State of the meta - October 2017 - No more fair Netrunner?

3 Likes

Me explaining why Breaking News was good for the game.

3 Likes

I can see that if it weren’t for 24/7.

1 Like

Then surely the problem is 24/7, not BN? :wink:

6 Likes

Stage Directions…
(both arms) You draw and draw and draw and draw then…
(right arm) 24/7
(left arm) Boom!

1 Like

24/7 is such a dumb card

2 Likes

my observations from October league play are Gagarin/NEH are good. the ignore all the nonsense in the remotes and medium dig plan is gone. maybe I just don’t know how to play against them but I felt lost.

there’s a 7 point CI build out there that seems good too. sac con clot maybe get them but it seemed to have outs.

film critic may or may not be too narrow for your one restricted card so it may be opus or levy because they are better vs an unknown field.

I haven’t seen any DDoS or apocalypse at all which leads me to believe people are sitting on brews involving these cards because they imo are too powerful not to see play when everything else with anything teeth has been banned.

what these all means ? lol I have no clue. I’m like 3-15 since league started trying to playing punitive nonsense and the shattered husk of anarch.

1 Like

With the recent errata to Slums (which I think makes it worse because it now doesn’t counter CtM and Hostile Infrastructure as directly), I’ve been having a hell of a time against IG Biolock. I’ve played against it a handful of times now and it’s just beastly.

It’s fueled by Whampoa + Shannon Claire, which is as strong as Museum + Mumbad City Hall. So once Hostiles come down that combo is pretty hard to get off the table.

I think it’s pretty much impossible to “play around” IG Biolock; you just have to have tech cards. Specifically, I think you need Slums. Maybe Archives Interface, but that becomes pretty uninspiring if Whampoa is on the table.

1 Like

Build up money, run archives, trash the important cards, repeat. Don’t waste time on anything you don’t need. Only address their plan, your plan doesn’t matter. If your deck can’t handle that type of gameplay then it’s bad.

Standard IG procedure.

Slums is technically worse now but still a worthwhile include in Anarch decks and Shaper decks with Artist Colony IMO. It’s very valuable against any deck playing assets and/or upgrades. In the few dead match-ups (Rush), you just pitch it (or never tutor for it).

1 Like

It still stops Hostile from pinging you, no?

Ha, casual. You can find posts here in which I explain why Astroscript is needed in the game :wink:

(To be fair, it was because the whole faction was built around it. Later releases changed things)

1 Like

Ah, I suppose you’re right. And the card that you RFG against CtM doesn’t trigger the trace, either; it just doesn’t fizzle the ID.

1 Like

I’ve never seen it distilled down so clearly. Thanks for the tip! :wink:

If you were going to pack tech cards to help with prison match-ups, which do you like? Slums, or is Scrubber good enough? Is Paricia helpful, or is it hot garbage?

If you’re Playing Shaper and expect to see a lot of Prison/Asset Spam 3x Paricia is good enough. You want that online early, and it’s highly tutor able being a program. If you’re expecting a mild amount of Prison I’d only go 2x Paricia.

If you’re playing Anarch 1x Slums is solid and I’d personally prefer Imp to Scrubber, but that’s only because it has a bit more utility in the CI match up.

If you’re playing Crim idk, I think you take scrubber since you have fall guys.

Hinky IG is good too. Bioethics, Hostiles, Chairman Hiro, Ronin, Dedication Ceremony, etc. The difference being you’re trying to kill quickly, rather than lock them down. Since you’re going fast, you can run Illegal Arms Factory for card draw and not worry much about the bad publicity.

1 Like

Paricia is way better than scrubber if you can spare the MU.
The only hitch is that it is vulnerable to Best Defense… and “can spare the MU” is not exactly a light ask.
Something like non-Opus Kit, Sunny, or a no-breaker/gang sign criminal would love it.

Just don’t forget Paricia can only help to trash assets while Scrubber can trash anything that has a trash cost. Paricia is fine in-faction because it’s Self-modifiable. I don’t see much reason for Crims to prefer it over Scrubber. Maybe Geist if he ever cares.

True, but with sscg out, that’s less of a limitation than it used to be. The fact that it’s a net gain of 2 out of the box is pretty decent.