[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

So I’ve been messing around with a security testing list lately and found it to be pretty solid. There have been a lot of interactions with security testing that have been pretty stellar (makes eater a whole lot better). Some below:

1. Security testing a server then crescentus eater the ice, gain 2 credits.
  2. lamprey hq through eatered ice, gain 2 credits.
  3. Dirty laundry archives for essentially a daily cast up front.

Also I’ve been testing inject a little bit and found that it is better than I originally thought. It has been getting me back into games I had no business winning. Like if I need a clone chip asap I can slam down inject and most likely find it. Or if I have a start with no money, I can inject and most likely find money. You can argue that the programs are more valuable but if you don’t have the money to install them and threaten then they are useless and better off cash imo. Here’s the list I’ve been testing.

Headlock Reina V1.0 Security Testing

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (13)
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
2x Inject
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip ••••• •
2x Vigil

Resource (10)
2x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
2x Security Testing ••••• •
1x Symmetrical Visage
2x Xanadu

Icebreaker (5)
2x Eater
3x Knight

Program (12)
3x Crescentus •••
2x D4v1d
1x Keyhole
3x Lamprey
3x Parasite

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

3 Likes

My issue with Sec Test out of Anarch has always been that its the same influence as Desperado

7 Likes

sec test is just always maintenance, and wasted clicks on that run when you don’t even require the credits at all

I think vigil might be better than desperado in headlock. But my opinions about headlock are quite controversial. Sec testing sans desperado is much less appealing though, especially if you’re also not playing data sucker. Clicking for 2 is just alright. (I get that it’s clicking for 2+Stuff but still…)

The only way worth playing Sec Test out of anarch is with spinal modem. It’s pretty good in headlock with eater; but crisium and cvs just kind of make that particular build suck. But, keeping the ice count low on HQ and making money off of your run which also takes money away from the corp is pretty good. Just, not feasible with the number of counters now available.

2 Likes

any one still testing this archtype out, i totally enjoyed it at my regional, but i think now people have played against it and know it a bit better that the deck looses power.

still a good deck, but might it need a break between lime lights.

1 Like

still play it, still do very well with it, I Just haven’t updated it in a long time so I haven’t felt the need to post about it.

2 Likes

Well yeah, but that might very well be because you specifically can grab 45 random cards and do well with them :stuck_out_tongue:

(possibly even 46!)

2 Likes

I agree it loses power once opponents have practiced the matchup, but it’s still a reasonable deck.

Let’s talk about Street Peddler - seems strong to me in the Desperado build at least. Digs through the deck early game, and if you want programs you can still find them with Peddler, unlike Inject. Could even play a Stimhack with it for mid-run shenanigans like installing hardware or resources with Stim money.

In the Vigil version with Career Fair / Lucky Find, Peddler is less exciting since you really don’t want to pitch your money events. But we could play Bank Job instead to be compatible with Peddler, or try Muertos Gang Member for even more denial.

2 Likes

46 was believable, but 46! stretches believably. No way 5.5026222e+57 cards is consistent.

13 Likes

It is if they’re all red cards.

2 Likes

I’ve been cutting Sure Gambles for Peddler/Stimhack/Extra resource econ in (Career fair) Anarch. Peddler is good enough to consider it.

2 Likes

Cool, that sounds like a good environment for the Donut!

edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention that I made a Gabe headlock deck. It had a successful first voyage, but it was a marathon. Vs RP and the Gabe deck has no multiaccess. But it does have 6 derez cards! :smile:

Why not 9? :stuck_out_tongue:

my issue with fitting this style of deck into criminal was that I couldn’t fit in parasites, a good breaker suite and vamp/lamprey, either didn’t have the influence or the card slots.

1 Like

Anyone here see a Corporate Town yet? At Chicago regionals over the weekend I beat 2 Reinas, one of them by getting a Corp Town down turn 4 with EBC.I trashed a Kati, Visage, Casts, and Earthrise with it and then chained a couple Oaktowns to score out quickly. Oaktown was so great, I literally left HQ open against a Lamprey by overadvancing.
Anyone have any thoughts on encountering this yet?

2 Likes

I haven’t run into it, but ebc doesn’t get around the forfeit an agenda clause does it?

It’s clearly a kill on sight card if it can be rezzed, but unless you have hostiles that’s hard to rez, and hostiles make it easy to trash. That was my read on it at least.

What’s your latest list?

haven’t changed much since regionals, probably going to update it when peddler comes out, my current list is:

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (10)
1x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount)
2x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
1x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Immolation Script (Chrome City)

Hardware (5)
2x Desperado (Core Set) ••••• •
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •

Resource (14)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
1x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
2x Xanadu (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)

Icebreaker (5)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)
2x Eater (Order and Chaos)

Program (11)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Crescentus (A Study in Static) •••
1x Keyhole (True Colors)
3x Lamprey (Upstalk)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

I feel like against experienced players you have to rely more on building up and vamping, but that’s still a very strong plan.

1 Like

it doesn’t – kyle was using EBC to tutor his single Corp Town, iirc.

i’m glad i put in a few months with this deck, as i faced it for the first time in a competitive setting over the weekend, and i would’ve been wrecked if i didn’t have that experience – made sure to get sizable credit lead so i could score a nisei before vamp was a thread, then cruised from there.