Rabbit hole

whrilpool -> rsvp -> shinobi? :stuck_out_tongue:

Compromised Employee, like most other link cards, is awesome against Making News but extremely not worth it against basically any other Corp (compare to Easy Mark), since repeated traces more or less donā€™t exist in the game right now and the card is priced as if its link is important.

OP says his meta is so Making News-heavy that he considers using Rabbit Hole. My suggestion was that Compromised Employee will be better instead, as the second ability makes him not that dead in other matchups, especially if you play him early, most games corp rezzes enough pieces of ice to make him worth install.

I wouldnā€™t say Compromised Employee is dead, but even if you play it on turn one, how many ICE is the corp going to rez across the course of the game? Are you really going to net more from it than from Daily Casts, Easy Mark, etc.?

Iā€™ve won my share of matchs and even a CP (the Antwerpen one, to be precise) with 3x compromised employees in my Andromeda. If you can grab one or two early on, it gives you a tons of creds on facecheck. With Desperado/Datasucker, you get creds everytime you run. They rez an ICE ? You gain creds. They donā€™t ? You gain some creds aswell.

Seriously, this card own and is REALLY underrated.

Um, hell yeah. You need what, like 4 rezzes to make him worth an Easy Mark?

Remember, weā€™re talking about a card from a faction that both makes scoring from a 1-deep remote impossible, and who can make you repeatedly rez the same piece of ICE (even non-Chimera ones :P).

Iā€™m usually at around 10 rezzes per game, and thatā€™s not counting Shutdowns. With a deck actually built to capitalize on Compromised Employee, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if youā€™d get something like +8 out of the first one, at the very least.

2 Likes

Compromised Employee is another one of those cards thatā€™s underplayed because the faction itā€™s in has other options (though it does seem like itā€™s still underrated) and the ones thatā€™d go ape for it generally donā€™t want to use the influence. (Seriously, if this was a red card, it would be everywhere, and Iā€™m still tempted by it alongside Spinal Modem.)

Any deck with Parasites could get a lot of value off of it because then youā€™re reducing your effective costs, and making them rez more often anyway. Makes Chimera (which is still pretty common, I think?) worthless, and means that face-checking becomes a bit more valuable. Did they rez Quandary? Well, at least itā€™s not a total loss.

Dude, heā€™s like one influence. Just stop playing 3xSiphon in Anarch, thereā€™s plenty other viable builds for the red brothers.

Iā€™m not using any Siphons at all, actually. 3x Siphonā€™s just silly. Throwing 12 Influence away just to fail at being Criminal? No thanks. The main thing is that I see it being a much better complement to a Spinal Modem strategy, which Iā€™m not currently running. With Para/sucker, maybe itā€™s still worth it in Grimoire, but if I include it then I might as well include other resources (which Iā€™m habitually a bit light on), because Iā€™d be working to keep myself from getting tagged, and so on.

Itā€™s a pretty tempting idea, though, I must say, and Iā€™ll probably put something together for it sooner or later.

Check your inbox :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

10 rezzes per game? I think something is totally different in our environments, because this seems super high-- even CI doesnā€™t rez that much ICE around here. Iā€™d say 6-8 rezzes across a game is pretty normal, and less than that is certainly not unheard of-- I win many games with 3-4 rezzes.

To beat Easy Mark (+3), you need to have 6 ICE rezzes after playing Compromised Employee, and you probably need to have significantly more in order to mitigate Easy Markā€™s bonus to your start, especially if youā€™re playing Andy. To beat Daily Casts (+5), you need to have 8 ICE rezzes, and again probably more in order to mitigate the consistency effect.

The math just isnā€™t looking good for Compromised Employee.

HERESY!!! (Ok, I play 2 AS and one Planned Assault).

Itā€™s pretty common around here to force at least one rez turn 1 (Imp, Desperado, Gabe and Silhouette tend to do that to people), and those are usually small pieces that wonā€™t hold up for too long. Parasite recursion is a thing, as are glacier corp decks.

Whenever I play Reina, I count the number of times her ability was relevant, and that number is rarely less than 6ā€¦ and thatā€™s only ā€œthe first time an ICE is rezzedā€ - as we all know, ICE rezzes around the mid-game tend to be concentrated into bursts, as runner hits a built up remote for the first time.

3-4 rez wins I can only see happening against TWIY turbo-rushes, and when you get super-lucky on your early random accesses.

Do you not know how many delicious delicious green cards youā€™re missing out on? :stuck_out_tongue:

To clarify, I win many games as corp with 3-4 rezzes. Rezzing an ICE turn 1 is certainly common, but the vast majority of decks donā€™t recur Parasites, so it tends to stick around.

[quote=ā€œPeekaySK, post:54, topic:1379ā€]
Dude, heā€™s like one influence. Just stop playing 3xSiphon in Anarch, thereā€™s plenty other viable builds for the red brothers.[/quote]

So, for example, an influence package of - 3x Compromised Employee, 2x Emergency Shutdown, 2x Quality Time, 3x Clone Chip? Possibly removing the Quality Times and a Clone Chip for 2x Special Order?

Currently, Iā€™m using 3x Emergency Shutdown, 3x Lucky Find, 3x Compromised Employee. Contemplating dropping the third of both Shutdown and Lucky Find for either two copies of e3 or two copies of Clone Chip - depending on the breaker suite.

(going mostly Knight + Darwin + Parasites at the moment, hence no Special Order)

Is that with voicepads?

Nope, not enough high-cost events to justify Prepaids over Cyberfeeders. Thereā€™s a bunch of SoT included though (for Shutdown purposes), so I figured the Lucky Finds might be nice as a ā€œmoney now!ā€ button.

The list is pure theory at this time, I havenā€™t played with it yet because my main rig is shot and thereā€™s no OCTGN for Android :stuck_out_tongue:

My guess is you will ditch Lucky Finds after playtesting. Canā€™t imagine them being worth the influence in a non pad build in more numbers than a single copy. Did you try the Queenā€™s Gambit as an alternative?

Queenā€™s Gambit is beyond horrible. The influence isnā€™t all that big of a deal, actually - Iā€™m tight on card slots for Anarch stuff I want to run already, so itā€™s not like the opportunity cost of packing three Finds is all that huge.

Definitely wonā€™t drop them entirely, although going down to 2 copies is likely. Iā€™ve tested Lucky Finds in Anarch before - for them, itā€™s less of an automatic ā€œplay this economy when you draw itā€ card, as it is in Prepaid builds, and becomes more of a Stimhack-esque play in the vein of ā€œLucky Find, drop the breaker they didnā€™t think you had, runā€.