Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART V

Wait, your telling me I actually won this game? :smiley:
Edit: got it, batty fires architect, to play nisei naked since it was my last click. Hehe. GG.

this is really sad @ItJustGotRielle
that server is double Ashed and it is a pri-req. But I think if you spent another 4 you will get it

My octgn never crashed before and somehow it happened during the most important turn. really upset :worried:

2 Likes

Heh, and it possibly will continue to crash from time to time if devs won’t do a fix. I have a feeling those crashes started to appear since the update which introduced the amazing (i.e. the dummest) feature - “OCTGN is lagging” popup window.

2 Likes

Player Malafiel, you get a warning for quiting a game with no valid reason. We don’t want that.

1 Like

@Giesch sorry for the crash. Seems like the league is over for me. 2 crashes in 3 games is not the ratio I enjoy… :confused:

Regarding the result I think it would be fair to declare it no contest regarding the board state, but if you want to report a win i will gladly verify.

Just filed a support ticket. Seems I was right that the problem was introduced with the “OCTGN is lagging” popup update.

Here is the relevent part of the log, if anyone is interested.

I suggest we save ourselves any further frustration and wait until this bug gets resolved.

7 Likes

Nice research into the matter, @Apo, and thank you for spreading the word around.

I appreciate your time and effort. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’d love to say my reasons were altruistic, but the truth is I’m a junkie and need my ANR fix.

6 Likes

No worries. My fencing teacher said something similar. He taught new people to fence, not so they would be improved or anything, but so “I have more people to play with.”

Even in giving, I’m generous because it makes me feel good. Who cares about other people! :smile:

Whoa this started? See you, sirs, at the hustings!

Normally not one of these guys, but he said ‘brb someone at door’ at about 830

10 minutes later was his message about jinteki

i quit and made these screenshots… well you can see the time stamp. this was an unreasonable amount of time to wait, so i didnt. i wanted to make dinner ~_~

i am 4 to 0 ahead, we both have money, he had 8 cards left in rd. he has lines to win, but i think im ahead. should i report as a win, or just null it out? im really displeased since this was my first set of the new season and this happens.

~_~ What y’all think?

edit - Everything made sense after the fact. All good.

I think @argamas has to be the judge but I think you are right to ask for the win. For what its worth, I played @Yeoda last night and he was a really nice guy.

2 Likes

Hey I tried to find you on OCTGN.

So so sorry. my relatives are flying out and the taxi lady came and she had carpel tunnel… and my mother in law has two bad knees. Had to help get some luggage into the taxi car. Please report a win and I’ll verify.

Again, i’m real sorry.*

6 Likes

That is def more important than a game on the internet. We’ll get a game 3 sometime and finish that matchup for real.

Sorry if i sounded mean about the situation. Just explain if something like that happens, so i know whats going on. ^^

3 Likes

Honestly I expected you to be meaner, and I wouldn’t have thought any less of you… I was really interested to see how it ended. R&D had Ash, future perfect, and hades shard. The double advance was a fetal AI. Hq had Napd, future perfect, and 2 snares, and in the big mound of archives junk was 1 fetal but also all shocks and a Shi kyu. I think that accounts for all agendas. One more fetal at bottom of r&d.

Super fun game. Wish I could have finished.

3 Likes

Great you came to a solution. :clap:

If you start a game, you must finish it, or face the consequences.

However, there are also unique circumstances. Inform your opponent if they apply. We have a great community and 9 out of 10 times people get a satisfying solution. Really, in any situation, talk to eachother, don’t assume!

That’s why I love doing these leagues :smile:

4 Likes

Started off for a good start, 4-0, then lost one game due to being too cheeky. But I feel good things about this season! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yesterday I played one of the craziest games I’ve ever had vs @Halarith’s RP. When I was 0-4, I went for the hail mary run to steal TFP, I won the PSI game but got my whole rig blown up by Ichi 1.0. Lost both of my Katis and was basically relying on clicking for creds and the few events that I had left in my stack. Later on, a surprise escher turned out to be a boss, however, I didn’t have enough money in the end to steal an NAPD that could’ve won me the game. I had to click for creds. When there were like just a few cards left, I made a run on rnd and got the Ichi 1.0 last subroutine fire with only 1 card in hand, then dodged the lethal Batty PSI game, only to see NAPD v.v Well, when he installed it, I could only do a hail mary run again, clicking through the lethal subroutines of 2 ichis but getting my rig in the trash. Didn’t see anything, though, and lost the game. It was SOO funny! Total trashed caprice count: 3.

After such a first game of the season, I’m definitely hungry for more :smile: I’m really glad we have such a great and welcoming community, I’m honored to be a part of it. Heads up for Halarith, a really nice guy!

5 Likes

You were awesome to play against, and that was by far one of my favorite games. Even as RP! That almost never happens! Seriously, loved playing against you and glad we both enjoyed that absurd sequence.

2 Likes

A guy named teky or something joined my SHL game and we split a pair of games. I reported a win against “tekygaming” on challengeboards, but haven’t seen the game I lost reported, and now I’m wondering if the person I played wasn’t actually a SHL player. I searched the users on stimhack for “tek” and found nothing, so I dunno who “tekygaming” is here, but if you are not the person I played on OCTGN then please reject the match I reported. And if you are the person I played on OCTGN then please report your win against me :wink: