SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Maximum Jank insists on the third asset being ITD. Sure, you’ll go to time, but it’s not like the runner’s going to be able to stop you winning in the long run.

Other Plaza Jank: Oaktown Grid to make it all more expensive to trash, and Self-Destruct in case they’ve got the money and the determination, because a fully-loaded Plaza is +4 to the trace right there, without all the obnoxious costs brought on by adding more ice forever.

4 Likes

Wireless Net Pavilion is insane in the DLR deck.

Fall Guy, WNP, DLR. If you install those three resources (in that order) the corp has to spend a minimum of 8 credits to kill your DLR. 10 credits if they want to kill your Pavilion.

These three cards cost you 1 credit to install. The corp MUST spend 8 credits to deny them or lose the game within a few turns.

If you have two Fall Guys and two WNP, your DLR costs 18 credits to kill - and that’s leaving the WNP Pavilions alone.

Throw in John Masanori and Joshua B, Reina, Siphons, Parasites, Imps, Deja Vu, IHW and Inject, you have an insane deck.

It also means that a broke corp can no longer go credit-credit-trash a resource. A miserable play that they were often forced to make - now they can’t make it anymore. If they go credit-credit-credit, you siphon them back down to 0 on click, then use your four other clicks (Joshua B is online, remember?) to dig for another siphon - or just mill 4 cards.

3 Likes

Or, you know, Freelancer or All Seeing I.

3 Likes

Do you run Freelancer?

1 Like

No (though I have) but I’ll probably be running All Seeing I. Matched with Bad Pub removal/prevention for Reality Threedee, it’ll be tough to avoid the board wipe.

2 Likes

Surfer is great in Kit. Her issue in maintaining early code-gate pressure (i.e. avoiding gear checks) are somewhat remedied by this.

1. Outermost ice a code-gate, followed by barrier that is being encountered (a common case)? Switch it with the code-gate so that the barrier is now outer-most. Jack out, sustain pressure next turn.

2. Barrier as outer-most ice, unknown (possibly sentry) as second. Move the barrier to the inside position, and run through it with your code-gate breaker. Next turn, they must rez the outer-most ice to keep you out, and you can handle it (even if it is a nasty sentry) with your code-gate breaker.

The only configurations of ice where this does not help Kit (ordered from outer-most inwards):

• Code-gate then sentry
  • Sentry then sentry

Needless to say, the corp doesn’t always have the freedom to choose in what position to place its sentries on all servers, so I think Surfer can significantly prolong Kit’s early game. Combine that with my favorite card (Escher) and you’ll maybe not be scoring agendas, but if winning ANR is measured in terms of ICE manipulation, you’ll be winning your ass off.

Summary. Surfer performs two function Kit needs help with: getting more rezzed ice in non-outer-most positions (benefits: econ denail, parasite vulnerability, paintbrush-ability), and lengthening the code-gate-only game which is her main strength. Three influence is not nothing, don’t get me wrong, but this is a significant enabler.

Make no mistake: I’m talking Jank. But awesome Jank.

4 Likes

Fall Guy might still be usable to prevent the DLR trashing, depending on how things shake out. But yeah, All Seeing I looks pretty crazy-good. BP removal option isn’t even online unless you’ve got some, so if they get set up and tagged early before you rez Reality Threedee, they just lose all their stuff.

Fall Guy would allow you prevent as many resources as you had fall guys, due to the rulings with regards to sac con and project ares. But that’ll leave the board pretty spare and it shouldn’t take long from there to allow the corp to pick everything else off. Since those mill decks often spend their time working up to the super mill, I think All Seeing I (definitely worth a slot or two in a taggy NBN as long as resources are around) is going to be hard to deal with.

1 Like

Even then, though, saving a couple of things and being able to keep going is something, even if the overall situation sucks to be in when compared to not having your resources wiped out. But with two Fall Guys it’s still their complete turn spent, at the very least?

Yes, but DLR mill decks tend to be pretty focused on their milling plan. If a corp can survive the mill, the decks don’t often pack too much of a punch otherwise. NBN’s anti-resource tools will make that a pretty hard plan against them.

Other corps will have to make do on their own :wink:

1 Like

Huh. I didn’t see that it can move ICE outward, that’s interesting. It could also be useful against RP, when they play an Eli on R&D early to keep you out and then add menacing ICE in position 2 to prevent bouncing. You can use Surfer to pull the Eli out to the front so you can safely bounce and then go trash the Sundew.

7 Likes

Rolodex looks a really interesting card.

If I Chopbot a Rolodex, what’s the order (or can I pick) of trashing and drawing?

I wish I knew the answer to this question. I’d say chopbot has to resolve first, then Rolodex would trigger, but it’s possible the order is up to you since the Rolodex trigger happens during the resolution of chopbot. The answer is probably in the rulebook or FAQ.

I want to use Rolodex to make street peddler grab a blackguard for me to stimhack. I want blackguard to be competitive so badly

2 Likes

I want to use Rolodex to put extra copies of programs/programs I want in the heap on top of my stack, then programs I want at the bottom of the 5, and then use Inject for sweet filtered draw. But now we’re really living the dream.

Great application, but you can’t force the Corp to rez enigma over and over to the point to bankruptcy with inject like you potentially could with muertos , emergency shutdown and some expose

Okay, you win the ‘living the dream’ contest.

1 Like

This dream needs to be a reality. We need a runner that is man enough for Reina Roja. Or maybe some way to use blackguard out of Reina…

Interestingly, these are two different types of abilities with the same timing. Chop Bot says “if you [trash Rolodex]” and Rolodex says “when you trash Rolodex”. This makes Chop Bot a constant effect and Rolodex a conditional one. Constant abilities have higher priority when sharing timing with other simultaneous effects, so Chop Bot would go first in this situation.

8 Likes

I knew there would be an answer!

Neat. Can’t wait to try it in an Inject and/or Chopbot deck.

Well, either way it would work out that you’d draw the card you wanted from the combo, with the card you want either in the first, or fourth spot

1 Like