Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART V

This is kinda unfortunate if you want to use SHL matches as practice for tournaments in the near future…

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s not really available for practice until D&D comes out.

Make it clear: lf game: shl - no D&D

Nobody forces you to do anything.

1 Like

It’s rather fortunate if you want to use SHL matches as practice for Worlds… :wink:

@koichinakano reported like a win a game, when i decked him with noise (he scored the future perfect without cards in r/d. Very strange. Actually i should be the last player in the league and is sad stealing games for poor people like me.

Man it’s all good, I wasn’t paying much attention and I thought that I won without decking.
Sorry if I reported the game wrong, it’s only been a mistake.
I’m not the kind of person who steals games from others, I’m really sorry that this happened but please don’t make such a fuss over this; you’ve already rejected it, it’s all good.

1 Like

Oh don’t worry, i wasn’t upset at all. I was laughing of my low level in the league (and in general).

1 Like

Is T4 based on official standings at midnight? I decided to make a last minute run on it and got into fourth, but I can’t tell if it’s going to update or not. Last game was reported at 11:45 and resolved at 11:47 :stuck_out_tongue:

I expect they’ll wait until all “unofficial” games become “official”, and then note the final rankings.

There was a problem with your match:
This challenge board has ended.

Woops, 2 extra wins down the drain! :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats. I had my eye on OCTGN to see if anyone was going to try and pass me but I ended up going to sleep around 11pm. :wink:

1 Like

Haha, sorry dude.

New strategy for SHL: Get within range (5-10), don’t play for a month, then last minute play the minimum games you need to t4 :stuck_out_tongue:

So much easier than actually earning and defending a spot, Elo systems solved!

1 Like

My plan is to set a record for most number of top 4 appearances without actually winning it. Wish me luck.

5 Likes

i, too, managed to sneak in there at the last moment

4 Likes

I’m just wondering if I can get a consolation prize of a forum title, “Terrible at Netrunner.”

You aren’t terrible! Don’t get down on yourself–SHL is the toughest place to play netrunner games–everyone on there is really good.

Just keep playing and learning.

I also recommend, if you aren’t doing so already, netdecking some standard “tier 1” decks, to get a feel why they work so well.

4 Likes

Do it for Britannia :).

1 Like

I’d like a change of plans.

with a bit of luck, a bit of skill, who knows what could happen!

It looks like we will get a final on September 6th. Anyone willing to stream?

So, I want you to know, I will not organise a new SHL. I had fun doing it but I feel my energy for the league is fading. Thank you all for the great games and we will certainly see eachother on OCTGN again

21 Likes