Paige Piper Exile

An Exile deck with synergies based on Paige Piper. Paige is mostly used to reliably get your programs in the heap, but she also helps eliminate Magnum Opus and Astrolabe dead draws.

Once set up it plays like Blitz Kate. It is slightly slower, but it can threaten particular glacier remotes better, such as Bootcamp Glacier or anything involving Tollbooth.

Weak against NEH due to a couple turns of set up time. Mopus is historically great for trashing assets, but I could also see it being weak if corp assets reach a critical mass.

I just started testing, so I’m not sure of the deck’s competitive ceiling, but I think this is definitely the most comprehensive archetype for Exile in a while.

Basic card choices:

1x Legwork: to add some level of HQ multi. This could be clot if the NEH match up proves to be particularly bad.

1x Levy: just in case you run out of recursion.

1x Stimhack: generally strong in shaper, good for heavy glacier environment, works with clone chip.

1x Utopia Shard: kill protection, further HQ multi.

Breakers: Blitz Kate breakers with Femme as a general means of getting in. Weakness against multiple high strength sentries stacked.

Kati vs Daily Casts: these two compete for the slot. Kati is more money by volume, and works with Paige, but I think she competes with Opus for clicks. The deck can take a few turns to get going, so I settled on Casts instead.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Paige Piper Exile

Exile: Streethawk

Event (16)
3x Diesel
1x Legwork ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access
1x Retrieval Run ••
3x Scavenge
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run

Hardware (8)
3x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip
2x R&D Interface

Resource (9)
3x Daily Casts
3x Paige Piper ••••• •
2x Same Old Thing
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (9)
3x Cerberus “Lady” H1
3x Cyber-Cypher
3x Femme Fatale •••

Program (3)
3x Magnum Opus

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Just a quick note on strategy for those looking to try the deck. You should hardly ever install programs from hand. Mostly seek to overdraw and dump programs, then use recursion to trigger Exile. That might not be obvious for those unfamiliar with Exile’s play style. Good luck!

I can’t help but think Inject would be the better 6 influence spend for Exile. The effect is stronger, albeit less targeted.

3 Likes

I’ll find room for 1xSOS, in case you lose your Levy. If you don’t, you can always SOS Scavenge/Test Run/Legwork.