Running Kim (Instead of DLR)

So a while back I played against a Knight/Source/Fall Guy/DLR deck using Quetzal at a local store tourny. It was a great deck that did not make any real use of her identity. With the release of Kim, that deck looks like would be a better fit.

DLR Kim

Edward Kim: Humanity’s Hammer (Order and Chaos)

Event (14)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• •••
2x Amped Up (Order and Chaos)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Singularity (Double Time)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
2x Archives Interface (Order and Chaos)
3x Deep Red (Mala Tempora)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (12)
3x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)
2x Fall Guy (Double Time) ••
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) •
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Source (Creation and Control) ••••

Icebreaker (5)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)
2x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (7)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Knight for early aggression, Mimic because Swordsman, David because Curtain Wall/Hiemdall/Hadrians. Self tag with John/Joshua/AS. Use Kim/Imp to take out sources of econ. DLR away. Amp >DLR for that kind of silly. Econ though feels too light, and being tagged means Hades is going to be a hard drop most likely, or else Fall guys go towards it instead of The Source. Those could probably go into Lucky Finds maybe, though Day Job sounds like some good emergency econ. Singularity because I have a local advancement trap guy and is another option on clearing out scoring servers.

Given that it becomes fiddly to keep the corp poor, and self-tag and then you’re going 1:1 click:card on the DLR, have you considered a gravedigger build with an ice destruction suite instead?

Due to the ICEbreakers - it seems like you’ll have a bad time against Blue Sun, Glacier, and RP.

Have you playtested this at all?

So I’m guessing either cutlery and/or Clone chips with the influence? Datasuckers/Hemmorage and just more runs, Make use of Medium/Nerve Agents maybe. But would we go with Crypsis/Normal breakers then? Virus recursion sounds better in Noise.

There seems to be almost no economy in this deck as well - unless you get lucky and hit account siphons.

This deck isn’t functional in an environment where you intend to be competitive. Too much time and tempo lost will be spent clicking for credits.

2 Likes

Yea the one round I played it before I was running Untrashable which is very Ice light. A glacier deck would probably hurt in the late game. I’m feeling the Singularities can be Day Jobs, or consider Cyberfeeders/Spinal Modem.

1 Like

Guy won a tourny with it. I didn’t stick around to see how well he did, but this was around the time Fall Guy came out, possibly before Blue Sun. Original had Quetzal, was thinking Kim would get the same milage out of it.

And no, no playtesting yet. Just bought O&C last night and this was my second thought on a deck. First one was trying to make Darwin work.

You want all 3 siphons, trust me. The Source also doesn’t do much (FA costs a lot of money, if they have that kind of money against you, it’s over). -2 Source for +1 siphon and a card slot seems easy to me.

Eater goes well with the premise, and you’re already running singularity, -2 mimic + 3 eater seems like an easy switch.

David is pretty redundant with knight + eater, you could probably cut them for same old things (targets being cutlery, siphon, singularity and deja vu)

Similarly, plascrete is dead in several matchups, and you have steelskin for the others, that can be more siphon recursion or more ice destruction in the form of silverware.

Lastly, why bother with deep red? you don’t have much to take up memory, and you only run 1 caissa. Spinal Modem, vigil or just not running a console all make more sense.

1 Like

Sounds about right. Vigil is an easier drop, and dlr means they want to draw up or else lose cards to mill, and AS means HQ is going to get hard to get in pretty quick.

Deep red was mostly to be able to Knight and run with 3 clicks in a turn, and that spare memory I was thinking of sticking in Data Folding for space.

AI Hate is hard to come by lately, and for the most part Parasite deals with one of them.

Same Old Thing did feel necessary to get AS rolling harder.

DLR Kim

Event (15)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
2x Amped Up (Order and Chaos)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Singularity (Double Time)

Hardware (5)
2x Archives Interface (Order and Chaos)
3x Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (13)
3x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)
3x Fall Guy (Double Time) •••
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
2x Eater (Order and Chaos)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)

Program (7)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Have you even played this deck at all? From your post it looks like you are just theorycrafting here. If so, posting in “Decklists” isn’t the right place.

1 Like

I’m going to play it, but I wanted to bounce ideas.

Honestly I think DLR and other blind milling is a bit of a waste in Kim. His power is unique in that it’s the only power in the game currently that damages the corp on HQ hits, when the corp has no trashables/agendas in hand. It also refines the ‘accuracy’ of subsequent HQ hits.

I’d probably focus more on just having complete control of HQ… and then switching to use his ability to do R&D digs later, once HQ’s forted up.

Also, meh on Eater. You want REAL accesses with Kim, not fake ones via card effects. So I’d much rather just run a normal anarch suite or Atman or something.

1 Like

That was plan C. 2 Corr, 3 Knight, 2 Mimic, 1 Yog, Sucker/David/Imp. Medium/Nerve to help repeat runs? Guess drop Archive Interface for Memstrips if not running Grimore, I just happened to face a heavy recursion HB deck the other day so the idea of getting rid of the recurring econ sounded like a good idea.

I totally agree with this. Kim is all about running and acessing. However, since he wants to run so often to destroy whatever the corp has, I have a Kim Hemmorhage list in my mind that I really want to try out. It seems very destructoid and painful to play against. Can’t wait for OCTGN to upload those O&C cards and test the kid out.

So I died to a Shinobi from a guy False Lead/Heinlen to get it to hit. I feel like I want to run a David for this purpose. Never found Vigil early enough and without something to drop hand size it wouldn’t fire as reliably as an Astrolabe. Armitage didn’t feel great when floating Siphon tags, so I think just going all in with Day Job feels better. More importantly I can Same Ol’ a Day job for 10 in 2.

Event (14)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
3x Day Job (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (7)
3x Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x MemStrips (Order and Chaos)

Resource (6)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x John Masanori (Opening Moves)

Icebreaker (8)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)

Program (10)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set) •••
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)

A bold strategy.

1 Like

Sadly, this doesn’t work. As a part of Same Old Thing, you have to pay all costs. Day Job says that as an additional cost, you must pay 3 clicks. So to Same Old Day Job, you’d need 5 clicks to spend. Not impossible in Arnarch, certainly, but not nearly the deal for 2.

1 Like

Huh then someone at my store dun buggered on that ruling when he played it. In any case, I think with the tags I was floating Day Job sounded like a better keep. I also want to make room for David.

Is someone running my deck? List please! I loved my shinobi deck - until i played El-ad’s Nasir :frowning:

3 False Lead, 3 ABT, Heinlen, Shinobi, Adonis, Ash, Architect, Enigma in HB core.

Side I want to now try El ad’s Nasir.

Also random thought, Stealth Anarch?