN is a great interface, please do your homework and know how to use OCTGN prior to entering any league games.

OCTGN is not entirely intuitive, but thankfully Tuism (from BGG) made an excellent easy to use OCTGN GUIDE.

We will be using http://www.challengeboards.net/ as our league host.

You will need to “register” for BOTH the website and for the specific league. The league is called The Official Stimhack League - V

The Password for the league is “Benischamp” remove airquotes. We decided to add a password to avoid the few nasty players we encounter every league.

Please make your names on OCTGN, Stimhack, and the league website as close to the same as possible to avoid confusion for your opponents!

The league will start 07/05/2015 and conclude 08/28/2015.

When you start a league game, just make sure you have “SHL5” in the title. It will deter non league players, and let other Stimhack league players you are looking for a game.

There will be no minimum or maximum number of games you can play. Play anytime, as much as you like. The winner will report the game, and loser will have 36 hours to “reject” the game if there is a discrepancy.

It’s also nice if you are the loser to go ahead and “verify” the loss, this will speed along the scoring of the game.

You are not required to play a full match, playing only one side is ok. Although to keep in the spirit of Netrunner please mix up who you play and which side you play as much as possible.

Play any legal decks you like. For simplicity sake, if the cards are “rezzed” on OCTGN, then they are available for league play.

If you do an SHL5 game request, you have to accept all who want to play and are in the league. You do not have to play two games. If you want to play certain players, make a private game

We use an ELO system, and will do a Top 4 end tourney after the league to decide the ultimate winner.

If you have any troubles ingame, make screenshots of the full incident so we can see what happened (be as informative as possible). We hope we can avoid trouble, but will deal with it if needed.

We know the trouble with ELO and the current Challengeboard site. So far, we have not found a reliable alternative. We are open to suggestions for a next league…

Prizes:The ultimate winner will get a special forum badge signifying their victory in the league. Additionally the winner gets a pack of netrunner sleeves… If you want to donate, feel free to PM us.

I think that about does it. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns here at the forums

14 Likes

“accept”

Congrats, you found the mistake I added on purpose!

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

How does the password help avoid nasty players?

Anyway, In. Gonna try to learn to OCTGN this summer. Will be my first stimhack league, so go easy on me.

3 Likes

So, I’m guessing jinteki.net is not allowed?

Gonna try to learn to OCTGN this summer

I’d be happy to show you the ropes, it’s not bad once you get used to it.

1 Like

As I am. Keep up the great work, and keep the OCTGNs going!

3 Likes

Been learning OCTGN over the past couple weeks (thanks to a couple really helpful OCTGN Runners who were patient!), so think I’ll give this league a go!

In again, now that regionals are over and I’m not doing nationals, its OCTGN time!

Also, I’m pretty sure they’re not air quotes if they’re typed out.

3 Likes

I tried tomisourhero. It got rejected: “this password is not correct”

1 Like

Lets do this nerds.

1 Like

Cool. Add me to the list of first time participants.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I’ve already got @groober and bewnt lined up to teach me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey guys, I suck at netrunner, but cannot join the board. What’s wrong?^^

3 Likes

New password is “Benischamp”.

So you need TWO people to explain it to you? You’re from the UK, right?

/SHL5 diss

1 Like

Three, it turns out. Had to drag @Xenasis into the mix as well.

2 Likes

Do they help you pee too? :wink:

I think @tomdidiot has confused my offer of giving him a ‘schooling’ with an offer to help him learn to play ANR virtually.

6 Likes