Order and Chaos Corp Card Evaluation

Congrats!
How did you do it?

Mushin and slow-roll, probably.

1 Like

Breaker trash PE. You want to install your programs and try to survive damage? Well now life just got a little harder.

5 Likes

Yeah, I let it sit there with 4 counters for like 8 turns or so while defending from possible siphon, then casually put 2 more counters on. This came after 2 previous games against the same player where they flatlined on 4-adv junebug and 3-adv ghost branch + double DRT + scorch.

3 Likes

Yeah, lost badly to this type of argus deck badly while taking my siphon MaxX for a spin last night. First game hit a 12 advanced Junebug. The fear of the takeover is real. Second game hit a psychic field then got scorched to death.

I used junebug in NEH with the same effect. Won my fair share of games by faking a slow beale advance.

I’m trying to come up with a Gagarin deck that uses Red Herrings to tax and score agendas, but I feel pretty unsatisfied with this list. Any tips? The RSVP idea is a pretty decent alternative.

The idea is to make a 3+ iced scoring remote, initially with The Root then agendas. Along with some drip economy on iceless remotes and paywall implementation. Nothing that will generate BP.

Gagarin

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (7)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (6)

Operation (12)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (2)

Multi (1)

• 1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The Giraffes strike me as a supremely wasteful use of influence, especially since you have no way to leverage piles of money into a winning condition. At the very least, I’d ditch those for Restructures and go for three Ashes. Another good use of that influence could be said RSVPs.

With Refineries and Beanstalks, I don’t think the PADs make too much sense, you’re just giving all those NEH-optimized runners naked remotes to abuse against you, which sorta runs counter to the “stack 'em high and starve 'em of credits” basic idea. You’ll already need an iced remote for DBS and/or Root, which means you’re tragically short on ICE already… like, 13 pieces just won’t cut it in The Age Of Cutlery™

Also, your Enigma:Wormhole ratio is reversed, and I’d go for the third Hive over the singleton Belt.

2 Likes

I think you have too little ice for a taxing deck hoping to score agendas in remotes. Definitely needs at least 16-17, maybe more if you’re really playing a long game. I’d cut the technician team and some combination of GRNDL refineries / beanstalks. You’re not struggling for money.

I’d use 3 NAPDs in this kind of deck, just to go all-in on the taxing agendas theme; forcing the runner to pay 10 to steal NAPD with red herrings on is pretty funny. Really though its hard to buy this deck over a Blue Sun glacier using ash instead of herrings.

2 Likes

Excellent advice, both of you. I’ll continue working on it.