Smoke and Mirrors -- A Scovak Thread

Anytime!

3 Likes

I do like Scrubber/Slums in Shaper, although I will admit that I miss Switchblade and I would love to fit Aaron Marron in there.

Its a great build in the current meta though.

I would LOVE to have Aaron in there but down that road lies blackstone and madness

2 Likes

I was trying inti + atman as barrier breakers for a while instead of corroder, it worked well.

Anyway, here’s an updated list:

1 Hades Shard
2 Dirty Laundry
2 Daily Casts
1 Dagger
1 Corroder
1 Cloak
3 Sure Gamble
1 Refractor
3 Indexing
1 Clot
3 Temüjin Contract
3 Net Mercur
1 Rumor Mill
1 Beth Kilrain-Chang
1 Film Critic
1 Same Old Thing
2 Astrolabe
3 Self-modifying Code
1 Atman
3 Diesel
2 Clone Chip
2 Cold Read
1 "Freedom Through Equality"
1 Patron

i am not sure if cutting switchblade is a good idea or not. I gain a little bit of early aggression but I lose some money in the mid to late game once Net Mercurs hits the table.
Rumor Mill is a new addition to the deck since I’ve been seing a resurgence on currents and caprice-batty on JNET.

Hades is useful vs CI7 and NEH ps combo. I’ve cut NACH as I expect ctm to be pushed slightly out of the meta after the release of marron.

I don’t even really think that’s true. Like, SMC’ing for Dagger and breaking stuff with it is so expensive that un-rezzed ice is usually enough to deter me until the mid-game anyways.

I haven’t had that much of a problem with Blackstone, but I also am packing x3 Peace in Our Time, so I can be sure to play it early. Almost every game I have played, the extra cash has accelerated my set up by a few turns or has given me a turn to catch my breath and continue to press the offensive.

Corroder is almost always better, but with a robust enough economy I don’t think Blackstone is quite as bad as people make it out to be. Especially since the whole fast advance argument is kind of moot due to clone chip clot and the deck is very, very good against glacier (which is not that prevalent).

3 Likes

This is what I ended with on my Codebusting stream. 5-1

2 Likes

I love it!

Well, yes and no. I usually install my breakers with cold read + smc so I can get a discount. What bothers me more is that, with Switchblade as my killer, I need to have at least 1 cloak or net mercur before start making runs if I suspect there’s an unrezzed sentry. Dagger solves this problem because it requires only 1 stealth credit most of the time.

In the end, it all comes down where do you want to spend your last 2 influence in. I think that if I have to import only 1 breaker that’s going to be Corroder, as blackstone is too expensive and inti sometimes is just awful.

Anyone excited for the shaper support program in terminal that the price of ice into all ice types?

Seems like it could be pretty great with most of our breakers and also solves the necessity of ai breakers.

The main problem would be mu and it might be one of the things that helps shift over to a bigger or some support mu. But it seems very strong with certain rig set ups.

That card seems pretty cool to me. I can see it being played mid to late game vs an expensive piece of ICE that you can break efficiently with another breaker. I would host it on FC3 and use switchblade on it. MU can be an issue, but by mid-late game usually you don’t need cloak anymore since you should have at least 4 or 5 credits on net mercur which are more than enough

1 Like

A rig that is switch/dagger, blackat and Houdini will have some good fun with it.

It seems very good. Magnet will hit it kind of hard though.

Do you have a link to that program?

I can’t find it. My google fu is weak. I will try to track it down.

I want to say though that Sifr smoke seems like the real deal. Hats off to Mechanoise for putting the Sifr in. Hadn’t even considered it in my builf.

Paired with paintbrush or the upcoming new program and you are able to get a lot of mileage out of those stealth creds. While you aren’t destroying ice you are able to pretty much invalidate them.

-=Maleficent=- (42 cards)

Ele “Smoke” Scovak: Cynosure of the Net

Event (11)
2 Cold Read
3 Diesel
1 “Freedom Through Equality”
2 Indexing
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
1 Akamatsu Mem Chip
1 Clone Chip
1 Plascrete Carapace
1 R&D Interface
1 Şifr [color=#cf3713]●[/color]

Resource (16)
1 Beth Kilrain-Chang
3 Daily Casts
2 Film Critic
1 Ghost Runner
3 Net Mercur
1 Patron
2 Sacrificial Construct
3 Temüjin Contract [color=#444f80]●●●●● ●[/color]

Icebreaker (4)
1 Atman
1 BlacKat [color=#cf3713]●●●[/color]
1 Refractor
1 Switchblade [color=#444f80]●●[/color]

Program (6)
2 Cloak
1 Clot [color=#cf3713]●●[/color]
3 Self-modifying Code

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/QRkpeeWme7eHQCwMR]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

This is my current build. I will be publishing it after some more testing this weekend.

Fun fact, SIFR makes Blackat incredible. One stealth credit to break a curtain wall.

3 Likes

I<3 the blackat love.

I do wonder if you really can bend the build in the clot direction as well.

The 1 of Sifr is also interesting.

Looking forward to hearing about how it works out.

1 Like

This. This deck right here.
This is why Sifr is a fine card that doesn’t need ban/MWL… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But how many big barriers do you see these days? Huge Code Gates, sure, but the decoders are efficient at pumping, not breaking.

This the last version of my deck, trying to make Smok viable in the new, asset-spam heavy meta.

1 Quality Time
2 Self-modifying Code
1 Test Run
2 Salsette Slums
1 Clone Chip
1 Cloak
3 Sure Gamble
1 Refractor
3 Indexing
1 Clot
3 Temüjin Contract
1 Net Shield
2 Net Mercur
1 Inti
1 Film Critic
1 Paricia
1 Same Old Thing
1 Switchblade
2 Astrolabe
1 Atman
3 Diesel
2 Cold Read
2 New Angeles City Hall
1 "Freedom Through Equality"
3 Daily Casts

2 slums and 1 paricia are enough asset spam hate, I guess. Quality time is for extra draw and test run works also as a poor man’s clone chip to cycle back clot.

Yeah, seems like a Smoke Deck. There’s possible minor card changes that I’d probably make – 3x Cold Read might be too many; I might go +1 Indexing or Maker’s Eye instead. Also, good as it is, I usually just run 2x Net Mercur. This would give you a slot for 1x Same Old Thing to make your Levy a safer card to slot, as well as recur Indexing and currents – but these are all personal changes and probably aren’t going to matter in most games.