State of the meta - October 2017 - No more fair Netrunner?

I don’t know, they don’t seem unbeatable to me. I suspect some degenerate asset spam door 2 door prison deck to be a top contender

1 Like

Maybe, I’m knida just hoping the answer isn’t shaper with clot, sac-con and Tapwyrm.

Don’t worry. The runner meta will be a sea of Sunny.

I don’t know that it’s “disingenuous hyperbole” but I took it as a joke. I mean maybe the examples I gave for asset spam were bad, but CI and asset spam (of some variety) aren’t even good? lol?

3 Likes

The CI identity is good, but the public is miles off the the right way to play it.

Assets are good, but there is no deck that wins just by installing a million things in the way tubs and IG54 did.

1 Like

So this is actually the first time we just don’t know what the worlds will be like.I’m very looking forward to see how unfair it is (no jokes here,we just really like to see what a big tournament meta will be like after such shake up,even if it’s an unfair one).

1 Like

lol, this almost completes my “peak thebigboy” bingo card. Quick, someone say something good about Maw!

10 Likes

24 Likes

Did you get ‘vague notions about how the “public” is doing it wrong, but no follow-up nor basis’?

10 Likes

Comment thrown out there almost as if Spags wants to dissuade us from tracking down the Illuminati deck tech spoken of earlier.

Levels upon levels upon levels.

2 Likes

I’m as far from the illuminati as you, my friend.

I’m not spilling the beans I have been collecting, but I did stream some Worlds-viable CTM a bit ago. Feel free to enjoy.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing your build with a few adjustments since that stream. It’s a blast build, definitely most fun I’ve had with CTM since the shake-ups and it feels the strongest. The Slums FAQ helps it a lot because runners can’t Slums the MVTs anymore and dodge the ARES. Long live CTM, I won’t ever stop playing it

2 Likes

yo. it’s turtles all the way down.

1 Like

A+ Damon-ism : - )

28 Likes

If Damonism isn’t a term and/or belief system by the end of the day tomorrow, I’ll be surprised. It has so many useful applications:

Sure, you could make pancakes in a pan, but have you really thought about all the different ways in which they could be cooked?

Of course you could drive down the road without being blindfolded, but the chance to let your other sense guide you really is the right way to do it.

5 Likes

Anyone complaining about agenda flood probably refuses to play Alexa Belsky

3 Likes

Hi @thebigboy, have enjoyed your teaching-deck articles and am brand new to the forum. (I think this is my first post. Hi everyone.) For the other people in my position, do you mind explaining what you mean by ‘the public’ here? My impression is that there are cliques of boys (e.g. a bunch of players in/around San Francisco – that’s ‘Glassdoor’?) who develop ‘proprietary’ decks in advance of major tournaments, w/out exposing them to the ‘public.’ Do I have that right?

So where do you come by your information, and whom do you practice with?

14 Likes

All this thread is missing is some snark from Syntax.

2 Likes

I love me some @anon34370798 snark.

Never change.

If you read french, there is 5589 posts of that on r4g :slight_smile:

3 Likes