Please, help me with runner deck

im just corp player(HB is my fav) and i buying packs for HB cards. not a big fun of runners. that the maximum competative runner i can build with this packs: 1 core set, Creation and control, Cyber exodus, Opening Moves, Second Thoughts?

sorry if im weird but may be im just dont cook runers right)

I donā€™t know if one really can be ā€˜just a corp playerā€™. You really are going to need a runner deck, too. Given that you have a limited collection, Iā€™d recommend that you not worry so much about what is or what is not competitive for the time being. Be a mad genius and come up with crazy ideas that sound brilliant to yourself, play them, lose with them, realize why you lost and become a better player in turn. As your collection grows and your experience with the game grows with it, you can start thinking more about how to really be competitive!

1 Like

With your card pool, you already have the staples of a decent Shaper deck - you have Test Run, Scavenge, Clone Chip and Self-Modifying Code. You even have Personal Workshop, which is great.

As far as identities are concerned, Iā€™d either go with Kate, or with Chaos Theory (since you have her as well). Leave the other green IDs from C&C off to the side for now, those tend to be a bit harder to build and play right.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a stab at it. This list didnā€™t win any tournaments or anything, just whipped it up randomly.

CT Basic (40 cards)

Chaos Theory: Wunderkind

Event (19)
3 Diesel
2 Dirty Laundry
1 Escher
1 Levy AR Lab Access
3 Scavenge
3 Sure Gamble
3 Test Run
3 The Makerā€™s Eye

Hardware (5)
3 Clone Chip
1 Feedback Filter
1 Grimoire

Resource (2)
2 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (4)
1 Corroder
1 Femme Fatale
1 Gordian Blade
1 Ninja

Program (10)
2 Datasucker
2 Magnum Opus
1 Nerve Agent
2 Parasite
3 Self-modifying Code

Pretty simple core rig of Corroder, Gordian, and Femme/Ninja (whichever is more useful at that time), with CTā€™s extra MU going to Magnum Opus. Notice that the breakers are one-ofs, that shouldnā€™t be a problem with the 3x SMC/3x Test Run, since those will help you look for missing breakers. Once you draw into Grimoire you can play a virus or two, Datasucker is virtual econ and Parasite trashes Ice, and later you can drop a Nerve Agent for extra HQ pressure.

The rest are strategic one-ofs and a bit of event econ to supplement the Opus credit engine, and ways to recur programs.

why chaos? not Kate?

Other than the extra MU, the lower min. Deck size means less slots to fill. You could certainly run Kate instead, Iā€™d suggest replacing Opus with something else in that case though (maybe Professional Contacts)

Hereā€™s what I came up with:

Total Cards: (45)

Identity:
1x Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Event: (21)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Inside Job (Core)
2x Hostage (Opening Moves)
3x Sure Gamble (Core)
2x Account Siphon (Core)
3x Forged Activation Orders (Core)
2x Special Order (Core)
3x Recon (Second Thoughts)

Hardware: (7)
1x Desperado (Core)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)
3x Muresh Bodysuit (Cyber Exodus)

Program: (10)
2x Corroder (Core) ā– ā–  ā– ā– 
2x Ninja (Core)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control) ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– 
2x Femme Fatale (Core)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core)

Resource: (7)
1x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) ā– ā– 
1x Aesopā€™s Pawnshop (Core) ā– ā– 
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Bank Job (Core)

I think itā€™s easy to look at the huge amount of Shaper cards and think that thatā€™s the best route. I found when teaching friends t play runner itā€™s best to KISS and Criminal is as simple as it gets. The high economy makes you feel capable and Gabe encourages running (which most newbies are to scared to do).

A lost of people donā€™t like Cyber Cypher but with Forged Activation, and Recon you can choose your server wisely or you can just run one on each of R&D and HQ (assuming you get both, or just focus on where you think theyā€™ve got those Agendas!)

With Recon and Forged Activation you can try to get the Programs you need before you even run servers, or you can force them to Rez ICE in places they donā€™t want to rez, and drain their econ.

The Prepaid VoicePADs give you better returns on your Sure Gambles and make any other Event easier to swallow playing.

Recently Iā€™ve been liking Hostage to fish out Aesopā€™s and Professional Contacts so I threw that in. If you get Aesopā€™s and Hostage, then go get Professional Contacts. You can do the opposite if you get Contacts first. If you get Hostage first, pick which is better! I think Professional Contacts is better than Magnum Opus because it doesnā€™t force the player to pick between money and card options (tough when youā€™re new-ish) and it doesnā€™t waste 2 MU that you might need for your rig.

Donā€™t forget that you choose the order of operations so you can sell the last 2 credits off Daily Casts to Aesopā€™s to squeeze out an extra credit and make the net gain 6 credits instead of 5.

Muresh is in there as a substitute for Plascrete Carapace since you donā€™t have access to those, and in a pinch itā€™s a 2 credit gain via Aesopā€™s.

Iā€™d love feedback, building decks out of a limited pool is fun and exciting!

Iā€™ve only been playing a few month so Iā€™d love some other insights. Iā€™m so-so at the game so anything else you guys wanna share would be great.

thanks, try it sometime

im find interest list, that u think?

Rielle ā€œKitā€ Peddler: Transhuman

Event (20)
3 Diesel
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Scavenge
3 Sure Gamble
3 Test Run
3 The Makerā€™s Eye
3 Tinkering

Hardware (8)
1 Akamatsu Mem Chip
3 Clone Chip
2 Dinosaurus
2 Omni-Drive

Resource (6)
3 Daily Casts
1 Personal Workshop
1 Professional Contacts
1 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
2 Atman
1 Corroder
1 Femme Fatale
2 Yog.0

Program (5)
1 Datasucker
2 Magnum Opus
2 Parasite

the idea is put Yog on dinosaurrus and break any ice with it

The deck looks good, it has a lot of toys with Test Run and Scavenge, but every time I tried to use them together I always get one card without the other, so I stopped trying it. But you can always Scavenge for something else and bring back the first card with Clone Chip. I donā€™t see much use in the Omni-Drive generally, but the rest of the deck looks good. Try it out a few times and find out what needs to be changed.

with friend builded 2 decks, that do u think?

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (45 cards)

Event (23)
2 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Easy Mark
3 Emergency Shutdown
3 Forged Activation Orders
3 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
2 Clone Chip ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1 Desperado
2 R&D Interface ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Resource (8)
3 Daily Casts
2 John Masanori
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (7)
2 Corroder ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1 Crypsis
2 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
1 Gordian Blade ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Program (2)
2 Sneakdoor Beta

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (49 cards, 21 agenda pts)

Agenda (10)

3 Accelerated Beta Test
1 Corporate War
1 Gila Hands Arcology
2 Priority Requisition
3 Project Vitruvius

Asset (6)
3 Adonis Campaign
3 Jackson Howard ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Upgrade (1)
1 SanSan City Grid ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Operation (12)