Reina experiences?

DLR gets you around 3 accesses because they trash it.

Medium gets you more, and sticks around to continue to be a threat.

I would not cut Medium - the deck becomes worse.

Tried my list out some.

Pro Contacts wasnt very good, its too slow.

I changed into a version with 3 Wyldside, 2 Aesop’s Pawnshop, 2 Personal Workshop. (Cutting shutdowns). The Wyldside was better, and Workshop was great in it, for instant breakers and viruses, plus money.

However, it still felt worse than a version that was trying to go all in on Syphon, and then medium dig you when you were broke, so I am feeling liek the best hting to try is probably to take the Whizzard DLR/Joshua B/Siphon deck, make it Reina, and switch a few cards (get some ice-derez).

I was also heavy playtesting my list from few posts above and I think it is good! I made one more change - got rid of djinns, they were too slow (-3 djinn +1 medium +1 nerve agent +1 datasucker -1 crescentus +1 akamatsu mem chip). Current version: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/1301/spanish-inquisition-v4, feedback welcome!

1 Like

(threadhijack)Holy Cow! netrunnerdb.com is amazing! thanks for inadvertently showing me that site! (/threadhijack)

I think Pro Contacts is a strong card as long as NBN is weak, because it feels like a big liability in that matchup. Right now NBN is strong so I’m not sure Contacts is good anywhere.

I’m currently trying a resource-light Magnum Opus/Vamp plan with Crypsis/Knight as the breaker suite. Retrieval Run helps reduce the tempo loss from installing Opus or Crypsis. The reduced card set over the fixed breakers lets you go all in on ice destruction with Rook, Knight and (nearly) full recurring Parasites. The biggest issue I’ve had so far is facechecking into Destroyers like Grim and Archer, so I’m splashing a couple of Faeries to cover that angle. Djinn allows me to run a small virus suite and tutor for it, as well as free up MU for Opus. Between Rook, Knight and recurring Parasites, it’s hard for the Corp to keep ice up. Imp is fantastic against NBN, helps reduce Scorch threat from Weyland and kills SanSan in FA HB. Crypsis is super expensive but I don’t usually have to actually break much ice. Stimhack is useful for sniping a remote if I really, really need to get in in a hurry.

I want to cram in a Nerve Agent pretty badly - I may go to 46 cards to get it.

Identity:
Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (18)
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control #52) x3
Deja Vu (Core #2) x2
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow #87) x3 ■
Retrieval Run (Future Proof #101) x3
Vamp (Trace Amount #21) x2
Stimhack (Core #4) x2

Hardware (4)
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2
Grimoire (Core #6) x2

Program (20)
Knight (Mala Tempora #43) x3
Medium (Core #10) x1
Djinn (Core #9) x3
Parasite (Core #12) x3
Datasucker (Core #8) x1
Imp (What Lies Ahead #3) x1
Magnum Opus (Core #44) x3 ■■
Crypsis (Core #51) x1
Rook (Opening Moves #3) x2
Faerie (Future Proof #104) x2 ■■■

Resource (3)
Daily Casts (Creation and Control #53) x3

I’ve tried several Reina builds, yet I find it very difficult to play against well funded corps (like Wayland). I even managed to vamp and siphon them multiple times, yet they always get back on their feet quickly. How do you suggest dealing with such decks?

id ask myself: how would u deal with them as standard criminal and how reina differs?

Standard criminal can get his rig pretty fast, and accumulate decent amount of money early game. Anarchs on the other hand are week on both, so you’re going to need some cards from other factions to help you. Problem is, I don’t know what are the best cards to compliment my desired play style - which is aggro-denial.

Thanks for sharing your build experiences, @Apo – I riffed on your core stuff for a Reina build that a) doesn’t suck and b) doesn’t feel like a Noise deck with the wrong ID. She went undefeated at a (smallish for us) league play night tonight :).

FINALLY.

2 Likes

Pleased to hear that! I’m not done tinkering with this build though - I think the one below is the best iteration so far.
http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/1603/keyhole-surgery

1 Like

I’m really liking a lone Expert Schedule Analyzer as a cheap influence HQ pressure. It also pairs well with Nerve Agent.

I’ve found Professional Contact to be good in Anarch, but it can’t be relied upon too heavily else it impedes too much momentum to install.

The most success I’ve had with Reina involved a simple rig with Keyhole, Rook, Corroder, Crypsis, and the occasional Femme or virus for support. The key is to make runs very cheap (if the corp can even rez anything), or you’ll run out of steam. To this end, I think Spinal Modem is the way to go.

1 Like