Siskel and Ebert Ruin The Meta: Film Critic Discussion

Not true, you’re noise, you have clot. They must score with a Sansan, so you push your win rate to 90% if you check everything with an imp and don’t let them have Sansans and just imp agendas until you have more credits than them. The other 10% they have the nut draw or a naked CVS you check to lose imp counters.

1 Like

Haha, this was my thought as well when I saw Contract Killer.

Weyland Executive subpoenaed in beloved film critic assassination case

2 Likes

Two thumbs down

3 Likes

Sorry, I was referring to putting a random Imp in other things. You’re right about Noise.

1 Like

Contract Killer is cool, but you rarely will need Critic against Weyland. Maybe Titan Midseasons.

Or the Punitive decks.

3 Likes

Argus Security is a big one

1 Like

Just thought I’d re-iterate Ajar’s point here. Imp is an obviously superior card to Film critic in a wide variety of ways - but no one is suggesting splashing FC into anarch! Imp costs 3 influence, takes up a memory, can be purged, is not infinitely re-usable (despite its ease-of-recursion), and last but not least is slightly worse at stealing TFP (probably the most major concern agenda for “alternate econ” decks like nasir or stealth kit/hayley, or super-rich Kates that don’t give a shit about paying for NAPD).

So, the TLDR I guess is that saying another card is good/better has almost no bearing on the discussion of this card since it has significantly different costs, advantages, and drawbacks.

Is it confirmed this is how it actually works? I assumed if there was already a hosted agenda, you wouldn’t be allowed to host another agenda.

I believe you’d have to discard the one on it to Archives to host another.

I don’t believe you can voluntarily trash hosted cards unless they specifically state you can.

7 Likes

Right so, in the scenario where you were to run Archives with 2 agendas in there, you could host 1, but the film critic would be full and you would be forced to score the 2nd one. Right?

That’s how hosting has worked so far. You cannot host another agenda on Glenn Station until you pull one back to hand to free space. Cards on Personal Workshop may not be voluntarily trashed. The only exception is when it’s a program that is hosted AND installed, so you can trash them as conditions of installing a new program as per the rules.

1 Like

Probably. Maybe. There’s enough gray area that FFG can take the card whichever way they want it to go. In absence of a ruling, it’s probably better for us to go with this plan though, where you can’t cycle agendas through without scoring them.

We don’t know that Glen Station works that way. I don’t believe the question has ever been asked.

When someone raised this query about Film Critic on netrunners.co.uk, I was all ‘aha, Glenn station works the same, there must be a ruling already!’ then I googled it and realised Glenn Station sees so little play nobody seems to have bothered getting a ruling on it :confused:

While I think it is prudent to get a ruling. I can’t think of any reason to believe that it’s possible to host an agenda on a Film Critic that is already hosting an agenda.

2 Likes

Seems fine in a deck with nothing but Government Takeover and Vanity Project, but yeah; It’s an agenda no one has really taken to. It’d be a very interesting one-of-only 3/2 or 2/1. Different discussion, though. Or even 5/3 if it had some other trigger associated with hosting something.

The only thing I know could happen that’d be weird with Glenn would be Turn Tabling it when it’s hosting something. Text would go inactive and the card it’s hosting would be trashed since it can’t host anything anymore. But, it’s not relevant aside from showing where the card would go if hosting wasn’t possible anymore for a card it was hosting.

I’ve been using it in a deck with The Source and other connections. I really think the Calling In Favors deck might finally be a thing. It beat up on Argus, made RP an actual fair match. Popping the Source off of street peddler is awesome, too.

Merged from: Film Critic Is Real

Metashakeup - Not sky is falling.

Played against @cranked last night and had my first peak at the card in action. It compliment’s Kate’s run only when she wants too mentality and really makes the central dig against Jinteki decks work again. While I thought it’d be better to just pay for NAPD, I think it turns out it’s better to have the cash reserves for running. You just look at the double click on film critic as making back your 4 bucks you would have spent on NAPD and it all works out. So, it’s like mandatory OPUS at some point after having seen NAPD. And, more importantly, TFP isn’t as much of a threat. And more annoyingly, on score abilities really are done as soon as you see it in play.

I’m not sure where critic will be best. It seems medium decks will love it; but Kate loves it too. As a connection, it’s even playable in criminal at 1 inf.

I think Jinteki “can’t touch this” decks are going to go on the decline, not disappear; but it’s probably the right call to avoid leaning too hard on these cards. I think they’ll still be good in rush. It’s just that those longer game plans aren’t going to be as powerful.

Ding Dong, RP stubbed its toe. And you can probably replace midseasons replacements with something else, now.

Similar experiences, anyone?

Corporate Town (Which toybox can rez) and Contract Killer seem like the best answers. But answers for answers, not a great strategy. Probably better to shift.

Snatch and Grab too, yeah? If you can hit it immediately after they load an agenda, you are better off than if they had just paid the 4.

I’ve tried Corporate Town with Toybox, and it didn’t work well for me.

1 Like