Philly Regionals (June 20) Discussion Zone™

I was really hoping there wouldn’t be any documentation surrounding my most momentous fail for the past few months. It’s depressing beating yourself, but I wouldn’t have made the top 8 cut due to strength of schedule anyways. Guess I’ll just have to play more netrunner (how depressing).

Let’s be honest. This game is great. No matter how many games you play, you still have something to learn. Haven’t found the skill cap yet and I don’t think anyone ever will.

2 Likes

Just tryin’ to sell people on ichi. Let it be known you’re a great player, and mistakes of that magnitude could happen to anyone at the end of a tournament that long. Case in point: not nisei tokening indexing. :wink:

9 Likes

If only I had ate the salami last I would have been granted the gosu super powers :smile:

3 Likes

Don’t forget the @SimonMoon 48

2 Likes

Get ANR Tournament: http://netrunner.lajcik.org/showthread.php?tid=1217

The thread is in Polish but the software has English version as well. Works on a PC (needs Windows), has all the features needed, works without problems. If you have any questions just ask me, I think I ran around 15 tournaments using it.

1 Like

Also, don’t try to use superb byes with it. It genuinely doesn’t like them.

2 Likes

Isn’t this the one where you can’t see intermittent standings until all games of a round are done?

Budapest Regionals 2014 used some polish software (I assume it was this one) and it was a pretty underwhelming experience for me as a tournament-goer. There was a bunch of “meh” things there, not the least of which was getting paired against my sparring partner I travelled to the tourney with in round 1. Some other things that the TO said were because of the software, though I assume at least some of it was actually unfamiliarity with the software rather than actual technical deficiencies. Overall, wasn’t very impressed.

On the other hand, just ran our X-Wing regional yesterday, and I have to say, the Cryodex is pretty damn awesome - exactly the kind of software that I’d love to see for ANR.

OMG, you broke Dan! Are you happy now stimhackers? What is next, 47 cards?

I can see it now, he will go to worlds with a Titan 329 and a Shaper deck with parasites and memstrips. And he will be so happy! Happy as only the insane can be. And it will be a sad sad day for netrunner.

3 Likes

From the last two streams I’ve watched the last two days I’d say parasite is the strongest card in the game right now? Maybe? Could be time for blue sun to make a comeback…

I agree there’s still a problem to play those tower MaxX. Mine is 77, not 80+. I agree that if you want to win a tournament then don’t bring this (yet).

There’s a lack of perfect heap tutor like Clone Chip or Scavenge in Anarch. And you’ll use all inf in it, meaning you have to stick with those stupid 2-part Anarch breakers (or more generally 2-part cards, in Anarch faction).

In the Core box, those 1-clic-tutors were supposed to be Anarch (Retrieval Run), I wonder why FFG change their mind about the faction.

IF:

• there was 1-part Anarch breakers, and, more generally, more 1-part Anarch cards
  • you had say 2 or 3 1-clic-heap-tutor without paying inf

Then you could afford stack tutors in it. And better breakers. And that would change a lot of things.

That deck worked in pre Sansan meta. And I still beleive this is how MaxX should be played. 110% aggro, punk rock all the way, no future.

To avoid consistency problem, you have to build those decks with a theory I call “Ecological niche”, that nobody have develloped yet, because it does not yet win tournaments.

This time will come, this is getting better and better when the Anarch pool grow.

“I’ll be back” :wink: (©Exile 2014)

2 Likes

Great that you’ve set the record straight

6 Likes

If I only could have beaten Dan with 48 card Maxx and my life would have been complete. Chronos behind lotus field too strong. Only lost to him and Chris’s IG on the day (which I think my build is better against than Reg-Ass, but I’ll let Chris keep his secret sauce).

Here where my decklists as a sidenote:
Corp: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/xrYQnQ2HQNb8Abu6j/ (shoutouts to Calimsha and Ben whose HB rush idea I happilly ripped off).

Runner: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/jiCwNciB8TKThZMkP/ (48 Card Maxx yolo).

3 Likes

Wow, sticking with the original 2 jackson 3 dbs. Do you think that’s better than 3 jackson? Calim and I chickened out on that. But I remember how much less trouble the deck used to have finding its last agenda when you got 2 or even 3 dbses going at the same time.

The obvious correct choice is 3 of both

3 Likes

48 card Maxx is the truth. Next time!

Should have done 52 cards in HB to match MaxX, this was fatal mistake

4 Likes

Everyone looked to me, I shrugged my shoulders, and a coin flip decided 4th amicably.

NRTM automatically flips that coin internally and shows the result.

4 Likes

Oh. I see. Interesting.

Here’s my decklists:

SHITHOLE MAXX 6-3 (45 cards)

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock

Event (23)
2 Account Siphon
3 Day Job
3 Deja Vu
3 I’ve Had Worse
2 Knifed
1 Levy AR Lab Access
1 Queen’s Gambit
3 Retrieval Run
3 Sure Gamble
2 Wanton Destruction

Hardware (2)
2 Grimoire

Resource (8)
1 Hades Shard
3 Liberated Account
3 Same Old Thing
1 Utopia Shard

Icebreaker (5)
3 Eater
2 Femme Fatale

Program (7)
2 D4v1d
2 Keyhole
3 Parasite

Replicating Other People’s Decks 4-3 (49 cards)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1 Chronos Project
2 NAPD Contract
3 Nisei MK II
3 The Future Perfect

Asset (10)
1 Daily Business Show
3 Jackson Howard
3 Mental Health Clinic
3 Sundew

Upgrade (4)
3 Caprice Nisei
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (7)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund
1 Interns

Barrier (5)
3 Eli 1.0
2 Himitsu-Bako

Code Gate (7)
2 Crick
1 Enigma
2 Lotus Field
2 Tollbooth

Sentry (6)
2 Ichi 1.0
3 Pup
1 Susanoo-No-Mikoto

ICE (1)
1 Excalibur

The RP list is nothing new. Ichi is a spicy splash, and like other players I too flipped CVS with a Mimic and sucker tokens available. 19 ICE may be too many, going forward I might swap an Excalibur and Ichi for a second CVS and Login Protocol. I’m not the best RP player, but it’s a powerful deck and I definitely want to keep trying to improve at it.

I’m a huge fan of Eater Maxx, simply because the corporation doesn’t know where you’re going to attack. I’d post a write-up to the Reg-Ass thread, but I’m worried that they’d ban me and shove a deck filled with 46 Memstrips down my throat. Generally you have a lot of lines available when you’ve charged up with money.

Archives: Retrieval Run for Femme to get into any 1-deep server and neuter any Tollbooths (one of the best ICE in the game behind Eli) and Lotus Fields. Can also tutor for Eater or Keyhole in a pinch, at a slight discount. Can also get a David if you need to deny Curtain Wall and they haven’t protected archives with it.

HQ: Wanton Destruction, Utopia Shard, and of course, Siphon. Wanton is easily the weakest of the three, but breaks up a lot of kill combo shenanigans. It’s also a decent feint – fire when they’re down enough on credits, and they either let you in and trash stuff, or make other servers much more vulnerable. Siphon is a linchpin of the deck, and figuring out when to fire it can be tricky. You generally want to get “full” value by either bankrupting the corp and then trashing any remaining value assets (or if none is left, focusing on R&D), or going through a relatively undefended server for a 12 or 15 credit swing.

R&D: Just Keyhole. Keyhole is wonderfully powerful skill-testing card. Many times it’s not correct to trash an agenda (especially if it’s NAPD!). Trashing recursion (Jackson/Archived/Interns), anti-fun cards (Crisium, Caprice, Chronos Project, Blacklist), or even powerful ICE and combo cards can all be useful. It also gives you a whole lot of information about what their splashes and economy look like, and how they’re planning on winning.

As far as econ goes, I like it big & clunky. You get lots and lots of value, but generally have to spend your whole turn doing it. This is okay, because you should generally take an “off” turn without much problem, if they’re still recovering from rezzing too much stuff / clicking up from a Siphon.

As far as matchups go, the only one I worry about is Blue Sun. They can neutralize Femmes and Parasites, tutor up Blacklists and Chronos Projects and Jacksons. Oh, and they get influence-free Crisiums! I mean, I guess playing Davids is okay versus them? NEH FA is also tough, as siphon doesn’t affect them as much, and their economy is much quicker and leaner than yours. Butcher shop is alright, but can be a bit of a race if they rush an early Astro. I like the RP matchup because ICE destruction, although the match can go south if there is a critical mass of successful run prevention (Caprice, Nisei, Crisium) and graveyard hate (Blacklist and Chronos Project). HB is alright, the bulk of the match revolves around if you can keep them pinned to the ground with siphons and trashing asset econ.

I don’t know how much longer Eater-Maxx will be around though, because of Street Peddler in the next pack. That card does something for every deck except this one. This deck has way too many events to justify the inclusion. Hopefully some of you will decide to give it a try (or try it again). It’s not the best deck ever, but it’s a hell of a lot of fun, and it may catch your meta by surprise if you bust it out when nobody respects it.

5 Likes

I got a list for you:

Lame Ass Maxx

46 Memstrips
1 Eater

9 Likes