Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

That makes a lot of sense, and fits with what I’ve pieced together from reading between the lines. Given their printing timelines though, I doubt Boggs has been able to give much input unless it’s not actually launching until winter. Core2 available after Worlds maybe?

I have heard the exact same thing from local testers here. I’m guessing we won’t get any announcements until Gencon on either front.

I feel that they are threading on really thin ice here, and fear that they do not have enough community management knowledge/skills/resources for this. The game can really go south in the next two news articles…

In the 2 cities I spend most of my time in, no one carries anything but the core, making you special order anything else. I usually just buy online. I can guarantee if they release a Core 2.0, all 3 store will likely drop the game because there is nothing they can do with the old Cores but sell them at a loss to regain the shelf space.

Core 2.0 would likely only be acceptable if they rebooted the entire game.

Free Mars spoilers in the wild.

http://imgur.com/a/gmP5q

I… uh… hmm. I think I can cut the Hasty’s now from my Hasty/AD Weyland deck with Open Forum? Maybe? I mean, I’m usually just putting one operation I care about (the triples) in my AD combo, the rest is just gravy.

1 Like

a lot of bad cards tbh, but Leave No Trace sounds hella fun

I know right? I think this is the first pack I am going to just outright skip. Nothing in this one is grabbing me at all right now.

Not even Bloo Moose? That card seems outright busted.

4 Likes

Bloo is awesome. Real good even if the rest of the pack is less than exciting. Expect to see it everywhere.

Y’all tripping, that NBN barrier is bonkers

2 Likes

Shaper has an in faction Killer that is legit good. That’s pretty big for them, imo. I guess it’s underwhelming if there’s like a single Architect or something over R&D, but if they really want to single ICE R&D vs Shaper, I’m all for it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the highlights. I guess I am just a bit bitter that there a few real stinkers in here.

Bloo Moose seems good. Na’ seems pretty good. Rip Deal is probably a future staple…

And the Weyland stuff looks fun.

It’s a good PE card, it’s not a great NBN card. Pretty obvious include for PE decks with extra inf though!

How’s Maven by the way? Seems neat in something where you install a bunch of programs anyway, like Au Revoir decks or Dyper/other decks that run Leprechauns. Although latter decks I guess aren’t rich enough to pay 2 for a sub multiple times, so Brahman + Escher is probably still a better solution?

Na’Not’K (Nanotech?) seems to be part of that mysterious marsian Shaper ID that we are missing. The one with Daredevil under her seat and the underlying theme of “+x based on the number of ICE in that server”. “Songe Galaxy”? “Kabonesa Wu”?

Data Loop: I’d try to put one into PU. It’s a great card there. Lowers hand size (Snare!) and in case the stack is empty (then your ID is blank), puts two new cards into it to get milled.

1 Like

Oh wow, Na’Not’k is probably the best killer shapers have ever gotten. It’s always going to have a base strength of 2, which in the vast majority of situations is good enough.

Jinteki gets garbage. Rover is not great. God of War looks like a perfect backup breaker for a tag-me deck.

Flashbang is INTERESTING, but how many sentries of cost 6+ are corps playing? I don’t think it’s going to make a splash right now, maybe if people start playing more expensive sentries.

Helheim could be really useful for scoring behind but that doesn’t seem to be HB’s game plan at the moment.

It is extremely strong. One only needs to compare it to Daily Casts.

I think it should have been 1 influence.

2 Likes

Maxx train here we go!

I like Tithonium in BlueSun. Its not oai/curtain, but rezzing for zero if ur broke and gaining 9 creds next turn is nice.
.#makeweylandgreatagain

Moose is better than Temu. A 4 cost never ending daily casts for zero influence…ridiculous

1 Like