Order and Chaos Corp Card Evaluation

D4v1d spamming and cutlery is a hard splash in Anarch too, lol. My decks currently have room for 3 clone chips and 1 d4v1d. It’s clear in the upcoming meta I will want 2 D4vids, but I have to cut already light econ or go to 2 parasites to fit it.

1 Like

It’s really great how Weyland finally has a full spread of relevant ICE all across types. Love it!

Why durdle when you can build on the runner’s turn.

This was exactly what I tried first - porting some of the interesting lessons of BS Glacier over into Space BWBI. Problem is, Ash seems to run counter to what Space Ice is best at - namely, being fully operational at zero credits*. So I’m thinking, Caprice as a scoring mechanism, perhaps?

*boy, do all those fancy new Siphon+Eater+Keyhole Anarchs hate this stuff :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know - I’ve been having good luck with splashed adonises in the scoring remote while I top off the space ice - being operational at zero credits is a perk, but not ideal. the best part is being able to make a a single pile of cash last a lot longer, as you’re only spending it on ash…

Caprice could be strong, ofc, and I think red herrings is worth mentioning, at least: it’s an unexpected splash that often acts as a 1-credit ash given how insanely expensive these ICE can be to break.

Ultimately, I think we’ll need to see how their performance holds up over time: right now I think runners are hesitant to slot in cards for what might be a niche build, which may be making it seem stronger than it really is.

??? What are you taking about? I was asking about Space Camp.

What is the general consensus about Housekeeping? As good as it seems, I’m having difficulty pinning down the best deck for it.

ah, sorry - when you asked, “are you going for any special synergy with space camp” I thought you meant synergy with firmware updates since that’s what your post started out with.

Space camp is very powerful but I don’t think it’s worth the deckslots unless you have some good reason to protect archives… I’m currently running it with great success in IG (or, as great success as IG can have so far) and I could possibly envision an RP or tennin build that took advantage of making archives checking punishing. In-faction, I don’t know that weyland can field good enough no-advance threats to convince runners to reliably check your bluffs; I definitely see this as a high impact splash in trap/bluff decks.

1 Like

I really think they dropped the ball on Government Takeover, especially the limit 1 per deck thing.

I would have loved to see something more like World Domination

In general I feel that the Corp part of Order & Chaos feels a lot weaker as in comparison to the Runner part.

2 Likes

If they had printed nothing but wormhole, they’d have significantly improved weyland. The Weyland ICE is pretty good. I’m so glad they didn’t print a TFP strength boring agenda for W.

2 Likes

meh, it’s all relative. I think it just feels like the runner side was stronger b/c they were in so much worse shape to start with. There are a lot of strong cards that will be going into great decks for a long time to come on the Weyland side; just not so many “omg this fixes our entire faction” cards since Weyland didn’t really need fixing ;D

1 Like

High-Risk Investment is great. Sure it’s a 5/3, but once you’ve scored it it’s beautiful. The best strategies against glacier and SEA Scorched include moneying up, and this just beats that.

4 Likes

I literally have no idea how to make a working Gagarin deck. Has anyone made a Gagarin deck that even remotely resembles something?

Upgrades + Space ICE, single remote. Scorching optional.

Things that I’d expect to work great with Gagarin:

• Red Herrings
  • Ash
  • Strongbox
  • Twins
  • Satellite Grid

Also, big agendas and Utopia Fragment.

2 Likes

Doesn’t really help though to just post some pictures…if you don’t see the difference between World Domination and Beale, then there’s no room for discussion between us two.

1 Like

that’s some dope artwork

greg staples!!

1 Like

Upgrades on a scoring remote will never add up by themselves to a compelling reason to play Gagarin. Charging the runner an extra 4 or 5 credits credits over the course of a game is not enough, especially when they know they’re going to have to pay that small premium. I think you’ve got to go a bit horizontal, 1 credit to check that facedown PAD Campaign or Daily Business Show and that’ll be 5 to trash when you come back.

I think it’s fallacious to assume you’ll double-dip because they won’t keep that 1 credit in mind in the first place. Going vertical has the advantage of piling on the access tax into one run, on your terms, under one defensive umbrella. It comes down to timing and work compression - PADs and DBSes you can trash at your own leisure (with certain tradeoffs in mind), whereas with a card in an upgraded scoring remote the tradeoffs of not checking are much bigger, usually.You have this one turn, in which you have to get into the server, deal with all the upgrades, and possibly strip them from said remote.

1 Like

Is RSVP an automatic 3-of in Gagarin? It’s effectively a 3 rez, 4 strength code gate with an ETR on any remote, which seems like it could be really good. Also, most runners tend not to prioritize getting out their decoders until they actually need them, so you could make the occasional early rush agenda behind an RSVP…I might have to try this.

3 Likes

Yeah, one big remote also means that bad pub or desperado don’t just nullify your ID, they have to handle eeeverything.

The problem is that most of the really nice upgrades for that remote aren’t in-faction, which is slightly awkward with splashing.

1 Like

Here’s the “Upgrades” section of my current draft:

Upgrade (9)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••
1x Caprice Nisei (Double Time) ••••
3x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
2x Red Herrings (Core Set) ••••
2x Satellite Grid (Order and Chaos)

I think you want to rush the first agenda, and after that it all comes down to the Atlas/Interns duo.