SanSan Cycle Spoilers

I believe you are correct, Bookmark can host any number of cards. I was thinking increase hand size, put everything on bookmark, then Game Day for more draw.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, all pretty good ideas. Maybe capstone would be a good one of here, bookmark all your extras, capstone them away for…something

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been thinking of Bookmark as a Shaper Plascrete that actually does something in non-meat damage matchups. It can help with timing-dependent cards, can hold onto the extra QT cards without having to dump things in the heap, and can soak up damage in a pinch. You can stash your “clutch” cards there against Chronos Protocol too!

It’s not as good as Plascrete at preventing damage, but it has a useful secondary purpose which can be really important when deckslots are tight.

Worlds Plaza can only host assets, but you can still install upgrades in the root of the server directly, which seems to be what popeye09 was saying

I’m a fan of rolodex in shaper. It’s not super amazing by any means, but it does make the deck a little more plastic. Had a moment last night where I knew a nisei MkII was in HQ, and that I could probably get in. Went: Quality Time, Rolodex, (find legwork), draw and got the legwork and the nisei. Digging 10 is a pretty big deal. You can also SMC once you’ve pulled out the cream to shuffle, making it a really good early game card. That said, is it worth the 1 inf? Probably not. But I really did like the consistancy and flexibility it added to my game.

1 Like

Might try it in Apex. “Drawing 10” with QT and Rolodex might be worthwhile.

1 Like

I mean, it could’ve been Express Delivery to “see” 9 cards and you’d have saved a click… AND it shuffles the deck for you!

1 Like

Anecdotal evidence, legwork was the fifth card when i played Rolodex.

There were other points where i wanted econ and Rolodex reduced the time to see an econ event.

It’s not a bad card is the main point. If you’re clicking to draw, it can inform you whether you should do so. It’s probably much better off of criminal, where you would likely special order to shuffle and card draw us already bad.

1 Like

It doesn’t help with card draw. That’s sort of the issue with Criminal right now: there are plenty of ways to draw a particular card, but drawing more cards than clicking for them is hard. Some Criminal decks like the selection, but many others at this point just want to see more cards faster, as each card increases your tempo but the difference between them is not as great as it used to be.

Basically, these selection effects help you smooth out the curve of your deck by drawing the right cards at the right time, but if your deck is tuned really evenly they provide you little benefit. Card advantage is better in that case, and lots of modern Criminal decks are pretty smoothly tuned.

In geist it probably matters a whole lot less; you want basically everything you draw. Everything you draw is more card advantage eventually so that you can hopefully spend less clicks drawing. Geist is really good at that. If you’re playing Gabe or Andromeda, knowing that clicking for the next 5 cards won’t get you a breaker you need makes special order more valuable. And, counter to that. Being able to rearange the next 5 cards to get that breaker that’s in reach and then go get the other breaker with special order is even more important. If there’s one thing I disliked about criminal, it was overdrawing to find the tool you were missing and letting tricks go to the bin. But, I’ve never been good at criminal. So… :confused:

Any expected use of Expo Grid? I feel it might be good in asset-heavy Gagarin where the runner is more loathe to trash it and clear servers out routinely, but it is slow. Would seem to synergize with the asset-stacking of Worlds if that sees anything.
Too much influence to go in RP where it’d be best I imagine.

It makes Blue Sun’s install-rez-bounce-Adonis trick net 4 creds per turn instead of 3. Not to be sniffed at, but not the world’s most amazing combo.

The other obvious use is to simply rez your failed Mushin Overwriter and plop it in the server for a pad campaign that costs 3 to 4 brain damage to trash…but this implies you’re either importing Mushin and traps into Weyland (good luck) or you’re not Weyland and there are therefore better things to spend influence on.

Worlds plaza (-2) hosting the root (-4) and Adonis (0) with a server diagnostics (0) for next turn gain of 3 recurring credits, 5 begin of turn credits plus 4 for Adonis, which can then be rezzed for free, meaning a net return of 9 credits, 10 with Expo grid. Big money weyland here I come

1 Like

Meanwhile the Runner is up 5-0 and is just waiting to run your remote as soon as you advance something. GLHF

3 Likes

Hm, I think I “got” Worlds Plaza. Maybe. Even then, it is just icing on the cake.
It can host something truly monstrous like IT Department in addition to something making you mad money (Server Diagnostics) or equally monstrous (Corporate Town) under the same pack of ice. I haven’t used IT myself yet but I’ve heard if you can keep it up after a certain point it is gg. Which is nice because I had real problems fitting Scorched into this kind of deck and this could provide wins without flatline relience.

I’d build it in Gagarin, but Blue Sun would likely be straight better (the usual + Diagnostics bouncing).

It + World Plaza is actually a really good idea with passive econ. Build money and make all of your ice stronger, in the same server.

If you had enough ice, you could even start building a scoring remote, while scoring out public supports.

Maybe not as great as I want it to be, but IT seems pretty decent with it.

What sort of passive econ are you thinking of? The traditional stuff of PAD campaign or other asset econ isn’t traditionally used in Blue Sun is it? I’m actually thinking that bouncing server Diagnostics and replaying it, while massive money, wouldn’t jive with the clicks needed to build both board state and IT.
I might try that more in a traditional Gagarin with Expo Grid, though Paywall doesn’t seem to make great bedfellows with IT either.

Edit: nvm probably. IT probably likes few things more than an early Curtain Wall.
Edit Edit: Party’s over. Isn’t Imp really big in Noise now?

I’ve heard of Imp being used in Noise, but it seems to be a niche card that doesn’t see much play at higher levels.

Pretty sure Imp is just bad anyway, so you should be happy to see it on the field. Those random mills aren’t a big deal. :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, you still need to be able to get into a remote to threaten with imp. I’m also partial to cyberdex when building asset focused builds

Looks like Universe of Tomorrow is Now Shipping! Plaza Palooza!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/products/the-universe-of-tomorrow/

4 Likes