[SHL] - OCTGN Stimhack League #7 - Octgn's revenge!

(Shameless jacking of the good man @Argamas’s original post. Thanks again you saint. This will always be here. You are too much of a saint to remove it. <3)

Hello! Yes, to you Netrunner! Hello!

Jnet got you down? Tired of seeing a world ruled by Iain and Exile and decks running Pipeline? Well get the big boy pants/big girl slacks on… we are back.

Stimhack League. Octgn. THE PROMISED LAND.

WE. ARE. BACK.

Card Legality - If it’s a data pack is on OCTGN in its entirety, it’s legal. So whenever Mumbad starts, that’s the rule.

THE MOST WANTED LIST IS IN EFFECT, FROM DAY 1 OF THE SEASON UNTIL THE END OF TIME (read: the season). YES, EVEN IN JANUARY.

Hello Netrunner Universe,

I am very excited to announce the OCTGN Stimhack League #7. We are happy that we can continue the league for this great community!

First and foremost here, while OCTGN is a great interface, please do your homework and know how to use OCTGN prior to entering any league games.

OCTGN is not entirely intuitive, but thankfully Tuism (from BGG) made an excellent easy to use OCTGN GUIDE.

We will be using http://www.challengeboards.net/ as our league host.

You will need to “register” for BOTH the website and for the specific league. The league is called OCTGN Stimhack League #7

The Password for the league is “promisedland” (remove the airquotes). We decided to add a password to avoid the few nasty players we encounter every league.

Please make your names on OCTGN, Stimhack, and the Challenge Boards website as close to the same as possible to avoid confusion for your opponents!

The league will start 1/18/2016 and conclude 3/1/2016.

When you start a league game, just make sure you have “SHL” in the title. It will deter non league players, and let other Stimhack league players you are looking for a game.

There will be no minimum or maximum number of games you can play. Play anytime, as much as you like. The winner will report the game, and loser will have 36 hours to “reject” the game if there is a discrepancy.

It’s also nice if you are the loser to go ahead and “verify” the loss, this will speed along the scoring of the game.

You are not required to play a full match, playing only one side is ok. Although to keep in the spirit of Netrunner please mix up who you play and which side you play as much as possible.

Play any legal decks you like. For simplicity sake, if the cards are “rezzed” on OCTGN, then they are available for league play. See above qualifiers about the MWL list.

If you do an SHL game request, you have to accept all who want to play and are in the league. You do not have to play two games. If you want to play certain players, make a private game.

We use an ELO system. At the end of the season, we will do a Top 4 Playoff, and have it streamed. Date will be determined to make sure that all 4 players can play, and at a reasonable time for their respective time zones.

If you have any troubles in-game, take screenshots of the full incident so we can see what happened (be as informative as possible) and post in this thread. We hope we can avoid trouble, but will deal with it if needed. I will handle any issues brought up. -bahram

About Disconnects in particular…

Take screenshots of how long the game was in. If you clearly had a winning spot, we can make the case for the win… but usually we hope to just null the game. One game is one game, but getting a loss in anything that was arguably close… that’s a rough feel.

But explain the game state, take screenshots for sure, and most importantly get a picture of the log, to confirm if it was a D/C or if your opponent just left.

We know the trouble with ELO and the current Challengeboard site. It’s reasonable enough for the moment, and this is a league for practice, not for getting internet points. Understand the system isn’t perfect, but it is close enough. If a great alternative comes up in the future, I will make sure to look into it.

Prizes, prizes, priz-zi-zes!! - Winner gets a Forum badge. Swag out while you argue about cardboard on the internet by showing everyone you know what you are talking about. Also, I have a fun suprise prize for First place. You are gonna love it, I promise. You want it. After that… well you get e-fame for making the top 4 cut? I dunno, this is a league for winners. Be a winner and you get prizes. If not… well… <3

I think that about does it. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns here at the forums

4 Likes

TO SAY AGAIN.

MUMBAD IS LEGAL WHENEVER ITS OUT AND ON OCTGN

MOST WANTED IS IN EFFECT, FROM THE START EVEN IN JANUARY.

You been told twice. Don’t fuck up. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Is MWL active?

4 Likes

i hope i can make kind of announcement every league

so this can be our thing,

itll be cute.

2 Likes

So thats a yes then?

2 Likes

Yeay, finally!

OCTGN rules!

Yeay!

2 Likes

OCTGN is for nerds.

Too true, @Argamas deserves props forever for his previous efforts!

Looking forward to dominating like always on OCTGN, That top 200 better watch out, I’m coming in and ready to make a slight impression on everyone. Let’s do this baby! SPORTSBALL NERD STYLE!

sportsball is the best ball. what else is there XD

bump for visibility

Thank God, finally. Playing on Jinteki causes me physical and emotional pain :wink:

2 Likes

bump for reminder that the league starts today!

go play the superior platform

@SimonMoon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m in! Love octgn.

Seriously Jnet makes me sick, not the UI, just the players. Come join the dark side. We have Product Placements!

1 Like

So Jinteki won, huh? ;_;

:frowning: Never see any games!

I only been playing online the past couple days, and just in the sake of getting quantity ive been on Jnet. I need to be on OCTGN more myself. ><

Stupid real life and stupid SC season.

I’ll try to be around more on the better platform. ><

I just haven’t been playing for a week or so, but even when I was, SHL didn’t get any takers for 10-20 minutes when I was on. It’s partially hours, but also just the lack of population on here. It’s very sad.

I didn’t remember about this league at all. I guess the popularity of Jinteki.net sucks people away from OCTGN. It is hard to get any game nowadays, let alone SHL. It doesn’t help that the decks I’d like to pay are a bit of a hassle online, so I feel like I’d rather not bother. Especially on Jinteki.net with the generally less experienced players. :slight_smile:

I made the switch too, but mainly because of the waiting time for a game on octgn because so long, otherwise i would not have becuase i believe it to be superior

Jinteki vs pctgn pros vs con

Pros
Slick interface
Zero waiting time
Browser based
Ongoing support?

Cons
No sound effects
No undo
Cant resize the screen effectively so cards are too small
Variance in player ability is very high
Player etiquette is noticeably worse