Post Rotation Card Replacements

The most common anti-tag cards I see at the moment are Aaron Marron and NACH.

Aaron won’t stop you from rezzing a judge and besides, he dies to MCA Informant. New Angeles dies to Lizzie Mills. If you’re playing Gagarin or something you probably want Mills anyways to deal with Salsette Slums.

Basically, just put a silver bullet in their silver bullets. HHN + Judge is still really strong.

There’s also a chance of Deuces Wild, Misdirection, extra clicks. Polop also works if it’s preinstalled. HHN + Judge might stick a tag for a turn or even two, but that’s not winning you the game yet, you still need to leverage it into a win, which requires more cards for the combo. At 3+ cards, it’s not that consistent.
(Compared to old days of Midseasons + TA + Scorch, where you only needed to find Midseasons and money early and had plenty of time to get the other pieces)

2 Likes

I think Biometric Spoofing has been underestimated as versatile post-plastcrete protection. It’s roughly half the defense for half the cost. What it gives up in raw protection power per card it makes up a bit in versatility, giving you meat, net, and brain damage defense in one card.

One can save you from a single Boom! if you keep your hand full, and it takes most of the risk from Scorched or Snare. Brain damage is hard enough to land, and Spoofing covers that risk, too.

I think it’s a solid consideration that hasn’t gotten much attention.

4 Likes

It’s pretty unreliable for my taste. As meat damage protection: If you give the Corp a turn where you are double-tagged, they can just go “trash Biometric Spoofing, BOOM!” and you are dead. Net damage usually comes as a cost (Obokata, Ben Musashi) or in portions of one, and in both cases the Spoofing doesn’t do much. And well, brain damage is not that common to justify a slot.

1 Like

Point. It being a resource was something I didn’t factor, and it changes the equation. We need solid hardware damage protection. Resources don’t cut it vs. tag’n’bag.

1 Like

These days its all 24/7 Boom! and whatnot. Resources actually do very well vs. the 24/7 Boom! play since there’s no click to trash them with that still leaves you able to Boom!. Maybe Sea Scorch Scorch is going to make a comeback? Much harder to do, though.

I think Shapers will be on Misdirection (to deal with HHN and Sync in general) and Citadel (to defend against the Boom!), at the very least.

1 Like