[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

So with Regionals in full swing now. I would be interested to hear from people who tool renia headlock or played against her. How it panned out? Did you run into to many sexbot decks.

Iā€™m sure weā€™ll find out from @spags this weekend; seems like a move heā€™d pull after winning a regionals, but my personal thoughts are that the deck is just a bit too weak to crisium, which is just a bit too common, sex bots aside.

Took it to a game night tourney with 10 people and 4 rounds of Swiss. Think I only lost to HB as a runner once. The crisium is not an issue at all, itā€™s the sexbots plus Turing on the remotes. I would probably use 2 d4v1d to remedy this. The desperado version that Sam uses is real good against RP, but a tad less so against HB. Somehow feel like the lucky finds would help a bit for trashing sexbots.

Im swinging between playing this or valencia build for my Regional and more leaning to this since val will Be here forever.

The bonus of headlock if people arnt preped for it. You can lock them easy. But some games you can get super bad varance with all your crecentus on the bottom.

the heavy eater versions are, but your most common breakers are parasite, knight and poverty. They also canā€™t shut off all servers.

Im thinking a single copy of analog dreamers might not be a bad include in this deck if you can find some inf, the possibility of putting sansans or ice you have derezed back into rnd to drop the ice on hq

it only hits things in the server (assets, agendas, upgrades), makes it a lot less good.

1 Like

Hmm after re-reading the card, it seems like i didnt read it at all lol, actually says non-ice :frowning:

Well the only other card i can see making a home in this deck from the latest set would be Immolation script, since most decks run more then one copy of each ice they include, and your parasiting stuff Baring a jackson on the the table, or even then they are wasting a shuffle in of a ice to stop you trashing something else.

@SamRS how have you found hacktvist in headlock, (im running the desp version), it so hard to judge but ive had corps just not rez assets till its gone, or found worth hanging onto to get rid of EP , ive currently cut Knife for it which seems bad because of killing eli or curtain wall.

donā€™t like it in reina, itā€™s much better in an imp deck.

1 Like

So @SamRS, what do you think are good and bad match ups for this deck,

For me, it seems like only really Sexbots seem to give it major trouble, RP can go either way and worse if you hit one using Himitsu-Bako to protect a sundew, or once RP gets a nisi scored you loose the vamp oppitunity.

other wise i find its a solid deck.

I was seriously considering it, but, the more I try it, the more fragile I find it. Iā€™m running the Vigil build.

Convince me otherwise.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to, but Iā€™d do you no wrong and I agree. I think its a strong deck right up until your opponent understands it and plays correctly. Even then, youā€™ll probably get to match point most games. So, completely powerful deck, but imoā€¦ in those close matchups where youā€™re hanging by the skin of your teeth, I find the deck loses more often than it wins. And thatā€™s where it often matters in tournaments.

If youā€™re a superior player than me, maybe you can get over that hump. Heck you probably can. So, if youā€™re in the mood for a challenge and want a fight all day long. Play the deck. But I donā€™t think itā€™ll be easy getting a win with it.

Brain Ninjaā€™d?

how do you think your vigil build compares to the desperado one? iā€™ve messed with both and i still donā€™t know. i think iā€™m settling on a 2x Desperado, 2x CF, 2x CC, 3x Cres influence spread, but iā€™m still unsure if iā€™ll run this instead of something more consistent/tested at our upcoming regional.

I like it. I miss the help on killing things with Desperado, but the draw and burst econ is nice. I tested the Desperado build, and it really hurt when they were both buried in the bottom 10-15 cards.

I played several with desperado and found it to be only better when you can lock down early. Its better at winning more, but I find the vigil version to be much more consistant. I agree with @gumOnShoe that it seems to win too close to losing, and while awesome and fun, gives me serious pause for regionals play.

I think it has a good matchup against kill decks, rp and blue sun, hb is bad, but not as awful as some people make it out to be, the major issue is you know the games you lose ahead of time usually. One of the main reason I like it is it crushes most gimmicky decks that would otherwise be really annoying (ci, shutdown combos, pe, ig, argus, etc) while still having a good matchup against the most relevant deck in RP.

Definitely better when itā€™s a surprise, but itā€™s still solid

What do you think of putting in Opus as the main economy? Iā€™ve tried it with some reasonably success. Memory becomes a problem, but youā€™re even able to keep up with HB asset spam money wise.

opus is very slow, and we have basically no support for it. Gonna pass on that.

2 Likes

Valencia is probably better suited for an Opus / vamp engine because she got blackmail to snipe out the eventual crisium on HQ.

1 Like

Something I wouldnā€™t mind testing is wyrm and possibly stimhack in this deck.

Would re-enable parasite in the blue sun deck. Get you a overpriced breaker for when you have to get in. Using it insta clear the parasired ice when the turn the install it