Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

I hear Princess Space Kitten, and think Lumpy Space Princess. I refuse to correct this habit.

One of the really cool things about Android Netrunner is that it really isnā€™t very cyber-punk at all: itā€™s cyber-noir, set against a background with a refreshing amount of tech optimism. Anarchs vs. Weyland is the purest punk matchup :), so bring on the Order and Chaos!

8 Likes

The happy go lucky parts of sansan are probably the darkest. Imagine those perfect neighborhoods that have all the quaint little houses. Each one harboring itā€™s own dirty little secret. Thereā€™s something eerie about how perfect everything is. Sorta stepford wives meets edward scissor hands, meets that one town in Fallout 3.

1 Like

to people who complain about anr universe being too posi, slam out the new Housekeeping on the table and walk out

2 Likes

Do people really think that? It seems like UCBB is a major funnel into the megacorps we know and love (apparently Jinteki, at least, judging by Recruiting Trip), and thereā€™s some more interesting stuff going on under the easygoing west-coast facade. Not so unlike Stanford and the Valley today.

Actually, as an SF resident, I find the flavor Iā€™ve seen from this cycle so far to be pretty entertaining, and Iā€™m looking forward to more of it.

3 Likes

Princess space kitten? What about g00ru? He has a lot of flavor text entries

1 Like

I canā€™t really confirm it as far as FFG goes, but I can say with certainty that Games Workshop has done this sort of thing in the past to flush out leaksā€¦ changing the names of things distributed to playtesters to flush out the leakers.

At least it puts to rest some of the debate Iā€™ve seen on these being ā€œofficial hype-building leaksā€ by FFG.

1 Like

Also Ele ā€œSmokeā€ Scobiak :).

Also, Harbringer is now Gravedigger.

1 Like

just got a voicemail from my LGS saying my Order & Chaos is there an waiting. stoked! of course, I wonā€™t actually be able to play with these cards, but I can at least hold them in my hand and know they are real

1 Like

Finally got the new set! Our venue had a big order last week and it ended up getting pushed back, so they just got them in today.

Not really sure why Iā€™m this excited, but maybe because itā€™s my first ā€œnew releaseā€ in this game.

Iā€™m trying to work out if Breeding Ground is strong. It seems like it forces a purge whenever you play an Imp, or you get a new Imp token for a click. But is a purge worth playing that card? And thatā€™s a best case sort of scenario.

Itā€™s mostly a progenitor/Hivemind support card, as far as I can tell.

Itā€™s also decent with Parasites, as youā€™re guaranteed to be able to trigger it there. Theoretically also Incubator I guess, though that sounds more like a ā€œHivemind without Progenitor after a purgeā€ kind of deal, more than anything else.

1 Like

I could see it being useful with medium as well, if R&D is moderately costly to run. Run once, put a counter on, pass the turn. If they donā€™t purge, you can get 4 accesses next turn (move a token, then run), and if they do, you arenā€™t out that many resources, and can do the same thing again.

Something like this?

Identity: Anarchs: Noise

Cards: 43 / 45
Influence: 15 / 15

Event (18)
3x Day Job
3x Deja Vu
3x Inject
3x Scavenge ā—ā—ā—ā—ā—ā—
3x Steelskin
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip ā—ā—ā—ā—ā—ā—
2x Grimoire

Program (20)
3x Cache ā—ā—ā—
3x D4v1d
1x Darwin
3x Datasucker
1x Hivemind
3x Imp
1x Incubator
1x Medium
1x Nerve Agent
3x Parasite

2 slots remaining which could be 2 Surge, 2 Progenitor (Darwin and Hivemind) or Djinn to fetch those singletons. Iā€™m leaning towards Djinn because Iā€™m only running a single Darwin, but perhaps Inject/Steelskin is enough to get me there quickly enough.

Then again, perhaps Darwin isnā€™t even necessary most of the time since the plan is to set up a big Hivemind turn, so Surge/Progenitor could be better.

Iā€™ve been looking at Hivemind/Progenitor too. Progenitor is a ā€˜nice to haveā€™ but it seems vulnerable to shutdown. Hivemind seems useless without it, or without such a substantial mess of moving parts (a loaded Incubator, a ready Medium, a pile of cash to access R&D) that the corp will have won long before that point. Has anyone found differently?

Best shutdown tech - a pawn that serves no other purpose. It just sits there, going ā€˜go ahead, shut down me broā€™

2 Likes

Sorta. Definitely want the Djinns, in my opinion - if you donā€™t pack 'em, youā€™ll want more Incubators. I would try to fit at least a second one in anyway, as thatā€™s your super-awesome play, and you want to be able to do it twice without burning a CC for it, or having to use a Scavenge many turns in advance.

Actually, I suspect an Incubator is the only support piece Hivemind really needs. It can just sit there, accruing tokens, daring the corp to risk one more turn without a purge. After you do your power turn, they pretty much have to purge, or be completely screwed. If you time this right (say, after an IAA into a remote), you put the corp into an extremely bad position. Iā€™ve had a guy do this exact same thing to me right after The Source came out - it was a weaker version of the power turn, because he just incubated a Medium, rather than getting instant STR 7+ parasiting and a super-fed Medium AND a Nerve Agent, but it still forced a purge (and since Iā€™m not stupid and saw it coming, periodical purges before that, whenever the Incubator got too big).

The two cards I really want to use with Hivemind are Demo Run and Showing Off, btw :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there a mass install play here? Install Hive Mind, Medium, Medium with Grimoire youā€™re now on 7 accesses in your first R&D run. If you have surge itā€™s just game over. Is this even slightly feasible as a game plan?

I guess there could be a Valencia version of this with Blackmail. Or some other way of keeping all the other ICE manageable/unrezzed (vamp).

2 Likes