Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

Album (courtesy of Reddit) - https://imgur.com/a/dh4z3

5 Likes

Awesome. So it seems that Steelskin is actually ā€œIā€™ve Had Worseā€, and Iā€™m salivating at the idea of a Gravedigger + ICE destruction build.

A lot of the cards are a bit light on the flavour text, but I really like that Fire Wall calls back to Ice Wall. I have a feeling that Iā€™ve seen the text on The Twins somewhere beforeā€¦

Iā€™m glad to see that key ideas from earlier cycles are going to be kept around - illicit ICE, currents and such.

4 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to keep calling it Steelskin. :confused:

Man, all that advanceable ice is making me want to try Because We Built It. SEND HELP

4 Likes

Found this on the facebookgroup. The differences in the names of certain cards could be a trick from ffg (also see chopbot). Can somebody confirm this?

3 Likes

Another name change: Accounting is now Housekeeping. I like that artā€¦

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate the name Mark Yale? I think it might be the WASP-iest name possible.

3 Likes

I think the art for the game is improving every set. I really like Eater and even though Iā€™ve Had Worse is an awkward name to say, the art is pretty baller.

4 Likes

This will be my first new release, as I just started playing a couple of weeks ago. This new set looks awesome! I donā€™t really need any new cards, as Iā€™m still wading thru everything - but I know I will end up buying it anyway hahaha.

1 Like

I like the art on Progenitor a lot.

2 Likes

And for the (few) doubters out there, Government Takeover is real.

Yes! Time for some 6 point diagnostics combos!

4 Likes

I canā€™t imagine a competitive deck actually running that card, but I get it.

Hey, if you get a Utopia Fragment scored first, it can get really expensive to steal!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sad this agenda is limited to 1.
Where are my 5 agenda deck like in original netrunner ? I WANT MY TYCHO EXTENSION BACK !

4 Likes

The flavor text on MemStrips also mentions Princess Space Kitten. So, could she be an upcoming Anarch? How does everyone feel about that?

Iā€™m honestly not sure thereā€™s much to feel until we know if she exists and what she does.

If FFG prints a Princess Space Kitty and its a Runner, I donā€™t know if there is another runner I would ever play.

7 Likes

When Breaker Bay was announced some people said that the cyberpunk universe should be darker, and that cards like Beach Party and Game Day shouldnā€™t be on this darker universe. So Iā€™m not sure how these people would feel if we get an Anarch runner named Princess Space Kitten.

3 Likes

Gotcha. I think thereā€™s always place for a little bit of humor in the game, even in a darker universe. Besides, what a runner chooses to call themselves is up to them and their personality, and doesnā€™t really effect the darkness of the world ā€“ after all, the world darkness is up to what happens within it, not necessarily the characters in the cast. And in one of the best Cyberpunk books Iā€™ve ever read, the hero calls himself The Delivernator for the first few chapters until we learn his actual name: Hiro Protagonist. It jumps the shark in so many ways, but the book is phenomenal.

So yeah, I guess what Iā€™m saying is Iā€™m 100% okay with a ā€œPrincess Space Kittenā€ somewhere out there in the world.

2 Likes

I still surmise that Princess Space Kitten will be in the same pack as Casting Call and a probably Hollywood-themed NBN identity.

I just want SHIFT, the HB sports division. I would play the shit out of that.