Signup: fine dining outing during Worlds week

I may have missed it, but did you put a PayPal link up yet?

Not yet. I’ve gotten another request to join in, and suspect there might be another interested person or two lurking about, so I’ve reached out to Travail to find out what the per-person cost would be if we have 14-16. We’ve already got two long tables that seat up to 8, so as long as they haven’t sold the other 4 seats already, we can probably fit a few more people in and bring the per-person cost down even further.

1 Like

Okay, we can now go up to 16 people. We have the original 12 plus @aandries, and I’m reserving one of the other open spots for my wife for real this time. :smiley: So there are 2 open spots. If we fill those, we’ll be back down to $90/person (it’s $102 now).

I’m pretty sure I can fill those 2 spots with local friends if we don’t find any interested Netrunners, but if you know anyone coming to Worlds who would be interested, feel free to pass this on. I’m game to dine with anyone except people who participated in the NRDB exploit – I’m pretty sore about that, since I was a target and they got my team’s lists.

1 Like

I’m delighted to see how this has taken off! We’ll be a right merry bunch coming from KoS :slight_smile: Am I the only person from Europe attending thus far?

I’d love to come as well!

Cool. Just food, or food + drinks?

Food + drinks, please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re also adding @eric_c, food only. However, @jdeng is considering backing out, so we potentially have 1 open spot left!

1 Like

PayPal link will be going up this weekend, alongside an update to the OP confirming the plan. I’ll ask for the base $90 + drink pairing cost (if drinking) from each person by Oct 25, which will be a day or two before they charge me.

5 Likes

SO EXCITE. MUCH GOOD FOOD. WOW.

Also, Stimhack seems to like complete sentences now.

1 Like

OK, we have:

omni food + drink
Venali food
leburgan food
cranked food + drink
StephenE food + drink
MikeJS food + drink
spags food + drink
dashakan food + drink
aandries food
bblum food + drink
orbital_tangent food + drink
manticore food + drink
eric_c food (+ drink?)
jdeng ? (you coming, @jdeng?)

ajar + ElJay food + drink

That’s 16 unless jdeng decides to drop, which he was considering.

I realized when I signed the credit card authorization that the group rate ($90 / seat) doesn’t include the gratuity (18%) the same way the ticket price does, nor the state sales tax (6.88%). They’ll automatically charge me both on the whole thing when they bill me, so there won’t be anything to handle at the restaurant – unlike the ticketing system, which is nice. That puts the totals pretty much exactly where I thought they’d be in the OP. I’ve worked it out below, less the ~$5 that PayPal will charge you to transfer these amounts of money. I’ll cover that myself, as a way of saying cheers and thanks for joining me on this crazy adventure!

Sometime between now and Oct 25, please PayPal me:

• Food alone = US$105
  • Food + drink = US$200

Everyone who pays up on time will owe me exactly $0 on the day of. If you don’t pay up on time, I reserve the right to give your seat to someone who does pay me. :slight_smile:

The last thing to consider is getting to and from the restaurant, which I think will be reasonably straightforward. It sounds like a couple of people may have cars, which will help, and the KoS venue and the restaurant are also both in the Lyft service area for our region. So we can get a Lyft XL or two at around 7:15 - 7:30, plus a few people in rental / personal cars, and we should get there in plenty of time (it’s a 20-25 minute drive from KoS to Travail).

Do not plan on driving if you’re getting the drink pairings. You likely won’t be stumbling around, but you’ll be way over the legal driving limit.

That covers everything. Looking forward to it! :tada:

2 Likes

Paid. I will have a car that can seat 4

1 Like

Paid. Really looking forward to this.

Where are you staying? If you’re offering, I potentially would mind grabbing a ride with you because of dranks.

Radison

I’m coming.

3 Likes

food only for me

1 Like

Paid. I’m also staying the Radisson and would greatly appreciate a lift if it’s convenient for anyone.

Fully expect Thursday to be the highlight of the trip between this and King of Servers!

Most everybody has either paid up or made another arrangement with me. If you haven’t, I’d appreciate it if you’d either do so soon, or if you don’t want to do PayPal, reach out directly & let me know what works. Pretty sure everyone’s good for it, so I’m not worried on that score.

omni food + drink PAID
Venali food PAID
leburgan food PAID
cranked food + drink PAID
StephenE food + drink PAID
MikeJS food + drink PAID
spags food + drink PAID
dashakan food + drink PAID
aandries food PAID
bblum food + drink PAID
orbital_tangent food + drink PAID
manticore food + drink PAID
eric_c food PAID
@jdeng food

ajar + ElJay food + drink PAID, obviously.

The last authorization I did was for 10 drink pairings, and I believe we actually have 11 who want that, so I’ll tweak the authorization with them today.

This is barely over a week away! It’s going to be amazeballs. :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

Last thing: if you have any dietary restrictions, LET ME KNOW! Here, Slack, wherever. I’ll pass those along.

2 Likes